Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm pretty used to wiring my dashcams in my previous cars to the fuse box with no issue. I just got my EV6 a few days ago and ordered a hardwire kit. When i tried to put the add-a-fuse tap in, it the plastic shroud was a tad too thick and couldn't fit in the fuse plug. I've attached image of the issue.

I know there's a dongle to wire the dashcam to the mirror but that only gives it power when thcar is on. Has anyone been able to use a fuse tap for their dash cam? and if so, what was the dash hardwire kit?

Automotive lighting Light Hood Finger Gesture

·
Registered
103 Posts
I believ you have to take a file to the tap to get it to fit. There have been other posts on this, do a search on "Dashcams",

Reactions: nobrainape

·
Registered
222 Posts
There are 2 different types of mini fuse tap, not sure which one the EV6 has.

If you pull another fuse and have a look to see if it has the extra bit of plastic between the pins it is the low profile one.

Circuit component Electrical wiring Electronic component Font Cable

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believ you have to take a file to the tap to get it to fit. There have been other posts on this, do a search on "Dashcams",
I was debating that but wasnt sure if i would expose anything that the plastic was covering. I ended up returning it back to Amazon and order two more sets from different people that "looks" like they dont have any additional plastic width to it. I'm only eyeing it through the stock photos so hoping I'm right. They'll arrive sunday and the other monday.

I did do a search earlier but mainly found the thread about dashcams being illegal in UK or the dingle discussion thread. I'll do another search to find the one that mentioned filing the edges.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are 2 different types of mini fuse tap, not sure which one the EV6 has.

If you pull another fuse and have a look to see if it has the extra bit of plastic between the pins it is the low profile one.

View attachment 4566
Sorry if i didnt explain well enough. The EV6 uses Micro2. The issue is that if you look at your image, the black plastic is wider than the pins of the fuse. The fuses in the fusebox for the EV 6 is so tight that anything thicker than the fuse will not be able to be pushed in. Even a mm difference makes it too thick.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts