Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll kick off...
  1. The App isn't real time. You need to manually refresh the data but even then it doesn't update what it displays. It confirms the data has been refreshed but still displays the old data. You can force it to update by force closing the app and reloading. This means you can be say Charging you car but the status reads as Not Charging and/or unplugged.
  2. The Climate Control (mostly) only works when the Car is plugged in and ready to receive a charge. An error message says it must be plugged in but then this morning I could defrost the car, turn the climate on but the windscreen remained frozen. This is crazy. Users just need this work work when requested. It's up to us if we use the battery or the mains power.
  3. Even when BOTH the car and the App are set to use Miles instead of km the system reports km. It's bad enough that users must set both Miles in the Car by user and then again in the App but both of these are ignored sometimes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree with all your points Jon, the other issue I see is that the connection seems to 'time out' after 10 minutes. I think this is the correct working because if you log in and put your phone down, in theory someone could use it to unlock your car.
I've taken to force shutting it down before I use it each time.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I agree with all your points Jon, the other issue I see is that the connection seems to 'time out' after 10 minutes. I think this is the correct working because if you log in and put your phone down, in theory someone could use it to unlock your car.
I've taken to force shutting it down before I use it each time.
yes me too. I would expect to be able to face ID or biometric a refresh and get a quick update. My HyperVolt will send and receive data within a fraction of a second real time. It's really very much doable these days.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I find it clunky to have a status page and a remote page. It would be better to have the switches on a page where they can be toggled on and off and show their status. Regarding climate control failures and the cabin not heating up via the app, I think this is most likely a problem with the car not the app. See other threads.

·
Registered
75 Posts
The app is absolute SHITE!!
When I collected my car on Thursday 4th November, I was told to log on to KIA Connect. I did this, the sales guy configured the various settings and the car started scheduled charging as it should that evening.
I did not go very far in the next few days but I was unable to get the car to charge using scheduled charging. The car wanted to charge as soon as it was plugged in. I visited the dealership on Sunday and the app was deleted and re downloaded to my car all seemed to be OK.
Again I had problems, I could not get the pre heat to work, so the After Sales manager visited my house and re configured things. The following day still problems. Kia queried if I was using the KIA cable, my charger has a tethered cable so no. I revisted the dealership on the Wednesday 10th the dealer saw that preheat only came on when the cable was plugged in AND the car was charging. A case was logged with KIA.
I was still having problems, it was suggested I delete Connect and try UVO. still no better things just did not work with the app.
I went onto App Store and left a one star review. I was contacted byNick, a developer and asked to fill out a form listing all the problems. this I did. Nick came up with various solutions, delete all the app, reconfigure the car then download connect again.
Before i downloaded the app, I checked the charging it was working as it should. once the app was connected the car went to immediate charge again. the app had changed a setting, I reconfigured this on the car.
In all this time the Remote Climate Control has never worked as it should. I get a message saying it has started then seconds later an alarm saying the car is not plugged in!!
When I do get it to work HRW Mirrors and steering wheel heat up but cabin stays cold. Nick is now on annual leave, he has referred me to a colleague, but gave no email address so I am no longer in contact with App people.
When I drive the car the heating to floor level rarely works so my feet are cold!
there are problems with the app, The heating, also I don!t know how the front parking sensors switch on!

this is NOT good for KIA!s reputation, I am getting pissed off. I never had any problems like this on my MINI PHEV which cost £15K less than the EV6!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
When I collected my car on Thursday 4th November, I was told to log on to KIA Connect. I did this, the sales guy configured the various settings and the car started scheduled charging as it should that evening.
I did not go very far in the next few days but I was unable to get the car to charge using scheduled charging. The car wanted to charge as soon as it was plugged in. I visited the dealership on Sunday and the app was deleted and re downloaded to my car all seemed to be OK.
Again I had problems, I could not get the pre heat to work, so the After Sales manager visited my house and re configured things. The following day still problems. Kia queried if I was using the KIA cable, my charger has a tethered cable so no. I revisted the dealership on the Wednesday 10th the dealer saw that preheat only came on when the cable was plugged in AND the car was charging. A case was logged with KIA.
I was still having problems, it was suggested I delete Connect and try UVO. still no better things just did not work with the app.
I went onto App Store and left a one star review. I was contacted byNick, a developer and asked to fill out a form listing all the problems. this I did. Nick came up with various solutions, delete all the app, reconfigure the car then download connect again.
Before i downloaded the app, I checked the charging it was working as it should. once the app was connected the car went to immediate charge again. the app had changed a setting, I reconfigured this on the car.
In all this time the Remote Climate Control has never worked as it should. I get a message saying it has started then seconds later an alarm saying the car is not plugged in!!
When I do get it to work HRW Mirrors and steering wheel heat up but cabin stays cold. Nick is now on annual leave, he has referred me to a colleague, but gave no email address so I am no longer in contact with App people.
When I drive the car the heating to floor level rarely works so my feet are cold!
there are problems with the app, The heating, also I don!t know how the front parking sensors switch on!

this is NOT good for KIA!s reputation, I am getting pissed off. I never had any problems like this on my MINI PHEV which cost £15K less than the EV6!!
Gordon, we share your pain! Lots of us are having similar problems. It seems most likely it's a car fault or faults rather than the app. See other related threads. Several of us have written to Paul Philpott, Kia UK CEO so they do know about it. I'm going to shake the tree again next week in the hope that something better falls out.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

I agree... it's pants... Yes, there are some issues which might be App related and some which are not. I am scheduling my charge from my Hypervolt and I leave the car accepting charge up to 80%. This has worked every time. So you can either have the charger trying to charge all the time or the car accepting a charge all the time. I prefer the latter as it makes charging on the road easier. You should avoid trying to get the timing right if you have both set to schedule. That will never work as one will try very slightly off time and it will fail. So only schedule from one side.

The remote climate does not include the PCT/Inductive Heater (HEAT Button) which is bonkers. There will never be spare heat in the battery first thing in the morning unless for have just finished a large charge, maybe. So this make the remote climate next to useless. Also, some cars seem to have faulty PCT/Inductive Heaters as at least one has reported error codes which their dealer has found. If your heater is intermittent it probably means you are only getting spare heat from the battery and motors. There is talk of a hardware update to the heater.

I can direct the heat to my feet in the climate control. If you can't this might be another fault.

The App is very poor and needs updating. The Infotainment update has helped the App. a little. I get less issues with km/miles but I still get very out of date data. For example; the app indicated that I hadn't charged this morning, until I forced an update by refreshing, then force closed the app and reopened it. This is just poor coding.

I'd quite like Nick's email address so I can share feedback when he's back from holiday. Was he based in germany?

The Scheduled Charge issue might be an issue with your wall charger or might be with the Kia. They need to talk to each other to allow a charge. Kia should be able to check in the Log files to see why the charge failed. Even if it worked with another car it might be a communication issue but they should be able to see why it failed.

I hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I agree... it's pants... Yes, there are some issues which might be App related and some which are not. I am scheduling my charge from my Hypervolt and I leave the car accepting charge up to 80%. This has worked every time. So you can either have the charger trying to charge all the time or the car accepting a charge all the time. I prefer the latter as it makes charging on the road easier. You should avoid trying to get the timing right if you have both set to schedule. That will never work as one will try very slightly off time and it will fail. So only schedule from one side.

The remote climate does not include the PCT/Inductive Heater (HEAT Button) which is bonkers. There will never be spare heat in the battery first thing in the morning unless for have just finished a large charge, maybe. So this make the remote climate next to useless. Also, some cars seem to have faulty PCT/Inductive Heaters as at least one has reported error codes which their dealer has found. If your heater is intermittent it probably means you are only getting spare heat from the battery and motors. There is talk of a hardware update to the heater.

I can direct the heat to my feet in the climate control. If you can't this might be another fault.

The App is very poor and needs updating. The Infotainment update has helped the App. a little. I get less issues with km/miles but I still get very out of date data. For example; the app indicated that I hadn't charged this morning, until I forced an update by refreshing, then force closed the app and reopened it. This is just poor coding.

I'd quite like Nick's email address so I can share feedback when he's back from holiday. Was he based in germany?

The Scheduled Charge issue might be an issue with your wall charger or might be with the Kia. They need to talk to each other to allow a charge. Kia should be able to check in the Log files to see why the charge failed. Even if it worked with another car it might be a communication issue but they should be able to see why it failed.

Is the App meant for all Kia cars, and do all these cars have the same ways of heating?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Gordon, we share your pain! Lots of us are having similar problems. It seems most likely it's a car fault or faults rather than the app. See other related threads. Several of us have written to Paul Philpott, Kia UK CEO so they do know about it. I'm going to shake the tree again next week in the hope that something better falls out.
I have seen Paul Philpott's email on one of the forums but can't remember which one. can you oblige with his email address please?

·
Registered
75 Posts

The address I have for Nick is
Support <[email protected]>
however he is currently on holiday, he has referred me to Carl Johnstone but did not give Carl's email address, so if you send anything to Nick, expect an auto out of office message until he returns to work.

·
Super Moderator
75 Posts
I had this,

Thank you for emailing Paul Philpott, our President and CEO. He has asked me to respond on his behalf, but please be assured he's aware of your case.

We are aware that some EV6 owners are experiencing heater function concerns. Our engineers are currently working on this, and our dealer network will be provided with the necessary information as soon as possible. We are confident, however, that this issue will be resolved by the time your vehicle is built and delivered to you.

We are not aware of any range issues with EV6, however as I'm sure you'll be aware that using the heating, heated seats etc will all impact a vehicle's range and at this time of year a lower range is to be expected with the cold weather.

The main benefits of a heat pump are realised during periods of cold weather and in countries with colder climates. We are also not aware of any heat pump issues.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts