Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this on an ID.4 forum yesterday - Tesla upped the price of their lowest Model 3s and now there are no Tesla models that qualify for federal rebates under the iZEV program.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Circle

Additionally:
Font Circle Handwriting Rectangle Art

$48M at $5k per BEV is just shy of 10,000 cars, but remember that PHEVs also qualify. In addition to the fact these funds may likely be exhausted before the EV6s start arriving in "Spring 2022," the program is slated to end 2022-03-31. The Liberals did promise to increase the iZEV funding, but I haven't seen any action around that yet.

I still doubt the GT-Line will qualify, but maybe it'll have a base MSRP low enough and "Package 2" gets it "optioned" to the price Kia wants to charge. We'll see... if they ever publish the dang pricing!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I saw this on an ID.4 forum yesterday - Tesla upped the price of their lowest Model 3s and now there are no Tesla models that qualify for federal rebates under the iZEV program.

View attachment 947

Additionally:
View attachment 948

$48M at $5k per BEV is just shy of 10,000 cars, but remember that PHEVs also qualify. In addition to the fact these funds may likely be exhausted before the EV6s start arriving in "Spring 2022," the program is slated to end 2022-03-31. The Liberals did promise to increase the iZEV funding, but I haven't seen any action around that yet.

I still doubt the GT-Line will qualify, but maybe it'll have a base MSRP low enough and "Package 2" gets it "optioned" to the price Kia wants to charge. We'll see... if they ever publish the dang pricing!
The Ionic 5 is now on the list. The preferred AWD Long Range starts at $52,114 the Ultimate package. adds another 8k. This follows the route that the id4 took with their 8k statement package. I would hope Kia would follow Hyundai's lead. I just wonder what they are waiting for,
2022HyundaiIONIQ 5Essential
Preferred
Preferred Long Range
Preferred AWD Long Range
BEV

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interestingly, I was speaking with Hyundai today. The Preferred AWD Long Range "Ultimate Package" was not allowed to be included in iZEV because they deemed it "not a package" because it wasn't available on other trim levels. If the same package was available as an add-on to, say, the RWD version then all of the available trims/options would've been covered by iZEV.

Bear in mind this was a salesperson, and I find a lot of car salespeople tend to make stuff up when they don't know the answer. This person offered this information without being asked, which makes it more likely to be true in my experience.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Sure hope he is wrong. I specifically asked my sales guy to check with management before I changed my trim level a few weeks back when the ordering started. They said it would definitely qualify.
If I can't get the Ultimate trim with iZev I will be quite pissed because I dropped down quite a few places in the order line to upgrade to the AWD Ultimate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts