Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking forward to info. exchanges as things progress:
I had a 90-minute test drive of Kia EV6 GT-Line S RWD (single motor) on 10th October near my home in Fife, Scotland.
First impressions were very good with wide screen dash and pretty good seat adjustment like my I-Pace HSE electric adjust. Seats were suede style finish with artificial leather white edge trims. Not quite as relaxed feeling as with my Jag and no extension under knee area but otherwise quite comfortable and felt they would be good for distance stuff. Driving was mixed motorway and country roads. Liked the wheel mounted "mode" buttons rather than having to locate the "dynamic" button on centre console in Jag. Very impressed with the dash blind spot camera view when left or right indicators were switched on. Head up display was pretty good but felt not quite as good as Jag in that could feel slight eye focus correction in moving between dash or ahead view. Handling was good but not quite as sharp a turn in as in Jag. Had to turn wheel a wee bit more than expected to cut the overrun in first sharp bend! Fine once aware. Suspension also slightly harsher (against Jag "Air" suspension of course) over poor road surface, fine on M'way. Acceleration and braking were smooth and progressive but of course not quite comparable with RWD only version driven. Shouldn't be too far off with AWD version though according to claimed stats (5.2s 0 - 62mph). Wireless phone charging tray in centre rest was also welcome. The mapping display on 12.2 in. screen was slightly smaller scale than I am used to and apparently only updates at annual dealer visit at present but announced recently that service period is 2 years and told that SOTA in development? Quite a lot of learning will be required to get full benefit from layouts available I think, so not long enough to properly form opinions. On switching off could see that touch screen would need a polishing cloth to be kept handy though!
Not what I expected as "Panoramic” roof but happy with opening standard fit (over front seats) sunroof with electric blind and opening.
The full GT model will only be available late next year but suffice to say that I was convinced enough to order an AWD GT-Line S model with heat pump after the test. Advised that any orders placed in October (as opposed to pre-order launch sold out) will be scheduled in January factory run for UK delivery in March 22. Decided to sell my I-Pace HSE now and chance anticipated Kia March delivery date confirmation, expected January when build slot matched to order. As retired, SWMBO will lend her car at times needed! The chosen Kia dealer does not have Jaguar outlet and was quite open in advising that a direct sale from me to a Jaguar dealer. should be quite an improvement on the CAP trade price level even with a little enhancement, that he could offer. My own local supplying Jag dealer offered same as could be offered by Kia dealer and WBAC so not a lot of thought required to accept an increase of £3.5K from “Webuysupercars”. Replacing the Jag apparently entails at least 6 months wait and a lot more cash to go for a new HSE.
The Kia EV6 at offers comparable (or at least "good") handling, comfort, equipment, apparent build quality and dare I say style?
It's not a Jag but given the differences I'm happy to try EV6 for another 3 probable and up to 7 available years of warranty covered motoring with hopefully a happier support experience with software or any other problems should they arise.

Reactions: jongodfrey

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,977 Posts
Welcome to the forum, having had a Jag in the past with a Fpace I am sure like me you can not wait for your car to arrive.

I have been awaiting already over 6 months for mine and its the same model as yours and not in the troubled Grey colour either so I think your dealer maybe a little optimistic with a March delivery for an order in October, I have been told mine will be a Jan / Feb delivery which will be 8-9 months if Feb.

If you have the same wait time period it would be May for you.

Fingers crossed for you and your delivery date.

(y)

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi JK,
Thank you for welcome.
When I ordered in October the dealer was up front that all stock forward from Kia was sold mainly against pre-orders. He was then awaiting a demo car which arrived in early November but he was only dealer of 3 in my area to get one. One of the others got a car 3 weeks later but haven't heard from the nearest one who had promised to call me when theirs arrived.
He then showed me his screen and said that any AWD cars ordered from his group in October would not be built until January meaning a March delivery to UK. Promises that he will update as soon as he is advised of my ordered (hopefully) January "build slot". As you say fingers, toes and anything else available well crossed!
It was also said that dealers could not order any "stock" cars but only against list price firm orders. However he could offer a RWD model for supply in about 3 weeks as being from a cancellation,
which I might regret having declined if your May estimate turns out to be the case :(

·
Super Moderator
1,977 Posts
Interesting that dealers say different things as mine said any cancelled ordered could not be allocated to another customer jumping then que.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Interesting that dealers say different things as mine said any cancelled ordered could not be allocated to another customer jumping then que.
I can understand that but surely the dealer can re-allocate a car that he already has in stock at another branch if sale falls through? Mine had to have it as he showed me details of the car which would have to be transferred from the other branch.

·
Super Moderator
1,977 Posts
I can understand that but surely the dealer can re-allocate a car that he already has in stock at another branch if sale falls through? Mine had to have it as he showed me details of the car which would have to be transferred from the other branch.
Dealers should not have any stock from new so told as Kia is only supplying customer orders so dealers should not have any stock of new cars.

Kia did this years ago to stop big dealers reserving all stock at the expense of there smaller dealers and to make it a level playing field.

2nd hand cars is different matter.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perhaps I wasn't clear, the only reason I was offered the car mentioned was because the original buyer did not complete the purchase after car had arrived at selling branch, at least that was what I was told. So being a white RWD GT Line S (but no heat pump) I was given a very short opportunity to take it as just coming up in his screen and at least being close to my requested spec.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had a 90-minute test drive of Kia EV6 GT-Line S RWD (single motor) on 10th October near my home in Fife, Scotland.
First impressions were very good with wide screen dash and pretty good seat adjustment like my I-Pace HSE electric adjust. Seats were suede style finish with artificial leather white edge trims. Not quite as relaxed feeling as with my Jag and no extension under knee area but otherwise quite comfortable and felt they would be good for distance stuff. Driving was mixed motorway and country roads. Liked the wheel mounted "mode" buttons rather than having to locate the "dynamic" button on centre console in Jag. Very impressed with the dash blind spot camera view when left or right indicators were switched on. Head up display was pretty good but felt not quite as good as Jag in that could feel slight eye focus correction in moving between dash or ahead view. Handling was good but not quite as sharp a turn in as in Jag. Had to turn wheel a wee bit more than expected to cut the overrun in first sharp bend! Fine once aware. Suspension also slightly harsher (against Jag "Air" suspension of course) over poor road surface, fine on M'way. Acceleration and braking were smooth and progressive but of course not quite comparable with RWD only version driven. Shouldn't be too far off with AWD version though according to claimed stats (5.2s 0 - 62mph). Wireless phone charging tray in centre rest was also welcome. The mapping display on 12.2 in. screen was slightly smaller scale than I am used to and apparently only updates at annual dealer visit at present but announced recently that service period is 2 years and told that SOTA in development? Quite a lot of learning will be required to get full benefit from layouts available I think, so not long enough to properly form opinions. On switching off could see that touch screen would need a polishing cloth to be kept handy though!
Not what I expected as "Panoramic” roof but happy with opening standard fit (over front seats) sunroof with electric blind and opening.
The full GT model will only be available late next year but suffice to say that I was convinced enough to order an AWD GT-Line S model with heat pump after the test. Advised that any orders placed in October (as opposed to pre-order launch sold out) will be scheduled in January factory run for UK delivery in March 22. Decided to sell my I-Pace HSE now and chance anticipated Kia March delivery date confirmation, expected January when build slot matched to order. As retired, SWMBO will lend her car at times needed! The chosen Kia dealer does not have Jaguar outlet and was quite open in advising that a direct sale from me to a Jaguar dealer. should be quite an improvement on the CAP trade price level even with a little enhancement, that he could offer. My own local supplying Jag dealer offered same as could be offered by Kia dealer and WBAC so not a lot of thought required to accept an increase of £3.5K from “Webuysupercars”. Replacing the Jag apparently entails at least 6 months wait and a lot more cash to go for a new HSE.
The Kia EV6 at offers comparable (or at least "good") handling, comfort, equipment, apparent build quality and dare I say style?
It's not a Jag but given the differences I'm happy to try EV6 for another 3 probable and up to 7 available years of warranty covered motoring with hopefully a happier support experience with software or any other problems should they arise.
Nice write-up. Your findings and comparisons match up very well with my own following my EV6 test drive recently.
Yes, it's not an I-Pace, but then nothing else is (not even the MB or the Audi EV's come close IMO), but at c.£60k versus £86k (for an I-Pace specced something close to my First Edition) the EV6 comes pretty close and leaves a big chunk of change in your pocket.

·
Super Moderator
1,977 Posts
Perhaps I wasn't clear, the only reason I was offered the car mentioned was because the original buyer did not complete the purchase after car had arrived at selling branch, at least that was what I was told. So being a white RWD GT Line S (but no heat pump) I was given a very short opportunity to take it as just coming up in his screen and at least being close to my requested spec.
(y)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Hi Roy.

I too am J to K (iPace to EV6).

I recognise much of what you say. I pick up my GT S Line AWD tomorrow and while the Jag is a great car (early problems aside), I don't think it will feel like a downgrade.

A couple of reviewers have clocked 0 - 60 at 4.8 seconds...

After a bit of thought I decided not to specify a heat pump. Kia say it will save up to 19% of a drop in range caused by cold weather. So if your range drops 40 miles due to cold weather, you will save up to 7.6 miles. A bit marginal for my liking.

·
Super Moderator
1,977 Posts
Hi Roy.

I recognise much of what you say. I pick up my GT S Line AWD tomorrow and while the Jag is a great car (early problems aside), I don't think it will feel like a downgrade.

After a bit of thought I decided not to specify a heat pump. Kia say it will save up to 19% of a drop in range caused by cold weather. So if your range drops 40 miles due to cold weather, you will save up to 7.6 miles. A bit marginal for my liking.
Great to hear your collecting yours, can I ask when you placed your order?

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Roy.

Hi A,
Hope you have a fantastic day when you meet your new Kia :) Possibly you are a bit further South than I am in Fife, or alternatively my ancient blood is a bit thinner so I have gone for the heat pump. Hope the rumoured delays in Korean heat pumps will have been sorted by January factory schedule that I have. Look forward to hearing how it goes when you feel it's time for a break :)

·
Registered
840 Posts
Did you order from Kia Dunfermline?. I Ordered GT Line in white with Heat Pump, delivery in a few weeks, end Dec, they gave me a PCP offer I couldn’t refuse and a part ex price for my A4. Good write up BTW. I’m coming from Audi, A1 in 2014, then 2107 A4 Saloon, 2020 A4 Avant. And was not impressed with their service, and really the whole Audi thing now. I’m over it… the Q4 ETRON Edition one plastic jeep thing I test drive was slower, shorter range, for the same price as EV6 and for their longer range version the prices get silly :) I went with Kia in the end. Much better to drive, hands down much better looking, best EV styling I’ve seen. .

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you order from Kia Dunfermline?. I Ordered GT Line in white with Heat Pump, delivery in a few weeks, end Dec, they gave me a PCP offer I couldn’t refuse over 4 years and a part ex price for my A4 some thousands above what outstanding finance was (used car prices are crazy just now) their offer was even higher than what Audi wanted to give me. Good write up BTW. I’m coming from Audi, A1 in 2014, then 2107 A4 Saloon, 2020 A4 Avant. And was not impressed with their service, and really the whole Audi thing now. I’m over it… the Q4 ETRON Edition one plastic jeep thing I test drive was slower, shorter range, for the same price as EV6 and for their longer range version the prices get silly :) I went with Kia in the end. Much better to drive, hands down much better looking, best EV styling I’ve seen. .
Hi LogicPro8,
I'm in Dunfermline and made 3 phone requests to F&T Kia to register interest and request a test drive when they had a demo car. This was expected early November but still haven't had a call back. AC Kirkcaldy Kia got a demo car in October, gave me a decent test drive to Dunfermline to check garage fit and got my order! When did you place your order for the expected December delivery? I guess you have had confirmation of the build slot and expected UK arrival date now?
Regards,
Roy

Reactions: Logicpro8

·
Registered
840 Posts
Hi LogicPro8,
I'm in Dunfermline and made 3 phone requests to F&T Kia to register interest and request a test drive when they had a demo car. This was expected early November but still haven't had a call back. AC Kirkcaldy Kia got a demo car in October, gave me a decent test drive to Dunfermline to check garage fit and got my order! When did you place your order for the expected December delivery? I guess you have had confirmation of the build slot and expected UK arrival date now?
Regards,
Roy
Yeah, that’s a shame on the Kia experience, sorry to hear that, they were on the ball when I went in. 3 people were waiting to test drive it I think, all holding EV6 books awaiting to be booked in to drive it. We are going to be the only people in town with EV6's though! :) for now anyway. They had a Black GT Line S RWD by the time I got the idea of going for an EV. I popped in one day to see it, test drove it for a while around town to the big ASDA and then Argos area and back again, then took a few days to think about it. They had a white GT Line RWD with no heat pump I was going to order but by the time I got back to them it was sold on the Kia system, if you're not fast your last, they then called the day after and sourced a GT Line RWD in white with heat pump however it was £900 move expensive of course, they then took a £500 deposit late October with delivery due 22nd December they say. Even today it is still 22nd December. On a boat headed for the UK they tell me. I have been told I may not get the car until Christmas Eve or first week in January though. I will be lucky to get it on Christmas Eve if the date sticks for delivery.
I tried AC where you ordered your car from however they couldn't give me PCP over 4 years and their part ex price wasn't very good, and told me the interest rates were going up to 6.9% from 4.9%....which put me off. Kia Dunfermline we're 4.9% still, anyway, the car I ordered was floating around in the Kia system I think with no allocation. Build already and shipped, maybe a cancellation?, GT Line S cars are all sold I was told, along with all RWD versions in all colours apart from white cars in GT Line RWD...not sure if that's true or not and the next batch of built cars will ship in January with March delivery. If my date slips to February or something I am tempted to cancel white and wait for a blue version in March.. I am a white car man.. but blue is just awesome on the EV6. Long wait though till March, had a similar blue colour car before, looked nice for a year or so then swirl marks..... very annoying. Kia's have a soft paint profile unlike German brands so maybe it's best I get white to save disappointments in visible scratches. White hides them better.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the update, I believe I'm still in the "January build/March delivery" batch, I was offered a delivery this month of a white Gt Line S RWD but no heat pump. Guess I have got used to AWD comfort in winter so did not take that chance. AC didn't even try to offer a real value on my I-Pace but told me I'd be better off selling to Jaguar. Not true in this area, as I found out but decided to sell in present heated no chip market through a broker. Heigh Ho, time will tell :)
AC did say that if the car came in February they would be happy to hold it until March to get the 22 plate registration.

Reactions: Logicpro8

·
Registered
840 Posts
Awesome, better with AWD really. Although my past Audis have been until my most recent A4 Avant and in winter it’s great, even in snow. Hope RWD EV6 is as good. Couldn’t justify the price of the AWD GT Line S for now. The options extras over GT Lone are nice but in the experience of having most of them before it didn’t really feel like £4500 worth this time around. Shame about AC not giving good equity on the IPace. Haven’t found AC to be very good at part-ex in the past anyway. Let’s hope for your March delivery!. I hope mine is not pushed back from December if it is, well that’s ok. I’m sure it’ll be worth the wait regardless.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.