Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 GT Line S AWD with HP in White (waiting for it).
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, 1st post.

2 days ago, took out the demo EV6 from my local dealer.
Yesterday went back and placed and order for a GTLS AWD in Matt Grey with a heat pump.

Been told delivery in around 20 weeks, so end of June(ish).

·
Registered
364 Posts
Congrats! 20 weeks is plenty time to get reading about your can and learn for other users who discuss the complex topic of.... the EV6 in Matte Grey. In all honesty its a great car, you will love it! especially in AWD.. in the snow somewhere where there is nothing to crash into...with traction control and brakes in sport mode (kidding, do not do this with your new car!!). More on Matte here Matte Paint and in other places.. The countdown is on!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The matte paint is playing on my mind. I nearly called the dealer this morning to change the order to red.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the Matte paint is playing on my mind.
I nearly called the dealer this morning to change the order to red.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don't know why, it seems to be with everyone, I have had matte paint and matte vinyl wraps never had a problem, if always washed by yourself, with pH neural shampoo and dryer with microfibre cloth, you can now even get ceramic coating made for matte paint, to protect it form the dirt, tar marks and bird dropping making it much easier to clean with a layer of protectio, or one step further get it film wrapped

·
Registered
65 Posts
I also have a matte grey GTLine S on order and been having the odd nervous half hour, however I went to visit my local Gtechniq detailer this morning to discuss options. He confirmed that no ceramic coatings will protect against stone chips (wrapping the only solution ) but they do help to keep the car clean with strong hydrophobic properties. He suggested a pro application of either Crystal Serum Light or EXO from the Gtechniq range and then went on to suggest using their C2V3 after washing, he thinks that C2V3 used every 2-3 months would be a good solution without going to the expense of a professional ceramic coat. Once (if) my car arrives I may go and see him again to try a little on an inconspicuous part. The official pamphlet states "C2 provides repellency without adding gloss".
The most important piece of advice is to avoid any of the car shampoos that add wax.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have actually bottled it and changed my order.
Main reason being, i work overseas and im away 6 weeks at a time, and will be too much hassle for my wife, who is not that interested in car cleaning on a methodical level.

So, matte cancelled in favour of a white one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts