Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have a problem with the "keep hands on steering wheel" warning activated when NOT using HDA mode and when you do have your hands on the steering wheel? It happens to me all the time. Here's a quick 2 second video showing the warning.

·
Registered
33 Posts
That happens to me sometimes. It looks for a torque input from you now and then. On a straight stretch of road, that's not always necessary and the warning comes up. It seems to be a little over (under?) sensitive.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT Line AWD Runway Red
56 Posts
I feel like it got even more sensitive after my latest software updates. Got the radio and A/C updates Tuesday and I swear it yells at me every few minutes. I do have lane keep and centering on a lot of the time. I also drive around with my hand on the bottom of the steering wheel most of the time.

·
Registered
Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD in Aurora Black Pearl
37 Posts
I too feel that this alert is a bit too sensitive on straight roads. A brief touch resets it.

@Kia ... perhaps lighten up on this?

·
Registered
22 Posts
If my hands are on the bottom of the wheel, sometimes it'll come on. Sometimes when it's on the side even, but not too much. As others have said, a slight tug at the wheel and it goes away and doesn't seem to come back for awhile.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts