Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2022 EV6 Wind RWD
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just finished my trip home, and my car told me I averaged 4.8 miles/kwh when I turned it off. But the my trips app says I used 2.96 total kW total in 16.15 miles, which is 5.45 miles/kWh.

Has anyone else noticed a discrepancy between the two? And any thoughts on which is most likely right?

·
Registered
246 Posts
So I just finished my trip home, and my car told me I averaged 4.8 miles/kwh when I turned it off. But the my trips app says I used 2.96 total kW total in 16.15 miles, which is 5.45 miles/kWh.

Has anyone else noticed a discrepancy between the two? And any thoughts on which is most likely right?
Yeah I had a thread about this a couple of weeks ago and I don’t think there was any consensus but I would like to know as well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi Ral-eightV6: Have you tried to update the app by tapping the circular arrows to the right of 'Updated: xxxx' under 'My EV6'? You may have been looking at the previous data point.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Hi Ral-eightV6: Have you tried to update the app by tapping the circular arrows to the right of 'Updated: xxxx' under 'My EV6'? You may have been looking at the previous data point.
I have observed this discrepancy several times myself after updating. In fact I don’t think it’s ever matched what the instrument panel said

·
Registered
2022 EV6 Wind RWD
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hadn’t tried that, but I went back to double check after reading your message and indeed got the same thing. I was looking at the updated info yesterday immediately after my drive. The app data seem especially specific being reported in units down to a single Watt. So strange for that to be incorrect. But maybe it isn’t measuring something that the car is?

Dohsma, when you have checked, does the app always read as a trip being more efficient than the car reports?

·
Registered
246 Posts
I hadn’t tried that, but I went back to double check after reading your message and indeed got the same thing. I was looking at the updated info yesterday immediately after my drive. The app data seem especially specific being reported in units down to a single Watt. So strange for that to be incorrect. But maybe it isn’t measuring something that the car is?

Dohsma, when you have checked, does the app always read as a trip being more efficient than the car reports?
Yes the app always reads as more efficient than in car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just checked my app and it said 'Updated yesterday 22:49'. Then I tapped 'Update now' and my estimated range dropped to '0ft' although the SoC is still at 66%! :LOL:
I think the App is to be used with a hefty grain of salt and needs some further development work!

·
Registered
246 Posts
I just checked my app and it said 'Updated yesterday 22:49'. Then I tapped 'Update now' and my estimated range dropped to '0ft' although the SoC is still at 66%! :LOL:
I think the App is to be used with a hefty grain of salt and needs some further development work!
Yeah that happens to me all the time. Refresh again and you're range should be back. I use the app all the time because I'm a huge data nerd, but it is quasi-infuriating to see the discrepancies in the numbers and not knowing which to trust. I'm not going to file a lawsuit or return the car over it, just minor quibbles.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 Wind RWD
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, I got it figured out….. or at least someone else figured it out for me. I asked the dealer I bought my car from and got this reply:

“On the left side of the steering wheel you’ll have a button that looks like two pages. Then press that until you find the “vehicle info” tab. Then scroll up/down until you see the “after recharging” setting. there will be like “point a” “total trip”. “After recharging” is what u need it to be on so it’s lined up with your app”

I think when the car was reporting lower efficiency it wasn’t calculating regen….. just energy used. Now my car seems to be reporting the same number as the app.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts