Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tire Cloud Wheel Land vehicle Sky

Kia just showed off the U.S.-spec Niro EV and facelifted Telluride at the New York Auto Show, but what I'm most excited about was the one-liner at the end of the press event where they announced the production version of the EV9 SUV will start rolling off the line in the second half of next year (2023).

That feels like a long way off, but I bet it means that we won't have to wait very long until we see what the production prototypes actually look like.

I know it won't be cheap, but I expect the EV9 to dramatically undercut the Tesla Model X or Rivian R1S and I'm super excited to see a "more affordable" three-row EV!

·
Registered
17 Posts
View attachment 4697
Kia just showed off the U.S.-spec Niro EV and facelifted Telluride at the New York Auto Show, but what I'm most excited about was the one-liner at the end of the press event where they announced the production version of the EV9 SUV will start rolling off the line in the second half of next year (2023).

That feels like a long way off, but I bet it means that we won't have to wait very long until we see what the production prototypes actually look like.

I know it won't be cheap, but I expect the EV9 to dramatically undercut the Tesla Model X or Rivian R1S and I'm super excited to see a "more affordable" three-row EV!
according to the article I read, it will start 50k USD.
EV6 was 41K USD, so 9K extra? for us Canadians, it will be around 55k to begin with.
Wondering when will they open up the pre-order, might put myself into ev9 instead of ev6

edit, just found this article.
Kia says production EV9 coming to Canada in 2023 | Driving

·
Registered
988 Posts
according to the article I read, it will start 50k USD.
EV6 was 41K USD, so 9K extra? for us Canadians, it will be around 55k to begin with.
Wondering when will they open up the pre-order, might put myself into ev9 instead of ev6

edit, just found this article.
Kia says production EV9 coming to Canada in 2023 | Driving
They'll find a way to drop it to $59,995 to qualify for the recently updated iZEV rebates.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts