Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this on a Facebook Group. I'm at a Kia event tomorrow so will try to confirm.

Could be big news in the UK and EU where there would be no need for an Adapter. I bet it wouldn't be cheap mind you.

Font Screenshot Software Multimedia Electronic device

·
Registered
38 Posts
When you see them at the event, tell the bloke he's talking shit. Ask him why they are the only team that seem to know about this "big news" and ask him why, if Kia are doing an amazing deal with Telsa, did they decide to put the charge port in the wrong corner? Ask him if he's breaking any NDA's by giving this information and if not, where can we see this information on an official site from Kia.

I wish I could meet this team face to face and ask them stuff :ROFLMAO:
They need to be called out on it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I would bet that most of the people in this forum are already in that FB group. It was started by the admins of this forum, in an attempt to drive traffic to this site. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
EU directive, already implemented in some countries such as France bans closed manufacturer network, so Tesla has the legal obligation to open at least a couple of "pumps" per charging station to any car. Following that, Musk announced a year ago that Tesla was going to open its charging networks to others, starting by EU.

·
Registered
38 Posts
EU directive, already implemented in some countries such as France bans closed manufacturer network, so Tesla has the legal obligation to open at least a couple of "pumps" per charging station to any car. Following that, Musk announced a year ago that Tesla was going to open its charging networks to others, starting by EU.
Yep, we know all that. But this is Tesla and Musk and things don't always happen as expected. It may well happen one day, but who knows when? It's certainly not imminent like some people want it to be.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Are Superchargers even capable of high speed 800V charging or are they still 400V?

Shouldn't Kia/Hyundai along with Porsche/Audi.. push for 800V charger installation? I saw in Bjorn's Ioniq 5... all these Ionity 800V chargers. Are there any of those in the US at all? I doubt it.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Well, that wasn't the reaction I was expecting.... 🤣

It was probably a under informed and ignorant sales guy picking up on the Musk tweet and putting two and two together to make 22.
For some reason this topic does seem to receive a lot of opinions. The reality is that we do not know. I did not buy the EV6 on the basis that we would have access, but if it ends up that we do then this is an added bonus. The charge port being on the wrong side is an issue, but I have no idea how long the cable is on a Tesla charger and if it will reach over.

I have often wondered why charge port locations are not standardised, or placed on both sides. As it stands the Kia location suits LHD countries much more, and where I live I would have to park facing the traffic to access many of the chargers with short cables. Not a big issue, but not ideal either.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The charge port being on the wrong side is an issue, but I have no idea how long the cable is on a Tesla charger and if it will reach over.
It won't reach. The only way to use a SuC is to take up two bays and use the cable from "next door".

·
Registered
129 Posts
I can imagine how popular that would be 🤣 - I expect Tesla will exclude vehicles that cannot charge in the bay they are parked.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Kia people that I met at one of the dealer launches look puzzled and said they had not heard a thing about this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts