Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've been considering preordering an EV6 and have been in contact with my local dealer (who has called me at least twice a week this month). Today they told me that Kia Canada is closing EV6 preorders today and it's my last chance to put in an order... This sounds pretty suspect to me and more like a shady salesperson trying to hit their monthly target. Has anyone else heard this?

[EDIT] I called a different dealership in a nearby town and asked if I could preorder an EV6 and they said sorry no, they could put my name on a callback list but KIA stopped preorders for now.

Thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
So I've been considering preordering an EV6 and have been in contact with my local dealer (who has called me at least twice a week this month). Today they told me that Kia Canada is closing EV6 preorders today and it's my last chance to put in an order... This sounds pretty suspect to me and more like a shady salesperson trying to hit their monthly target. Has anyone else heard this?

[EDIT] I called a different dealership in a nearby town and asked if I could preorder an EV6 and they said sorry no, they could put my name on a callback list but KIA stopped preorders for now.

Thanks
Wonder if that’s for 2023 models….must be? I put my deposit down weeks ago and was told expect car by March-May 2023.

·
Registered
1 of 300 ON, GTA
66 Posts

Thanks
Hope you managed to get your order Ive seen in several article in the EV media that worldwide demand for the EV6 far exceeds original expectations, even in Korea itself. Kia Canada admitted they have been surprised by the demand here. So it wouldn"t suurprise me if production for 2022 is already over-sold.

if you didn"t get in an order at least get on a waiting list with Kia Canada. According to reports in this forum some Kia dealers were slow to enter orders last year.

I doubt if prices will increase, or not much due to all the EV competition that is coming soon. And if you can wait a 2023 might have some great features liken extended range and faster charging due to improvements in battery technology.

Also the hot 576HP EV6 GT is supposed to arrive late this year or early next. So I suspect Kia will find ways to ramp up production to try to meet demand for all versions. They have a winner and they will want to sell all they can before the competition starts to deliver.

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
716 Posts
Dang. I'm wondering now if I should've bought my second car pre-ordered and sold it "used" (computer glitch made it seem like my first order didn't go through but it did)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Also the hot 576HP EV6 GT is supposed to arrive late this year or early next. So I suspect Kia will find ways to ramp up production to try to meet demand for all versions. They have a winner and they will want to sell all they can before the competition starts to deliver.
It seems like Kia is leaving money on the table. I wonder what it'll take for Kia to realize they need another factory? The Telluride has been hard to get since its release. Nearly every Kia car is impossible/hard to get, even in early 2020. It would be great if they built a large plant in the US/Canada/Mexico to help with demand.

Now with 14 or so new EV vehicles planned, how are they going to produce those if they can't even produce enough of the current EV vehicles? I realize supply there are HUGE chain issues such as battery supply, chip supply, etc etc, but I hope they build another plant in North America soon to attempt to keep up with demand.

It seems the last plant opened in north America was in Mexico back in 2016 to produce about 300,000 cars annually. The George plant was opened 13 years back in 2009 and they produce about 340,000 vehicles. Even half of all those were just Tellurides, it would not be enough to keep up with demand.

Or...just greatly expand the current plans if the infrastructure around them can keep up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hope you managed to get your order Ive seen in several article in the EV media that worldwide demand for the EV6 far exceeds original expectations, even in Korea itself. Kia Canada admitted they have been surprised by the demand here. So it wouldn"t suurprise me if production for 2022 is already over-sold.

if you didn"t get in an order at least get on a waiting list with Kia Canada. According to reports in this forum some Kia dealers were slow to enter orders last year.

I doubt if prices will increase, or not much due to all the EV competition that is coming soon. And if you can wait a 2023 might have some great features liken extended range and faster charging due to improvements in battery technology.

Thankfully yeah, they have my $500 and said they'd get the order placed asap. The only changes I'm really hoping they have in place before I take delivery are just minor software things like pre-conditioning the battery pack when navigating to a charger (or even manually via a menu option) and wireless Android Auto.

·
Registered
6 Posts

Thanks
I heard the same from Brantford kia in ontario. they were charging markup so didn't place an order with them.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Thanks
I am in BC and got the same message from a dealership yesterday, that as of 6pm, pre-orders were closed. Managed to get mine in!

·
Registered
1 of 300 ON, GTA
66 Posts
It seems like Kia is leaving money on the table. I wonder what it'll take for Kia to realize they need another factory? The Telluride has been hard to get since its release. Nearly every Kia car is impossible/hard to get, even in early 2020. It would be great if they built a large plant in the US/Canada/Mexico to help with demand.
Great idea. A Kia plant in Canada would be excellent. We certainly have the space, energy, and skilled work force for it. I think Canada is on good terms with Korea. Both the federal and provincial governments should be looking into such an idea, if they aren't already. That would also help some to offset the Biden administration "buy american" activities.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got the same message yesterday. I actually had been planning on going in this week and placing a deposit, but ran out of time. The dealer took my order over the phone and $500 went through my card but I haven't received any paperwork from them. Do you get a "pre-order" confirmation with details? Anyone get any feedback on potential delivery dates? I've heard as much as 2 years! what is this madness!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got the same message yesterday. I actually had been planning on going in this week and placing a deposit, but ran out of time. The dealer took my order over the phone and $500 went through my card but I haven't received any paperwork from them. Do you get a "pre-order" confirmation with details? Anyone get any feedback on potential delivery dates? I've heard as much as 2 years! what is this madness!!
The only paperwork I've received was a receipt from the dealership for the deposit (placed at 4pm, before the 6pm cutoff on the 31st). No contract or even paperwork showing my trim & colour choices. I did see them scan an order form with that information, however.

I did get a verbal confirmation that the only additional fees would be the $2000 PDI, the $20 tire recycling fee, and the $100 air conditioning tax.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The only paperwork I've received was a receipt from the dealership for the deposit (placed at 4pm, before the 6pm cutoff on the 31st). No contract or even paperwork showing my trim & colour choices. I did see them scan an order form with that information, however.

I did get a verbal confirmation that the only additional fees would be the $2000 PDI, the $20 tire recycling fee, and the $100 air conditioning tax.
Odd. It was made very clear to me by my dealership, that because it’s going to be a 2023 model and they do not know the MSRP/interest rates, they cannot guarantee any pricing until the fall (when Kia will release the pricing for the 2023 models). Unless of course your dealership means msrp + the above fees (which better not follow what ford did in the last month. Same car/same specs is $14000 more than it was 6 weeks ago)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Odd. It was made very clear to me by my dealership, that because it’s going to be a 2023 model and they do not know the MSRP/interest rates, they cannot guarantee any pricing until the fall (when Kia will release the pricing for the 2023 models). Unless of course your dealership means msrp + the above fees (which better not follow what ford did in the last month. Same car/same specs is $14000 more than it was 6 weeks ago)
My dealership couldn't tell me if it'd be a 2022 or 2023 model, but confirmed it would be MSRP plus the $2120 in fixed fees, minus my $500 deposit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I confirm in Gatineau, Quebec as of April 1 Kia has stopped EV6 orders. Thanks GOD my order is valid.
Hi, I’m just curious, I ordered mine in March in Ottawa and was told delivery Q1 2023. I went to the Montreal Electric Car Show this weekend and found out orders from March have a delivery date of late 2023 to Q1 2024. Would you mind verifying with your dealer to see what they say? I checked with mine and he says the last time he checked it said late 2023 now it shows « undetermined » now. Brutal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi toe_cutter,

I was at the Aylmer dealer last Friday(22nd) because they have received a White GT-2 for a client and wanted to see it. I order mine in Feb/Mar 2022 and was told delivery 2023. Last Friday was told the same Q1 2023 for Feb order and later for March order.

I think they (dealer) don't know seem like KIA Canada did not order enough. I would like to know how many pre-order KIA Canada have to fill in for 2023.

It has been a fiasco see the begining first KIA was taking the Pre-Order they mess it up and pass the puck to the dealers which where doing a good job until KIA Canada shut down Pre-Order April 1st.

My Dealer confirm me that am in for one in 2023 for sure.

Now reading between the line of what the Dealer and KIA Canada said it looks like no one wants to make a statement.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number
Hi, I’m just curious, I ordered mine in March in Ottawa and was told delivery Q1 2023. I went to the Montreal Electric Car Show this weekend and found out orders from March have a delivery date of late 2023 to Q1 2024. Would you mind verifying with your dealer to see what they say? I checked with mine and he says the last time he checked it said late 2023 now it shows « undetermined » now. Brutal.

Found on Sorento forum.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts