Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

Registered
馃嚚馃嚘 EV6 | GT Line S [AWD]
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow Canadians 馃嚚馃嚘

Wanted to create a thread to share updates around the initial 200 units that was released this Friday Oct 22 (12 PM EST). I was thinking we could use this to share:
  • Updates & communications from our local dealers,
  • Experience around Kia Canada communications,
  • The acquisition experience (test drives, financing, vehicle pick up etc)
First and foremost I am curious what colours you guys picked?
For me it was

1. Snow White Pearl
  2. Grey Matte
  3. Blue

Registered
1. Snow White pearl
2. Yacht Blue

Was told by the dealer they were able to put an order for RWD unit for me. Pretty vague but I did ask for RWD GT line and was told yes. Communication at Kia west isn鈥檛 really the best sadly.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1. Snow White pearl
2. Yacht Blue

Was told by the dealer they were able to put an order for RWD unit for me. Pretty vague but I did ask for RWD GT line and was told yes. Communication at Kia west isn鈥檛 really the best sadly.
I've come not to trust Kia West.
To be honest - from my personal experience they are less knowledgable than the people on this forum, and I would be weary of their answers.
Reason being is that the pre-order website listed e-AWD as the option. Also remember the Stinger launch back in 2017/18 - us Canadians never got an RWD, and every Stinger was AWD. Now I could be wrong - but looking at their current SUV line up like the Telluride and Sportage, I think we'll most likely get the AWD versions of the EV6.

Here is the specs shared on pre-order page. Vague but something.
Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Photograph

Registered
But the media release said we will get not only RWD but also the 58kWh version.l which I wasn鈥檛 expecting.
I believe that will be equivalent to the UK Spec Air if I鈥檓 not mistaken. Went ahead and put a preorder today for the Ioniq 5 since the estimated deliveries are still around December/January both are awesome cars but whichever comes first lol kinda biased to the EV6 but we鈥檒l see how things pan out over the next few months

Registered
But the media release said we will get not only RWD but also the 58kWh version.l which I wasn鈥檛 expecting.
We are probably getting it so the they can sell a vehicle for under 45k in Canada and the lineup get the $5000 federal subsidy. If the lineup starts at 45,001... no discount even if under 55k. Look at Mach E
Meeting this compliance will help sell the vehicle across the country, not just in Quebec and BC

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1) Blue, 2) Grey, 3) Red
The 5K rebate ends in Mar 2022, isn't it? If so, even if it qualifies, we might not get it in time =/
You鈥檙e right - but the federal government may extend it again.
Either way - if Kia Canada is reading this - they need to hurry up because I鈥檓 sure they鈥檙e slowly losing sales to competitors who have clear delivery windows and more publicly available information. I鈥檝e been following the development of the EV6 for over 8 months - and am seriously considering just buying a model y.

Registered
1) Red, 2) White, 3)Blue

I'm told Kia Vancouver received 3 registrations.

I am a buyer but only if the 200 units are eligible for both Fed and BC rebates. Kia Canada please ensure this 馃檪. The VW ID4 AWD complies I believe even with the option of the statement package.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just received a nice email and phone call from my newly allocated dealer in Vernon BC confirming my pre-order reservation. They told me I was the only reservation they received.

I have to say it's only been a couple of days - and the experience has been far superior than what I experienced previously, when I pre-emptively put in a pre-order before the official process.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I am a buyer but only if the 200 units are eligible for both Fed and BC rebates.
I don't think a pre-defined quantity is a requirement of either the federal or BC incentive. But more so starting model MSRP.

Here is what I found on the federal side:
(Note: I'm also using this to keep notes + share with others)
---
Purchase and lease incentives
The iZEV Program offers point-of-sale incentives for consumers who buy or lease a ZEV vehicle. Only the vehicles listed on our website are eligible for an incentive when they're purchased or leased for at least 12 months, on or after the eligibility date.

Find which vehicles are eligible for an incentive, or a vehicle's eligibility date

Before including a car on the list of eligible vehicles, Transport Canada has reviewed an application from the automaker and has found that the vehicle meets the iZEV Program requirements. Namely, that the vehicle is:
  • a vehicle with six seats or less, where the base model Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) is less than $45,000; and
    • higher priced versions of these vehicles, up to a maximum MSRP of $55,000, will also be eligible for purchase incentives;
Types of incentives
There are two levels of incentives:
  • Battery-electric, hydrogen fuel cell, and longer range plug-in hybrid vehicles are eligible for up to $5,000
---
And then on the BC side:

Go Electric Passenger Vehicle Rebates

The CleanBC Go Electric light-duty vehicle rebate program is intended to make zero-emission vehicles (ZEVs) more affordable for British Columbians.
The program provides point-of-purchase rebates on eligible passenger vehicles of up to:
  • $3,000 for the purchase or lease of a new battery electric vehicle, hydrogen fuel cell vehicle, or longer-range plug-in hybrid electric vehicle.
Any ZEV with a manufacturer suggested retail price (MSRP) above $55,000 is not eligible for a vehicle rebate.
---

To me this means that if the base MSRP of the EV6 - is less than $45,000, we here in BC would at minimum qualify for the $3000 incentive.

Registered
The rules for Fed and BC programs around MSRP + vehicle options are confusing. If you play with Tesla's configurator, you see that the SR+ is eligible for Fed and BC, but the Long Range (is a different model) is eligible for neither.
My thinking... If our trim level is priced below $55K and then we are good. Options to the trim level (like paint colour, heat pump,++) could push this beyond $55K and still be eligible for both rebates. As said above, to get the federal rebate the <$45K model will have to be registered before we take delivery.

From: https://newcardealersgoelectric.ca/eligible-CleanBC-vehicles
Please Note: Effective June 22, 2019, vehicles with a MSRP of over $55,000 will not be considered eligible for the program. For the CleanBC Go Electric Vehicle Rebate Program purposes, optional accessories and other fees (such as destination, documentation, etc.) do not affect the vehicle's eligibility for the rebate. As long as the vehicle model and trim level are included in the list of eligible vehicles, and the trim level's MSRP is equal to or lower than $55,000, the vehicle is eligible.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The rules for Fed and BC programs around MSRP + vehicle options are confusing. If you play with Tesla's configurator, you see that the SR+ is eligible for Fed and BC, but the Long Range (is a different model) is eligible for neither.
My thinking... If our trim level is priced below $55K and then we are good. Options to the trim level (like paint colour, heat pump,++) could push this beyond $55K and still be eligible for both rebates. As said above, to get the federal rebate the <$45K model will have to be registered before we take delivery.

From: https://newcardealersgoelectric.ca/eligible-CleanBC-vehicles
Please Note: Effective June 22, 2019, vehicles with a MSRP of over $55,000 will not be considered eligible for the program. For the CleanBC Go Electric Vehicle Rebate Program purposes, optional accessories and other fees (such as destination, documentation, etc.) do not affect the vehicle's eligibility for the rebate. As long as the vehicle model and trim level are included in the list of eligible vehicles, and the trim level's MSRP is equal to or lower than $55,000, the vehicle is eligible.
I'm thinking they are highly likely going to be competing with the Mach E - anything above this baseline as a starting point is going to push buyers away. The Mach E in canada starts at $42K

Registered
That鈥檚 correct.
So if the base price of a base RWD EV6 is >$45k but less than $55k, it鈥檒l only qualify for the BC rebates (and QC too).

However, if the base price is below $45k, it鈥檒l additionally qualify for the federal rebate. All other trim levels below $55k will also qualify.

here鈥檚 where they play the trim vs package game. VW prices their Pro trims at $44,999 and $49,999 but the Statement Package is just that - w that costs $8,000. This means all VW ID.4s qualify even if one gets the ID.4 Pro AWD with Statement package at $58,000. Toyota does the same with the RAV4 Prime. The SE is priced below $45k, the XSE is $51k? And the XSE with Technology Package is $56k and all qualify for all rebates.

Now I noticed that the pre-order page said 鈥淕T-Line is a package), which means Kia Canada could price the EX RWD (58kWh) at $44,999, then the EX+ (77.4kWh) at $51,999 with EX+ AWD at $54,999. Then add the GT-Line as an appearance package for $4-5k (moonroof, AR HUD, suede seats and 20鈥 rims) on the EX+ AWD.

Registered
I'm thinking they are highly likely going to be competing with the Mach E - anything above this baseline as a starting point is going to push buyers away. The Mach E in canada starts at $42K
Really? The 2021 Mach-E starts at $50,425 for the Select trim level and it鈥檚 the only one that qualifies for the BC rebate. The Premium trim levels goes to $58k. Did Ford adjust pricing for 2022?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Really? The 2021 Mach-E starts at $50,425 for the Select trim level and it鈥檚 the only one that qualifies for the BC rebate. The Premium trim levels goes to $58k. Did Ford adjust pricing for 2022?
I was wrong - you are right.

Looked at the American site and spoke too soon!

1 - 20 of 98 Posts