Kia EV6 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 103 Posts

Registered
Hey fellow Canadians 馃嚚馃嚘

Wanted to create a thread to share updates around the initial 200 units that was released this Friday Oct 22 (12 PM EST). I was thinking we could use this to share:
  • Updates & communications from our local dealers,
  • Experience around Kia Canada communications,
  • The acquisition experience (test drives, financing, vehicle pick up etc)
First and foremost I am curious what colours you guys picked?
For me it was

1. Snow White Pearl
  2. Grey Matte
  3. Blue
blue, white, red

Registered
I have been nerding out on ev6 tech since registering. This new Spanish review has more in depth technical details on motors, charging and driving feel beyond the other reviews. Use auto-translate and enjoy....

Registered
Is there anyway to buy it in Canada and register in the US ? Those Prices are unbelievable
Remember to take into account the fact you won鈥檛 be able to redeem the tax credit (or tax rebate from the new bill).

Yeah you can always import vehicles both ways (mostly). We imported a ton of US vehicles (new and used) from 2007-2010 when the exchange rate was in our favour.

Registered
Remember to take into account the fact you won鈥檛 be able to redeem the tax credit (or tax rebate from the new bill).

Yeah you can always import vehicles both ways (mostly). We imported a ton of US vehicles (new and used) from 2007-2010 when the exchange rate was in our favour.
Dealers are sometimes banned from selling to non-residents though, especially for popular cars or in difficult markets. I tried to buy a new Corvette in 2014 at a couple US dealerships, and they told me if they sold me one, it would be the last Corvette they would be allowed to sell. Even the PT Cruiser was impacted - people were trying to buy them in Canada for export to the US and Chrysler came down hard on the practice.

Registered
Received fro Kia today. Still pretty vague about the delivery dates. Anybody see the booking confirmation from Stripe? I did not see one.

Thank you for reserving the first-ever Kia EV6. Limited vehicles were available for reservation, and now that we have received your $500 deposit, you鈥檙e officially among the lucky few Canadians who will own the first-ever Kia EV6.
You should have received a booking confirmation receipt email from Stripe. Please keep it safe as you might need it for any future communication with Kia. Don鈥檛 forget to check your spam folder.
Feeling charged up about receiving your EV6? Vehicles will be available for delivery starting spring 2022, with final delivery of vehicles taking up to 90 days*. Your contact information has been provided to your chosen Kia dealer 鈥 Kia West. A sales representative will reach out once your EV6 has been produced to make final arrangements ahead of delivery.

Registered
Received fro Kia today. Still pretty vague about the delivery dates. Anybody see the booking confirmation from Stripe? I did not see one.

Thank you for reserving the first-ever Kia EV6. Limited vehicles were available for reservation, and now that we have received your $500 deposit, you鈥檙e officially among the lucky few Canadians who will own the first-ever Kia EV6.
You should have received a booking confirmation receipt email from Stripe. Please keep it safe as you might need it for any future communication with Kia. Don鈥檛 forget to check your spam folder.
Feeling charged up about receiving your EV6? Vehicles will be available for delivery starting spring 2022, with final delivery of vehicles taking up to 90 days*. Your contact information has been provided to your chosen Kia dealer 鈥 Kia West. A sales representative will reach out once your EV6 has been produced to make final arrangements ahead of delivery.
just got the same email too

Registered
Yes, I got one. The sender was "Kia Canada" but it was a stripe.com email address. Make sure it's not in your spam folder, you're going to need the Receipt # if you make any changes or request a refund on your deposit.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

Registered
馃嚚馃嚘 EV6 | GT Line S [AWD]
Discussion Starter · #51 ·

just got the same email too
Yes, I got one. The sender was "Kia Canada" but it was a stripe.com email address. Make sure it's not in your spam folder, you're going to need the Receipt # if you make any changes or request a refund on your deposit.
View attachment 670

That's weird - I got the same email, but on October 27th - which is 5 days after the official reservation day [Oct 22].

Registered
Available means on select trims(I would assume the GT line) but there is also this on heat pumps.
For the Canadian market specifically, the EV6 will also come with an available heat pump system with waste heat recycling to help maintain the all-electric range event at low temperatures. First integrated into the Soul EV, this next-generation heat pump system on the EV6 uses not only the heat from the external air, but also the waste heat from a variety of other electronic vehicle components resulting in a larger capacity of recycling.
De plus, l鈥橢V6 offrira, pour le march茅 canadien sp茅cifiquement, une pompe 脿 chaleur optionnelle recyclant les pertes de chaleur, afin d鈥檃ider 脿 conserver l鈥檃utonomie 茅lectrique du v茅hicule 脿 basse temp茅rature.
Optional heatpump for Canada.

Registered
De plus, l鈥橢V6 offrira, pour le march茅 canadien sp茅cifiquement, une pompe 脿 chaleur optionnelle recyclant les pertes de chaleur, afin d鈥檃ider 脿 conserver l鈥檃utonomie 茅lectrique du v茅hicule 脿 basse temp茅rature.
Optional heatpump for Canada.
Je pense que toutes les mod猫les auront une pompe 脿 chaleur sauf la mod猫le avec la batterie du 58kWh capacit茅 et traction arri猫re.

Which I鈥檓 reading as the base RWD 58kWh version won鈥檛 have it but all other trims above will have the heat pump.

Registered
When I put down my $500 a lot of the graphics weren't loading on on site. I noticed today that some of you posted screenshots showing the initial 200 will get 20" rims. I really don't want to lose 40KM in range just for bigger rims. Anyone know if rim size might be optional on the initial shipment?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
I only got the confirmation email and nothing for reciept. Is this the same for those who got the dealer to order for them ie KIA West?
i would either check your spam/junk folder and look for a stripe email, or get in touch with Kia Canada to confirm definitively that you got a reservation in.

hopefully - just a glitch on their end for sending your a receipt.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
When I put down my $500 a lot of the graphics weren't loading on on site. I noticed today that some of you posted screenshots showing the initial 200 will get 20" rims. I really don't want to lose 40KM in range just for bigger rims. Anyone know if rim size might be optional on the initial shipment?
looking at the UK options -and the referencing the Ioniq 5 packages here in Canada - I think they will likely offer 3-4 models with varying options including rims sizes.

Registered
It charges so fast that the add'l range boost of the heat pump may not matter much :) At least not for those of us on the coast. ;)
I鈥檓 not sure. Even below 10掳C, we鈥檒l see benefits. I see the difference in kWh/100km between my Prius Prime with a vapour-injected heat pump vs. my colleague鈥檚 Model 3 without a heat pump.

I can get down to 10.5kWh/100km in the summer and 15kWh/100km in the rainy winter vs. his 12kWh/100km summer and 17kWh/100km winter. Both of us are judicious with heater use. (Temp set at 21.5掳C).

So I鈥檓 sold on the efficiency of heat pumps.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #60 · (Edited)
I鈥檓 not sure. Even below 10掳C, we鈥檒l see benefits. I see the difference in kWh/100km between my Prius Prime with a vapour-injected heat pump vs. my colleague鈥檚 Model 3 without a heat pump.

I can get down to 10.5kWh/100km in the summer and 15kWh/100km in the rainy winter vs. his 12kWh/100km summer and 17kWh/100km winter. Both of us are judicious with heater use. (Temp set at 21.5掳C).

So I鈥檓 sold on the efficiency of heat pumps.
From the European reviews coming out in the last couple of days - it sounds like the sweet spot for range is the RWD - 77.4 KWh with the 19inch rims. Although EPA estimates are not out yet - Kia America is quoting around 314 miles of range.

Asian Petrol Head over in Korea actually had a North American spec (confirmed due to the Amber side marker lights and + he saying so in his video) do about 531 KM in that same configuration. (video at 22:16 mark
)

Mind you there were three guys plus camera equipment onboard -during the entire trip, and they weren鈥檛 necessarily trying to hyper mile the car either (a number of sudden accelerations and some city driving in the video)

I think for those of us in the west coast - we should see at minimum 475 KM in the 77.4 kWh configuration.

personally will be going for the AWD - 20 inch rims, as I think the performance and looks are well worth the range trade off. But then again - this totally depends on each persons use case, commute and lifestyle.

41 - 60 of 103 Posts