Kia EV6 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 103 Posts

Registered
馃嚚馃嚘 EV6 | GT Line S [AWD]
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Just came across this video. Looks like we have one landed in Canada - possibly in Toronto (my comprehension of French is not well)

what鈥檚 interesting is I noticed in the video - this unit has the capacitive touch buttons vs the physical push buttons for the seat heaters/vents.

Registered
Just came across this video. Looks like we have one landed in Canada - possibly in Toronto (my comprehension of French is not well)

what鈥檚 interesting is I noticed in the video - this unit has the capacitive touch buttons vs the physical push buttons for the seat heaters/vents.

This is the same vehicle from July when Fefe Dobson performed.

Registered
There are two EV6 units in the video.
Clearly I stopped watching too soon. :D

Edit: so the red one has the white contrasting door panels - yay. It is missing the relaxation seat on the driver鈥檚 side aa he walks around. That鈥檚 expected (so I was surprised when that dealer PDF said it would come with it). I gusss they鈥檙e still finalizing specifications (or the red one is another pre-production vehicle).

Looks like a dealer meeting in Toronto showcasing upcoming Kia models.

Registered
Clearly I stopped watching too soon. :D

Edit: so the red one has the white contrasting door panels - yay. It is missing the relaxation seat on the driver鈥檚 side aa he walks around. That鈥檚 expected (so I was surprised when that dealer PDF said it would come with it). I gusss they鈥檙e still finalizing specifications (or the red one is another pre-production vehicle).

Looks like a dealer meeting in Toronto showcasing upcoming Kia models.
Good find! About a week and a half ago, someone from Kia Canada told me they were getting trained on the EV6 "in about 2 weeks." I wonder if maybe they're doing training for the corporate staff using these. Interesting, if they're pre-production, but not unheard of.

I'm impatiently awaiting pricing on the initial 200 GT-Lines...

Registered
Good find! About a week and a half ago, someone from Kia Canada told me they were getting trained on the EV6 "in about 2 weeks." I wonder if maybe they're doing training for the corporate staff using these. Interesting, if they're pre-production, but not unheard of.

I'm impatiently awaiting pricing on the initial 200 GT-Lines...
Same. The Ioniq 5 does make the EV6's price promising. I'm also curious as to what specs we get. (Relaxation seats? reclining rear seats? sequential indicators? multi-reflector or projector LED headlamps?)

Registered
Bumping this - anyone hear any news from their dealerships?

Radio silence for mine in the Okanagan. I know a number of the east coast + Quebec dealers were at the Toronto Metro Convention Centre (when we found that video last week)

@KiaevCan @robby-d @Lechon @Timmies @Comet302
nothing from Kia west, last I was told which I already knew was that they are expecting to deliver the first of the 200 orders early March. But considering we are a Port city (Vancouver) might be seething them much sooner. Middle to end of February.

Registered
Word from my dealer (Applewood) is that some got to see them in Toronto last week, were impressed. I spoke with someone at the Kia EVEC in Vancouver today and he straight up told me there were none in Canada. Under probing nobody from the EVEC nor Kia Downtown saw the ones in Toronto, but honestly most of these guys know anything and they'll speak in utter confidence even when they're flat out wrong. I wouldn't be surprised to learn Kia Downtown had people there and this guy didn't have a clue.

Unless they show you a doc, a screenshot, or a photo, never trust a dealer; we know more than they do.

Registered
Oh, I should add my dealer is good, they'll admit when they don't know anything. I'd certainly recommend them.

And I've heard more rumblings that pricing will be released before Dec. Two or three sources now, but I'd still call it highly speculative. I'm hopeful though.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
Word from my dealer (Applewood) is that some got to see them in Toronto last week, were impressed. I spoke with someone at the Kia EVEC in Vancouver today and he straight up told me there were none in Canada. Under probing nobody from the EVEC nor Kia Downtown saw the ones in Toronto, but honestly most of these guys know anything and they'll speak in utter confidence even when they're flat out wrong. I wouldn't be surprised to learn Kia Downtown had people there and this guy didn't have a clue.

Unless they show you a doc, a screenshot, or a photo, never trust a dealer; we know more than they do.
Thank you for sharing this buddy - appreciate it!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
nothing from Kia west, last I was told which I already knew was that they are expecting to deliver the first of the 200 orders early March. But considering we are a Port city (Vancouver) might be seething them much sooner. Middle to end of February.
Hoping for an early delivery as well!

I'm out in the Okanagan [Vernon Kia]

Registered
Here's a thought... with only 200 vehicles coming, what's the deal with winter tires? They seem to be stupid expensive on costco site and can't find any other vehicle with this stock size. Think it's going to be an issue? I'm going to talk to dealership about this when pricing comes out.

Registered
Here's a thought... with only 200 vehicles coming, what's the deal with winter tires? They seem to be stupid expensive on costco site and can't find any other vehicle with this stock size. Think it's going to be an issue? I'm going to talk to dealership about this when pricing comes out.
I鈥檓 wondering if we can fit the 235/55R19 size that the base model wears rather than the 255/45R20.

That seems a bit more common than the 20鈥 size.

Also, yes anything larger than 17鈥 tend to be pricier. 15鈥-17鈥 winter tires seem more reasonable.

That said, a colleague looking for 235/55R19 found a set of Blizzaks WS80 for around $1,100 which is quite a bit cheaper than the other brands.

Registered
Hoping for an early delivery as well!

I'm out in the Okanagan [Vernon Kia]
Funny - I got my Vette in Vernon. Everywhere down at the coast was crazy backordered but the GM dealer there had one that was about to be built and wasn't spoken for (and the sales manager went to my elementary school). Got it pulled from the queue and made to my spec. Was thinking I might have to do something similar (go to the Okanagan) for the EV6 but their reservation program made it necessary.

(I grew up in Lavington 馃檪)

Registered
I鈥檓 wondering if we can fit the 235/55R19 size that the base model wears rather than the 255/45R20.

That seems a bit more common than the 20鈥 size.

Also, yes anything larger than 17鈥 tend to be pricier. 15鈥-17鈥 winter tires seem more reasonable.

That said, a colleague looking for 235/55R19 found a set of Blizzaks WS80 for around $1,100 which is quite a bit cheaper than the other brands.
I saw somewhere (here I think) that you can't mount 19" wheels on the cars that have 20s OEM for some reason. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Check 1010tires.com for prices on winters. Or make a friend who works at a tire shop and borrow their discount, markup is crazy.

My Infiniti has low profile dimensions leading to expensive winter tires, and I ended up finding a place out in Quebec (odparts.ca) that shipped and was cheaper than all else. If you look around, deals can be had. And you'll have tons of time likely, I expect these will arrive after snow season

Registered
I saw somewhere (here I think) that you can't mount 19" wheels on the cars that have 20s OEM for some reason. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Check 1010tires.com for prices on winters. Or make a friend who works at a tire shop and borrow their discount, markup is crazy.

My Infiniti has low profile dimensions leading to expensive winter tires, and I ended up finding a place out in Quebec (odparts.ca) that shipped and was cheaper than all else. If you look around, deals can be had. And you'll have tons of time likely, I expect these will arrive after snow season
I read the same thread you did but can鈥檛 remember where either. I wonder if it鈥檚 a European thing. I suppose we can always ask the dealer and if they don鈥檛 know, we鈥檒l just mount the 19鈥.

Thanks for the tip. I鈥檓 currently using Nokian Hakkapeliita R3 but those will be expensive on the 19s and I鈥檓 willing to try other brands if there are discounts or promos.

Registered
Bumping this - anyone hear any news from their dealerships?

Radio silence for mine in the Okanagan. I know a number of the east coast + Quebec dealers were at the Toronto Metro Convention Centre (when we found that video last week)

@KiaevCan @robby-d @Lechon @Timmies @Comet302
Why not a bit of irony this morning: "I am the one keeping my dealer informed . . . in Gatineau!"
馃ぃ

61 - 80 of 103 Posts