Kia EV6 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 103 Posts

Registered
馃嚚馃嚘 EV6 | GT Line S [AWD]
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Looks like the capacitive buttons made it in this model. Peter is at the LA auto show - but highly likely we鈥檒l see the Canadian model (non gt) look like this.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
I was excited to see the features on this car until I realised it鈥檚 not a North American model - no orange reflectors.
I do appreciate you approaching this with curiosity. At this point everything is speculative, and although no orange reflectors on this model, Kia America mentioned this is the exact vehicle they used to set the new world record on driving coast to coast (not sure how they measured/confirmed this).

Being a global platform, and seeing some of the production models including Air and GT from Europe - I really do think we'll likely get capacitive buttons vs the manual push buttons. Only instance of the manual buttonsI've come across was Kia Canada pre-production vehicle.

Registered
I do appreciate you approaching this with curiosity. At this point everything is speculative, and although no orange reflectors on this model, Kia America mentioned this is the exact vehicle they used to set the new world record on driving coast to coast (not sure how they measured/confirmed this).

Being a global platform, and seeing some of the production models including Air and GT from Europe - I really do think we'll likely get capacitive buttons vs the manual push buttons. Only instance of the manual buttonsI've come across was Kia Canada pre-production vehicle.
I really hope we do get push buttons for the seat heaters/ventilators and heated steering wheel. I'm not a fan of capacitive buttons when driving (gloves / too easy to press accidentally / can't easily find edges. The dual-function buttons for climate / audio probably can't be push, but I'd love it if they were all mini-LCD screens on top of physical push buttons.

As to whether or not this car will be coming to Canada, the host in the video starts off by explicitly stating this is not the Canadian car. He mentions the likely Canadian edition GT-Line was off-camera, and you see it at one point up on a platform (in silver). Thanks for posting of course! But I wouldn't draw any conclusions from this whatsoever.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
I鈥檓 wondering if we can fit the 235/55R19 size that the base model wears rather than the 255/45R20.

That seems a bit more common than the 20鈥 size.

Also, yes anything larger than 17鈥 tend to be pricier. 15鈥-17鈥 winter tires seem more reasonable.

That said, a colleague looking for 235/55R19 found a set of Blizzaks WS80 for around $1,100 which is quite a bit cheaper than the other brands.
I saw somewhere (here I think) that you can't mount 19" wheels on the cars that have 20s OEM for some reason. 馃し鈥嶁檪锔

Check 1010tires.com for prices on winters. Or make a friend who works at a tire shop and borrow their discount, markup is crazy.

My Infiniti has low profile dimensions leading to expensive winter tires, and I ended up finding a place out in Quebec (odparts.ca) that shipped and was cheaper than all else. If you look around, deals can be had. And you'll have tons of time likely, I expect these will arrive after snow season
I'm thinking about using the winter rim+tire package I purchased for my Stinger on the EV6. The cars are relatively the same dimension and weight [stinger curb weight at 1889 KG vs EV6 AWD GT-Line being 1915 KG]

I have the Fast FC04 on Michelin X-Ice Tires 225/45/R18. Chances are the 225 width might not be wide enough, but need the car first!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
I really hope we do get push buttons for the seat heaters/ventilators and heated steering wheel. I'm not a fan of capacitive buttons when driving (gloves / too easy to press accidentally / can't easily find edges. The dual-function buttons for climate / audio probably can't be push, but I'd love it if they were all mini-LCD screens on top of physical push buttons.

As to whether or not this car will be coming to Canada, the host in the video starts off by explicitly stating this is not the Canadian car. He mentions the likely Canadian edition GT-Line was off-camera, and you see it at one point up on a platform (in silver). Thanks for posting of course! But I wouldn't draw any conclusions from this whatsoever.
My pleasure and you are absolutely correct - I believe nothing until a real car is actually in Canadian soil with a proper review!

Registered
I'm thinking about using the winter rim+tire package I purchased for my Stinger on the EV6. The cars are relatively the same dimension and weight [stinger curb weight at 1889 KG vs EV6 AWD GT-Line being 1915 KG]

I have the Fast FC04 on Michelin X-Ice Tires 225/45/R18. Chances are the 225 width might not be wide enough, but need the car first!
255/45R20 size:
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Product

225/45R18:
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Automotive tire Product

Your Stinger tires are about 3" smaller in diameter; that's well outside allowable tolerances. Sell them used on Kijiji / FB Marketplace for whatever you can get for them.

Attachments

Registered
Can you help me understand where I can check these tolerances? Learning something so thank you!
I'm not an expert on this, I do recommend working with a tire shop / seller to be certain everything's perfect. But happy to share what I do know!

First, I linked to a tire calculator in the previous one -
- you can enter your current tire size and your target wheel size and it'll give you reasonable alternate tire sizes in a chart like below. The green fields are ok matches - for diameter and width. You get much beyond 1% difference in size and it'll make cars do wonky things. Obviously, speedometers will become inaccurate, but I believe it also can mess with some of the driver assistance / stability capabilities. And of course too big can rub in the wheel well.

Besides tires being close to the same size, you also need to make sure the wheel itself has the right dimensions to fit on the car, and around the brakes. That'll include a minimum rim diameter for the brakes, the actual rim width (see below, a 255/45R19 will fit on anywhere from 8" to 9.5" rim width), bolt pattern, offset (essentially depth of the wheel from one edge to where the bolts sit).

Kia EV6 OEM wheel specs here:

Looks like for the 20's the OEM rims are 8.0J x 20"

Here are screenshots from all these sites:

Light Product Font Screenshot Material property

Offset diagram:
Organism Font Parallel Electric blue Slope

GT-Line rim specs and offset. 8Jx20 ET57 = 8" wide, J-type mounting lip, 57mm offset.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Number

Rectangle Font Slope Magenta Parallel

Attachments

Registered
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
I'm not an expert on this, I do recommend working with a tire shop / seller to be certain everything's perfect. But happy to share what I do know!

First, I linked to a tire calculator in the previous one -
- you can enter your current tire size and your target wheel size and it'll give you reasonable alternate tire sizes in a chart like below. The green fields are ok matches - for diameter and width. You get much beyond 1% difference in size and it'll make cars do wonky things. Obviously, speedometers will become inaccurate, but I believe it also can mess with some of the driver assistance / stability capabilities. And of course too big can rub in the wheel well.

Besides tires being close to the same size, you also need to make sure the wheel itself has the right dimensions to fit on the car, and around the brakes. That'll include a minimum rim diameter for the brakes, the actual rim width (see below, a 255/45R19 will fit on anywhere from 8" to 9.5" rim width), bolt pattern, offset (essentially depth of the wheel from one edge to where the bolts sit).

Kia EV6 OEM wheel specs here:

Looks like for the 20's the OEM rims are 8.0J x 20"

Here are screenshots from all these sites:

View attachment 845

Offset diagram:
View attachment 848

GT-Line rim specs and offset. 8Jx20 ET57 = 8" wide, J-type mounting lip, 57mm offset.

View attachment 849
View attachment 850
Thank you - appreciate all of this detail!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Peter does his overview of the North American model around the 19:45 mark:

Edit: spoke to soon, he won鈥檛 get into details.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Found this today. This NA prototype has a white interior!

Edit: Check out the 7:40 Mark where he talks about the interior.

I was searching across YouTube post the LA Autoshow and stumbled on this Video.
Looks like the reviewer, Justin from Destination Kia in from Albany NY, got to see the car in person and do a detailed look at the North American spec.

Unsure where this is shot - but to us here in North America, I think this is positive if they gave someone from the dealer network ability to do a review, other than the rest we've seen at the LA Autoshow!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
Noticed that there is something inbound to Vancouver for December 21st [EUKOR site] from Kia's port in Pyeongtaek, South Korea.

It looks like they may be shipping some North American vehicles over, and chances are there may be some demo EV6 units in there. Cross referencing this with the recent news on the Ioniq 5 forums that there are a couple of Ioniq 5's port side in New Westminister. Some of our US counterparts are getting official messages from their dealerships around delivery estimates as well.
Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number

Hopefully optimistic.

Registered
Dealers are eagerly awaiting shipments of Kia vehicles that aren't the EV6, too ;)

That said, it would be nice if they minimally sent over some press vehicles. We'll probably see some number of those showing up on Youtube before demos start to show up in showrooms. To date I've only seen a moonscape GT-Line (LA show, Seattle show, Vegas test drive) and it's not clear if there are more than 1 in circulation in the US. We also know there were those 2 in Toronto at Kia's HQ for training.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #98 · (Edited)
Dealers are eagerly awaiting shipments of Kia vehicles that aren't the EV6, too ;)

That said, it would be nice if they minimally sent over some press vehicles. We'll probably see some number of those showing up on Youtube before demos start to show up in showrooms. To date I've only seen a moonscape GT-Line (LA show, Seattle show, Vegas test drive) and it's not clear if there are more than 1 in circulation in the US. We also know there were those 2 in Toronto at Kia's HQ for training.
This one is a brand new one - that I haven't seen yet.

Also, remember there will be more than one EV6 Model ;)
Vegan leather is part of the EV6's trim.

Looks great! Unfortunately, the EV6 Sellsheet PDF what was sent to dealers explicitly said the first 200 were coming with black suede:
View attachment 908

Registered
The Kia USA website also has some updates. You can see the available exterior colours and interior colour/upholstery.

Notable:
  • Updated 0-60mph time to 4.6 seconds
  • Tow rating is 2,300lbs (1045kg)
  • EX+ and GT-Line trim features (both offered in RWD and AWD)
    • The EX+ is really well equipped - Meridian audio system, smart power tailgate, heated & ventilated front seats
  • Multiple GT-Line options - not just black suede with white vegan leather trim. There's white vegan leather with black suede trim (basically the inverse) or black vegan leather with white vegan leather trim. EX+ has black vegan leather or "Misty Grey" vegan leather (also comes with a partial white steering wheel)
  • None of the interior photos show a heated steering wheel button lol.
  • Memory seats on the EX+ version
  • Driver's side grab handle (was missing on international versions)
  • Homelink on GT-Line interior

81 - 100 of 103 Posts