Kia EV6 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
That white suede looks really good. If I had my druthers (and no kids) I'd definitely be interested in Gravity Blue with the white suede interior.

·
Registered
🇨🇦 EV6 | GT-Line Package 2
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Wow this white Vegan Leather and Suede option you speak of makes a world of difference @robby-d

My personal gripe was with how dark some of the interior upholstery we've seen thus, and how it makes the car seem smaller (interior wise).

Hope this makes it to Canada and specifically the GT-Line Trim for the 200.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Head restraint

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Anyone hear anything from their Canadian dealers?

Lots of activity happening on the US side of the forum - which makes me speculate something might be on the horizon for us in Canada as well [hopeful]

·
Registered
290 Posts
Nothing here. I was told I’ll be notified when there are details but I’m not holding my breath. I less you’ve bought from them before or have a current relationship, I find dealers don’t tend to be as excited as prospective owners.

I think we’ll find out from the Kia Hyundai Channel before we get an email or phone call.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am a part of the 200 pre-orders
I ordered mainly Yacht blue

I just today received from.my dealership a package choose option
I was under the impression pre-orders were 200 gtline package 2s that would arrive first quarter. The order package thing sent to me told.me to choose a package (gt line 2 for me) and choose a colour again
I'm hoping he's been confused with someone who wants to order one as I've already done all this , has anyone else got the same request from their dealership .. again? ((Ontario)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 · (Edited)
Called into my dealer and they were awesome.

I wont be like others and withhold information - so here is what they shared with me as I took notes. This is not my words or speculation, this is straight from what I was shared:
  • It sounds like the initial batch of 200 will most likely arrive sometime in April.
  • Most of them will be in white or grey colour
  • The GT Line - Package 2 will be the first array of car delivered here in Canada.
My Dealer was nice enough to share with me this bulletin and I'll attach screenshot of what I received.

They are indeed allowed to take customer orders - beyond the initial 200 batch as of today, with the expectation that these orders will arrive sometime in Mid to Late summer.

Hope this helps. However I am disappointed that April is what they are estimating the earliest for deliveries will be.
Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Number
Black Font Material property Parallel Pattern
Vertebrate Motor vehicle Black Car Plant

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thanks @OneFiasco !! Appreciate you posting this. My dealer told me early this AM he had no new info, so must not have received this yet.

Also, on Oct 24 my dealer told me that Kia had said the initial 200 were targeted for April/May delivery, but that Kia likes to underpromise over-deliver and he guessed they'd try to aim for March. So there's always that hope. I very sincerely doubt we'll see them in Feb, but if we're unlucky it might be later. E.g. if Omicron hits factory or upstream parts production.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks @OneFiasco !! Appreciate you posting this. My dealer told me early this AM he had no new info, so must not have received this yet.

Also, on Oct 24 my dealer told me that Kia had said the initial 200 were targeted for April/May delivery, but that Kia likes to underpromise over-deliver and he guessed they'd try to aim for March. So there's always that hope. I very sincerely doubt we'll see them in Feb, but if we're unlucky it might be later. E.g. if Omicron hits factory or upstream parts production.
My confirmation form said Earliest Feb 22 latest Apr 22. Purchase horizon 4- 6 months.

·
Registered
60 Posts
what confirmation form?
Back in October, they sent my dealer a form confirming the deposit in my name for one of the 200, it was called a lead form. Not something that I received directly. After that I received the Kia Canada letter.
......Thank you for reserving the first-ever Kia EV6. Limited vehicles were available for reservation, and now that we have received your $500 deposit, you’re officially among the lucky few Canadians who will own the first-ever Kia EV6.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Back in October, they sent my dealer a form confirming the deposit in my name for one of the 200, it was called a lead form. Not something that I received directly. After that I received the Kia Canada letter.
......Thank you for reserving the first-ever Kia EV6. Limited vehicles were available for reservation, and now that we have received your $500 deposit, you’re officially among the lucky few Canadians who will own the first-ever Kia EV6.
We all got that email confirmation from Kia Canada which has been cryptic at best.

you specifically call out dates in your previous post which are not on any form of communication so far:
My confirmation form said Earliest Feb 22 latest Apr 22. Purchase horizon 4- 6 months.
But I’m not surprised and I understand if you can’t share anything as per your previous contributions. Just let us know if these dates you mention are official or speculation.

No sorry, I had better not, I was asked to keep it to myself. However, you should be able to get this from your own dealer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
We all got that email confirmation from Kia Canada which has been cryptic at best.

you specifically call out dates in your previous post which are not on any form of communication so far:

But I’m not surprised and I understand if you can’t share anything as per your previous contributions. Just let us know if these dates you mention are official or speculation.
They were a communication from Kia Canada to the dealer, so I would say they were official, but that does not mean that they aren't subject to change. From all that has been said I think the worst case is April but I expect to see them sooner.
Maybe not relevant but Hyundai is shipping I5s just a couple of weeks later than they said. I5 demos are in Van. and being dealer prepped for test drives in the next couple of weeks.

101 - 120 of 171 Posts