Kia EV6 Forum banner
141 - 160 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
🇨🇦 EV6 | GT-Line Package 2
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #141 ·
Found this - posted just yesterday and it is indeed a North American Spec, and not the one we saw at the fefe Dobson event!

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've always thought red turn signals looked low-rent; to me they scream "Chrysler/Dodge." But outside of that, I've never given them any thought, and couldn't tell you the rear turn signal colour for almost any of the cars I've owned.

When you're driving the EV6, and you signal a turn, will this ever be on your mind? It will not.

I'd like the car to have sequential yellow turn signals, but if it does not I will forget within a day - once I even remember and bother to check.

Remember, 99% of the time your car is powered on you will be seeing the inside of it. The sound of your turn indicators is far more likely to be something you'll pay attention to than what somebody behind you is seeing when you indicate a turn or lane change :)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
It has red rear indicators. :(
Is this the same red unit from that Quebec Kia dealer video that took place in Ontario?
I didn't see any of the indicators (or exterior lights for that matter) being turned on, so I'm curious where the red indicators you speak of come from?

Seeing the Korean + European spec cars that are in the public -they all have amber indicators, and I cannot see them deviating from this, because it will have a material impact on their costs.

But I do see that in this video - when they open the trunk (there is no amber indicators - and this could be because it a pre-production model)
I do see why you might be thinking they are red - and I thought the same thing when I first saw images of the GT-Line, because of the darkened indicator and blackened chrome (which is a differentiator between the regular vs GT-Line spec). But only time will tell - and I do hope they follow suit with the rest of the world and give us ambers and sequential in the back as well.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I've always thought red turn signals looked low-rent; to me they scream "Chrysler/Dodge." But outside of that, I've never given them any thought, and couldn't tell you the rear turn signal colour for almost any of the cars I've owned.

When you're driving the EV6, and you signal a turn, will this ever be on your mind? It will not.

I'd like the car to have sequential yellow turn signals, but if it does not I will forget within a day - once I even remember and bother to check.

Remember, 99% of the time your car is powered on you will be seeing the inside of it. The sound of your turn indicators is far more likely to be something you'll pay attention to than what somebody behind you is seeing when you indicate a turn or lane change :)
Oh I know. I prefer amber because it’s more visible but also because it’s a cool design element with the chrome (or dark chrome on the GT-Line) lit up as a indicators.

I didn't see any of the indicators (or exterior lights for that matter) being turned on, so I'm curious where the red indicators you speak of come from?

Seeing the Korean + European spec cars that are in the public -they all have amber indicators, and I cannot see them deviating from this, because it will have a material impact on their costs.

But I do see that in this video - when they open the trunk (there is no amber indicators - and this could be because it a pre-production model)
I do see why you might be thinking they are red - and I thought the same thing when I first saw images of the GT-Line, because of the darkened indicator and blackened chrome (which is a differentiator between the regular vs GT-Line spec). But only time will tell - and I do hope they follow suit with the rest of the world and give us ambers and sequential in the back as well.
Yes, in that video, I was thinking of the when they opened the hatch and the lights blinked.

The only thing is that the dealer memo that was sent earlier that highlighted the features pointed at the indicators like elsewhere in the world. I hope this time, we don’t follow the US spec exactly.

·
Registered
386 Posts
The couple commercials ran here in the US thus far clearly show red indicators for us. The lower section, that would be amber, appear to do nothing. Which will be a disappointment for sure.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Came across this, this morning.

This owner from the UK is reporting they got the vehicle 3 months early. This is pure speculation- but given the updates we are getting from the manifests I think @Cnsheets and what @robby-d mentioned may come true.

We might be getting the vehicles earlier than later. But one thing to note - the users vehicle is indeed white.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
The article accompanying this video that was posted earlier this week. At least the pictures are good quality but no details.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just received an email from kia Canada announcing that the EV6 is nearly here... My heart was racing and I got a chubby when I saw Kia sent an email. Oh well

·
Registered
290 Posts
Ditto. Got the same e-mail (twice, in both languages for some reason) but it only directed you to the same splash page that has been there since last summer.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #154 ·
Got the same email as well - links to nothing new but the same page since the pre-launch.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #155 ·
Been nothing but crickets this week, so I decided to start looking at the Preferred Long Range AWD Ioniq 5's Canadian pricing and saw something interesting which I hoping will pass over to the EV6 GT Line Package 2.

Because the price is just lower than $55K - the vehicle here at least in BC seems to qualify for the full federal and provincial incentive.

[Note my personal decision on cash, finance or lease will be based on the residual value at the end of the lease option]
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Material property

·
Registered
60 Posts
Been nothing but crickets this week, so I decided to start looking at the Preferred Long Range AWD Ioniq 5's Canadian pricing and saw something interesting which I hoping will pass over to the EV6 GT Line Package 2.

Because the price is just lower than $55K - the vehicle here at least in BC seems to qualify for the full federal and provincial i
The Ionic 5 Ultimate also qualies for the full IZEV rebate.

Product Azure Font Rectangle Material property

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #157 ·
Hoping the OP from Facebook is on here - but thought to share this in case some of your are not in the group.

It looks like 70 units are destined for Canada.

Sadly zero communication from my dealer or Kia Canada. Shameful for Kia Canada in 2022, but optimistic and grateful for this community we have!

Thank YOU OP if you are here.

Also on a side note - EVEN ICELAND has cars being delivered. Howwwwww?
Font Screenshot Number Document Paper

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #159 ·
Motormouth Canada (Canadian Auto Journalist) confirmed that he has a press car booked for something in March.

·
Registered
255 Posts
FYI, the Ioniq 5 has been rated for fuel economy by NRCAN:
Azure Rectangle Font Line Material property

AWD LR RWD LR RWD SR
Ioniq 5 AWD highway range is identical to the VW ID.4 AWD, although the total rated range is higher for the I5 (414) than the ID.4 (386). Curiously, they classify the Ioniq 5 as a "full-size" [sedan] not an SUV (e.g. ID.4) or station wagon (e.g. Mach-E).

Still awaiting the EV6 numbers, but I'm guessing many of us will have our 🇨🇦 cars before those arrive.

141 - 160 of 171 Posts