Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anyone advise pls on charges for use of Kia charge card in EU and France in particular. On the 17kwh charge point that I want to use the tariff is 20 cents per unit but on the Kia App the costs are shown as 49 cents connection charge plus 12.60 euro per how. That rate works out 74 cents per unit or more if the charge rate is slow. Is this a mistake or a rip off? Thanks in anticipation.
Line Font Rectangle Motor vehicle Gas

Font Material property Rectangle Screenshot Parallel

·
Registered
KIA EV6 GT-Line AWD
16 Posts
Hello AMO,

I live in Vendée and I am well aware of the charging costs in the area. Within « Bretagne » and « Pays de Loire » regions, the charging rate is 0.20€ per kWh for AC and 0.30€ per kWh for DC with no additional charge for time.
With KiaCharge with the « Easy » contract (no monthly fee) you pay a connect charge of 0.49€ plus charging by the minute, it would appear; NOT a good deal. You will be better of with ChargeMapPass or the local app (Ouest-Charge) on you phone which is valid in 7 departments. If you want a badge, it will cost 10€; no monthly fees.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello AMO,

I live in Vendée and I am well aware of the charging costs in the area. Within « Bretagne » and « Pays de Loire » regions, the charging rate is 0.20€ per kWh for AC and 0.30€ per kWh for DC with no additional charge for time.
With KiaCharge with the « Easy » contract (no monthly fee) you pay a connect charge of 0.49€ plus charging by the minute, it would appear; NOT a good deal. You will be better of with ChargeMapPass or the local app (Ouest-Charge) on you phone which is valid in 7 departments. If you want a badge, it will cost 10€; no monthly fees.
Thanks for your help, great to find an EV6 buddy in Vendée - where are you located? We are UK based but have a house near Lucon and we are planning to visit for the first time in the EV6 after Xmas, covid restrictions permitting. I checked out the local chargers last time we were there but was surprised to find the different and higher tariff shown on KiaCharge. I'll check out the Apps you've mentioned and I'd be grateful for any others that you would recommend for use more widely in France. Do you have your EV6 or are you awaiting delivery? Many thanks Tony

1 - 3 of 3 Posts