Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Kia Charge Card, which I haven’t yet used in anger. I am now plotting a trip from Lancaster to London.

I haven’t found a way to add a credit card to my Kia Charge account. Does that all get triggered when the first invoice comes in? [Edit: Did it online]

I plan to leave late evening for an easier drive and hopefully less competition for charging points…

Any suggestions for a couple of Kia Charge partner locations on the way down (and up).

TIA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You should be able to add payment information online by going Account -> Payment Information.

I always try and go to Ionity Chargers since they're cheaper with the included package for the EV6. However, A Better Route Planner suggests stopping at the new GRIDSERVE Rugby Services. Although not on Kia Partner, they have 12 350 KW Chargers and are 30p/kWh

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should be able to add payment information online by going Account -> Payment Information.

I always try and go to Ionity Chargers since they're cheaper with the included package for the EV6. However, A Better Route Planner suggests stopping at the new GRIDSERVE Rugby Services. Although not on Kia Partner, they have 12 350 KW Chargers and are 30p/kWh
Thanks for the heads up about Gridserve at Rugby. I think I can make it there from Lancaster if I stick to speed limits (as usual…).

I would have missed that if I’d stuck to the Kia Charge app.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Drove from Lancaster to Gridserve at M6 J1.
The battery went down to around 38%. I set the cruise control to 70mph but had a few bursts past a couple of those idiots who speed up as you’re passing them.
I plugged the car in and went for a sandwich and a brew, then spent 10 minutes in M&S.

I checked the app to see how much longer it would take to charge and it was at 100%! I couldn’t believe it.

I’m in London and I easily have enough charge to get back to the same Gridserve when I leave.

All I had to do was swipe a credit card and off it went. I stood at the car for about a minute watching the charging speed increase steadily and left when it was 180 or so. Looks like it kept climbing and I sort of wished I had stayed to see what happened.

So kudos to both Kia and Gridserve - really impressed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts