Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone

Controlling climate settings from the Kia Connect app is a real hit and miss. Regardless of being on a charger or not, or is it scheduled or not. Sometimes steering wheel heating is being activated upon requesting it in the app, but climate control and defrost never work basically.

Just for my education, has anyone of you guys figured out a way to make it work or it’s all down to the limitations - bugs - of the app? Does it work for you? Can you start climate control whenever you want from the app?

Any advice would be much appreciate.

thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Including climate control pre heating via Kia connect app?
Yes, it seems to work. Not sure about the scheduled heating yet. But if I now use the remote control and hit the Start Airco button it starts heating

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes, it seems to work. Not sure about the scheduled heating yet. But if I now use the remote control and hit the Start Airco button it starts heating
That's a first! Are you able to find out precisely what changes were made? I'm visiting the dealer tomorrow and it would be good if I could tell them what has worked for you 😁

·
Registered
11 Posts
That's a first! Are you able to find out precisely what changes were made? I'm visiting the dealer tomorrow and it would be good if I could tell them what has worked for you 😁
Yes very fortunate indeed. I was at the dealer for updates two days ago…no success with remote heating. There doesnt seem to be many other reports of success relating to remote heating issues…please as requested can you flag up the details of what the dealership did to get the system working. Thx

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here are the details:
Font Terrestrial plant Screenshot Event

If I set the temperature really high (27 C) it is not a oven by far, but it is definitely warmer than outside. So, it is not there yet, but it is better than ever.

I've tried the scheduled heating too. That doesn't seems to work at all.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I picked up my GT-Line S with a heat pump today, and I've got to say it was genuinely warm inside when driving and the climate control works via remote control as well.

I'll set a schedule for tomorrow morning and see if that works. I'm not going to be plugged in charging, so I'm not that confident.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, one thing is now confirmed: you can't schedule your heating unless you're plugged in and able to charge.

Font Screenshot Circle Parallel Magenta

·
Registered
KIA EV6 GT-Line AWD
16 Posts
For the first time this morning I managed to get remote Pre-heating. Found that solution on a FB group: Using the intelligent Key: first press « Lock » and then press and hold the « Hold » button. Pre-heating windshield and cabin then starts for 10 minutes.
I will test tomorrow morning if this good result will work from now on with Kia Connect app !!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Climate control worked perfectly for me from the app. Took 10 minutes to go from 7° to 21°.

If it's that quick then I don't need it scheduled. I'll just turn it on when I'm getting ready to go out.

·
Registered
223 Posts
For the first time this morning I managed to get remote Pre-heating. Found that solution on a FB group: Using the intelligent Key: first press « Lock » and then press and hold the « Hold » button. Pre-heating windshield and cabin then starts for 10 minutes.
I will test tomorrow morning if this good result will work from now on with Kia Connect app !!
Doesn’t pressing Hold just open the tailgate? 🧐

·
Registered
11 Posts
The updates DON’t work!
My car STILL won’t pre heat. The heater is still blowing cold!!!
Unfortunately to add to the preheat issues I am now reporting to KIA the remote park functions via the key fob are problematic too…they have said some cars are having intermittent issues with this too..I’m not a happy bunny atm!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I try to use this mainly on an iPad. If I try to write a post, the forum bombs out before I have a chance to finish the post!
So much so I usually have to write the post in a word doc then copy it across.
I am trying this from my Lap Top and so far it has not yet bombed out!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I try to use this mainly on an iPad. If I try to write a post, the forum bombs out before I have a chance to finish the post!
So much so I usually have to write the post in a word doc then copy it across.
I am trying this from my Lap Top and so far it has not yet bombed out!
Yep does that with me too but fortunately now and then saves a draft and I can then complete the post🤔

1 - 20 of 30 Posts