Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day… I’ve got a new EV6 on the way from Germany (dealer) to Portugal (me). the trailer it is on is in Narbonne (FR) but Kia Connect still shows the car in Germany… so WTF? 😳😱🙄😡🧐🤣

does anyone know if Kia Connect is essentially a pre-EU cell service with no ‘roaming’ ?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Could be like Telsa in that the wheels have to be moving before GPS updates?

Reactions: jongodfrey

·
Registered
390 Posts
I don't know if that is how the Kia works, but it's definitely how a Tesla works.

Reactions: jongodfrey

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Could be like Telsa in that the wheels have to be moving before GPS updates?
update:
Whether this was “car is off” or “wheels are not turning”… it has resolved itself as the location now shows about 100km away… I suspect it is at the Porsche dealer 🤣🤣 but the map is lacking some detail 🤷‍♂️. Why the Porsche dealer? See attached photo
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Automotive parking light

·
Registered
183 Posts
My Volvo also had tracking, but when it failed and got back on transport it also did not reveal it's location anymore until It came of the lorry.
I do think it is a 'deep-sleep' mode that shuts almost everything off when the car is not in use, to prevent the battery (12v) to run empty.

When you go on holiday for 3-4 weeks and leave the car at airport, you do want to be able to start the car when you return

1 - 9 of 9 Posts