Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[TLDR: I’m curious what others’ gripes about the Kia Connect app might be, and what you use the app for mostly (Remote start, stopping a charge), etc.]

As a UX designer of nearly 20 years (last 10 in management), I find a lot to be desired of the app. As a fun exercise, I thought I’d get some usability feedback from users (you) and see what improvements could theoretically be made.

I know the first improvement most will think is “it should just work when I ask it to do X” — and I don’t disagree — but for this exercise, we’ll keep it scoped to features/functionality rather than reliability.

[Disclaimer: I don’t work for Kia and no UX improvements/wireframes/UI mock-ups I come up with will make it into the app. This is just for “fun”!]

Here’s an initial set of questions:
  1. How often do you open the Kia Connect app each week?
  2. When you open the app, which feature are you accessing most? Second most?
  3. Do you regularly visit the “Locations” tab? “Account Info” tab? “Assistant” tab?
  4. Are there features important to you that are hard to find or hard to easily access?
  5. What is your single biggest gripe about the app? Second biggest?
  6. Is it important for you to see a realistic depiction of your car within the app?
  7. If you could wave a magic wand, what is the one thing in the app that you’d change immediately?
  8. What other connected car apps have you used?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
1. A few times/week
2. Remote climate start
3. No
4. None, all are readily available
5. Sometimes it unexpectedly logs me out
6. Yes :)
7. Make it customizable; let you place the commands in different order widget-style
8. Toyota

·
Registered
28 Posts
1. 3 or 4 times a week
2. State of charge, charging limits
3. No
4. I don't think so.
5. Really wish the remote climate control included seat heating/cooling.
6. No
7. See #5
8. None. My last car didn't even have Bluetooth.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
160 Posts
I mainly use it to start the AC before I go out to my car since its about 110 outside. I'll also use it to check my charge level at times. No intention of paying for it when the free trial runs out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
  1. Open the app at least once a day but I’ve only had the car a few days so I’m sure I won’t check it that much once the excitement wears off.
  2. Refresh to see current charge and time to charge complete. Use remote climate
  3. Use those seldom.
  4. None I can think of.
  5. EVER SINCE I UPDATED SOFTWARE IT KEEPS SWITCHING MY CLIMATE TO CELSIUS FROM FAHRENHEIT (don’t mean to scream but if anyone knows a fix please do tell) I also wish the climate stayed on longer than 10 minutes or you could access utility mode from the app .
  6. It’s a nice feature. I’d like if the front back camera did a person alert
  7. Turn on my cooled seat
  8. Subaru STARLINK

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line (Urban Yellow, 1st Ed, 881/1000)
122 Posts
When using a guest (non-primary, shared) account: if you take a 360 photo, you can't view it ... it ends up in the primary driver's account. Also, lack of charging info/history.

·
Registered
EV6 GT Line AWD
24 Posts
Gripes: Kia will force me to pay hundreds of dollars a year to use all of the features after the 1 year "free trial". I also have a Ford and their app is free forever so I can always remote start and lock/unlock from the app. For our Sorento we did not pay after the first year, and havent missed anything. Can still see location, DTE, remaining oil life from the app on the "lite" version.

Wants: Someone built an ios widget for the Ford app that is pretty useful where you can see a lot of info from the app on a widget on your home screen without having to open the app. That was more useful than anything else I have seen.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 Wind AWD Tech package
76 Posts
Gripes: Kia will force me to pay hundreds of dollars a year to use all of the features after the 1 year "free trial". I also have a Ford and their app is free forever so I can always remote start and lock/unlock from the app. For our Sorento we did not pay after the first year, and havent missed anything. Can still see location, DTE, remaining oil life from the app on the "lite" version.

Wants: Someone built an ios widget for the Ford app that is pretty useful where you can see a lot of info from the app on a widget on your home screen without having to open the app. That was more useful than anything else I have seen.
hundreds?!

·
Registered
35 Posts
  1. EVER SINCE I UPDATED SOFTWARE IT KEEPS SWITCHING MY CLIMATE TO CELSIUS FROM FAHRENHEIT (don’t mean to scream but if anyone knows a fix please do tell)
Celsius works just fine. 22.2C = 72F. If you don't want to deal with the math you really need to know just a few favorites. Maybe one for winter and one for summer. If you do like math.... (°C × 9/5) + 32 = °F

·
Registered
50 Posts
Celsius works just fine. 22.2C = 72F. If you don't want to deal with the math you really need to know just a few favorites. Maybe one for winter and one for summer. If you do like math.... (°C × 9/5) + 32 = °F
I was never good with the 9/5 bit. For a quick conversation I do (C x2) +30 = F (+/- 2 approx)

• Wow
Reactions: modulo26

·
Registered
'22 EV6 Wind AWD (tech, red)
41 Posts
  1. Probably 3 times a week.
  2. Mostly to start climate if I parked somewhere in the sun. Occasionally to edit charge limits or make sure the car is in fact charging.
  3. Locations/Account info - opened it once or twice ever. Assistant - never used it.
  4. The limited stuff I do with the app seems fairly easy to do. It would be nice if I could edit the charging current in the app. Also would be nice to do heated / ventilated seats.
  5. The slowness / car never being updated. I always have the refresh because the app is hours to tens of hours out of date.
  6. Not really.
  7. Make it stay reasonably up to date & be quicker / less laggy. Also in a year, the cost is going to be a major issue. It seems really overpriced for how I use it.
  8. GM

1 - 17 of 17 Posts