Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This post is merely a suggestion that everyone can voice their concern over how supply constrains are squeezing price in most car especially the newer and exciting one.
Frankly, after Kia and Hyundai join force to build such an amazing platform for their new flagship car, they fall short of not making the process of buying the car easier. I am sure majority of us people think that negotiating for the car is the most painful experience. Direct sale has been the main reason why buying a Tesla is so easy. If Kia do believe their future product is great, then might be it is time to say good bye with the old model of selling through dealer. I am sure majority of people in this forum see how much better kia cars has been becoming, especially with the coming ev6. It is now that KIA should make the move. Timing could never been better as the market shar are reshaping due to EV car. Doing this will help Kia win over greater market share in which plenty of car manufacturers are failing to see.

·
Registered
GT-Line.
491 Posts
Hi all,

This post is merely a suggestion that everyone can voice their concern over how supply constrains are squeezing price in most car especially the newer and exciting one.
Frankly, after Kia and Hyundai join force to build such an amazing platform for their new flagship car, they fall short of not making the process of buying the car easier. I am sure majority of us people think that negotiating for the car is the most painful experience. Direct sale has been the main reason why buying a Tesla is so easy. If Kia do believe their future product is great, then might be it is time to say good bye with the old model of selling through dealer. I am sure majority of people in this forum see how much better kia cars has been becoming, especially with the coming ev6. It is now that KIA should make the move. Timing could never been better as the market shar are reshaping due to EV car. Doing this will help Kia win over greater market share in which plenty of car manufacturers are failing to see.
I don't mind going to a dealer provided that they don't play games.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I don't feel dealer relationships are particularly important these days. I would have been perfectly happy ordering direct (like Polestar) as long as service and support options were fairly close and easy (unlike Polestar). They dealer I used provided a test drive but did not really 'sell' the car or a specific deal.

I might feel differently if it was an older model with more discount etc potentially on offer.

Bruce

·
Registered
130 Posts
I don't feel dealer relationships are particularly important these days. I would have been perfectly happy ordering direct (like Polestar) as long as service and support options were fairly close and easy (unlike Polestar). They dealer I used provided a test drive but did not really 'sell' the car or a specific deal.

I might feel differently if it was an older model with more discount etc potentially on offer.

Bruce
You have to remember that dealerships in the USA where OP is located are a f*cking nightmare. I can understand their frustrations with not being able to buy online since dealers in the USA have some weird cabal going on, which is why Tesla was such a massive disruption over there, where here their online model was business as usual (a la Peugeot and Mercedes).

I personally didn't mind going to a dealership for my EV6. Dealer was excellent and it was nice to have a human there to confirm that I didn't bugger anything up (he also talked me out of the matte grey paint after explaining the care process for it, and he threw in free official mats) whom could also give me delivery updates. After that it was all documents signed electronically from the comfort of my own home and then the actual dealer visit to collect the car was "here are my old keys, sign here, drive away".

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had agreed on a price with a dealer only for the dealer to renege on the deal the next day and ask for an additional $500-, which I, out of principle, rejected.

But already before that happened, I didn't see the value of having a dealer involved if you consider the additional money you have to pay for the car so the dealer can make his margins work.

I previously bought a Tesla 3 online without any fuss.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts