Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In no particular order, I'm sure there will be more things to add to this list. Some of you will disagree, some will agree. I'm not looking to argue, I'm just sayin':

1. That 567 page repetitive Owners Manual.
2. Range is less than expected.
3. The big pillar causing the blind spot when looking over your left shoulder.
4. Driver’s settings not saved to remote key fob for driver #1 and #2.
5. Unable to lock the vehicle with the driver’s door power lock button as you exit or #5.
6. Will not lock automatically as you walk away from the vehicle.
7. Location of the cooled/heated seats and heated steering wheel buttons.
8. That little backup beeper.
9. No rear wiper.
10. Having to hold the button to close the rear hatch (unless you push the button on the hatch).
11. Not having a regular old fashioned cruise control as an option.
12. That SLOW park assist is useless (and note you have to walk with the car or it stops).
13. No led light in the charge port door.
14. No protective cover over the charge connector.
15. Lighted door sills powered by a 2032 battery (really? It’s an electric vehicle).
16. An ‘extra wide sunroof’ with a standard size hole.
17. The ability to turn off the lane assist beeper..
18. Reaching in to the cubby hole under the center console.
19. No glovebox lock.
20. No center console latch or lock.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I’m sitting here wondering why you even bought an EV6.
No reason for you to be wonder about it. I would have thought most of these things like 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 17, 19, and 20 would have been addressed prior the Ev6 being released. You don't find any of these things annoying, none?

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT Line AWD Yacht Blue
160 Posts
If you don't like it, trade it in for something else. The EV6 is a hot commodity right now. You're bound to find a buyer that'll give you what you paid for it (just look on this forum), possibly even more. You're obviously very unhappy about the list you posted (even though each and every one could've been researched before you bought it), so find another vehicle and let someone else actually enjoy the car. Otherwise, you're just a cranky old man who just needs something to complain about.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you don't like it, trade it in for something else. The EV6 is a hot commodity right now. You're bound to find a buyer that'll give you what you paid for it (just look on this forum), possibly even more. You're obviously very unhappy about the list you posted (even though each and every one could've been researched before you bought it), so find another vehicle and let someone else actually enjoy the car. Otherwise, you're just a cranky old man who just needs something to complain about.
Obviously you are afraid to admit that there are annoyances in a car that you just bought for nearly $55,000. As you get older and wiser you'll understand. I started this thread by saying I didn't want to argue with anyone, so get off my ***

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT Line AWD Yacht Blue
160 Posts
I'm 50 years old, plenty old enough and wise enough to know what I like. None of the items you listed are annoying to me. There are things I hope they improve in the infotainment system but I'm patient to wait for the OTAs. You're 76 years old, do you really want to live out your golden years with buyer's remorse? Just trade it in. You'll be happier, you'll make an EV enthusiast happier and we won't have to hear from a curmudgeon on here. :LOL:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm 50 years old, plenty old enough and wise enough to know what I like. None of the items you listed are annoying to me. There are things I hope they improve in the infotainment system but I'm patient to wait for the OTAs. You're 76 years old, do you really want to live out your golden years with buyer's remorse? Just trade it in. You'll be happier, you'll make an EV enthusiast happier and we won't have to hear from a curmudgeon on here. :LOL:
I don't have buyers remorse. I love the car and I am enjoying it for the most part. These are just small things that I find annoying to me and could easily remedied. I hope they improve the infotainment center as well. I'm glad that none of my announces annoy you.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Thanks for posting these. I was really wanting this car. The thing that turned me off of it was the way the sales and ordering (or lack thereof) are handled. I talked to several dealers and each one told a different story on the ordering process. Kia dropped the ball on the distribution. Very disorganized. Very disappointed. I’m now looking at the XC40 recharge. Among others.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-L RWD, 1973 Triumph TR6
230 Posts
I don't have buyers remorse. I love the car and I am enjoying it for the most part. These are just small things that I find annoying to me and could easily remedied. I hope they improve the infotainment center as well. I'm glad that none of my announces annoy you.
I call BS. You are more than annoyed if you have to write a 20 point list to post here. I’m 70 and I’m certainly not looking for 20 things to post. One or two maybe. It’s by no means perfect, but is a great car.

Then the insults fly with “when you are older and wiser…” Putting us young wiper-snappers in our place? You may need to be younger and wiser to not air your discontent in a public forum.

Is it your first EV of any kind? I’m thinking no car will ever please you.

·
Registered
2022 F.E SMG # 0938/1500
127 Posts
Yes,

The more I delve into the EV6,, the more I feel that Kia, Definitely Duped the Buyers with A Few of the Cars Hardware.

" But over all, it is a Solid EV. "

All I can say is....

I will be more attentive next time when buying any car, and More so with Kia-Hyundai-Genesis' Higher Priced Vehicles.
But I'm willing to wager that given time, With an OBD2 scan tool.
This car is probably capable of doing most of the things that we would like.

Now Kindly excuse me,,,

I'm setting off to enjoy my EV6 on my drive home from work... ; )

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for posting these. I was really wanting this car. The thing that turned me off of it was the way the sales and ordering (or lack thereof) are handled. I talked to several dealers and each one told a different story on the ordering process. Kia dropped the ball on the distribution. Very disorganized. Very disappointed. I’m now looking at the XC40 recharge. Among others.
I call BS. You are more than annoyed if you have to write a 20 point list to post here. I’m 70 and I’m certainly not looking for 20 things to post. One or two maybe. It’s by no means perfect, but is a great car.

Then the insults fly with “when you are older and wiser…” Putting us young wiper-snappers in our place? You may need to be younger and wiser to not air your discontent in a public forum.

Is it your first EV of any kind? I’m thinking no car will ever please you.
it is a great car with issues. My list of 20 annoyances is only the beginning. Who just posted their discontent in a public forum? I have owned several KIA's and I expected more from them. As stated in the above post I do feel that we were 'duped' to a certain extent.
I do owe shoob in apology for my when 'you are older and wiser' comment. I will apologize to him immediately.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Obviously you are afraid to admit that there are annoyances in a car that you just bought for nearly $55,000. As you get older and wiser you'll understand. I started this thread by saying I didn't want to argue with anyone, so get off my ***
Interested to know what the OPs list of annoyances were on his Model-A. Did it even have a glove box? Just curious.
the timing advance and throttle were on the steering column and the lack of turn signals were an annoyance.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm sorry shoob, I owe you an apology for my "when you are older and wiser" statement. Please accept my sincere apologies. I respect you opinion.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't mean to steer you or anyone away from buying an EV6. It is a great car, the annoyances I listed are minor in nature and can be easily resolved. The ordering process on the other hand seems to be troublesome at this point.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
120 Posts
I'm sorry shoob, I owe you an apology for my "when you are older and wiser" statement. Please accept my sincere apologies. I respect you opinion.
Maybe when you are a bit older and wiser you will do your research before dropping 60k on a car. If you had, you would have been aware of the majority of these issues and could have made an informed purchase. old man yells at cloud

1 - 20 of 64 Posts