Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just (this afternoon) received a Kia recall Email regarding my EV6 GT Line S (collected late December 2022). Does anyone know what the latest recall relates to? Ive had the alarm and traction control issues dealt with as well as software updates to February. I’ve also been been told my car does not need the HVAC inverter replacing. Just wondered if anyone else has more information about this recall. Thx

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT Line AWD Yacht Blue
160 Posts
That's not a recall. A recall is safety specific, not a random software update.
Car manufacturers can issue non-safety related recall notices. Not all recalls are safety issues. Any mechanical or electronic (or software in this case) can be a recall. It's just a notice to the owner that they need to bring the car in to fix an issue. In many cases, failure to obey the recall notice will void your warranty, so it's best just to do it anyway.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Is there a site anywhere to look these up? With BMW, they had a way to look up technical service bulletins. It was pretty handy to figure out what may impact your car. Also educated me what to ask the service department.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Just (this afternoon) received a Kia recall Email regarding my EV6 GT Line S (collected late December 2022). Does anyone know what the latest recall relates to? Ive had the alarm and traction control issues dealt with as well as software updates to February. I’ve also been been told my car does not need the HVAC inverter replacing. Just wondered if anyone else has more information about this recall. Thx
I think you meant December 2021, which would be the same time I got mine, but I haven't had any recall notice from Kia for any updates. Unlike you, I've not had any issues with the traction control or the alarm. The dealer I bought from is a bit slack so I'm not surprised I've not heard anything. I might have to chase them up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think you meant December 2021, which would be the same time I got mine, but I haven't had any recall notice from Kia for any updates. Unlike you, I've not had any issues with the traction control or the alarm. The dealer I bought from is a bit slack so I'm not surprised I've not heard anything. I might have to chase them up.
Hi yes December 2021… my dealership also is a little laid back when it comes to post sales issues. If your car hasn’t been back for any KIA updates/recalls since you collected it and you haven’t updated any software yourself your dealer should certainly have stuff that needs doing. I read a post elsewhere which suggested contacting KIA customer services with your registration/VIN to get a list of outstanding updates for the vehicle. I’m going to phone my dealer tomorrow.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hi yes December 2021… my dealership also is a little laid back when it comes to post sales issues. If your car hasn’t been back for any KIA updates/recalls since you collected it and you haven’t updated any software yourself your dealer should certainly have stuff that needs doing. I read a post elsewhere which suggested contacting KIA customer services with your registration/VIN to get a list of outstanding updates for the vehicle. I’m going to phone my dealer tomorrow.
I updated the infotainment last February but other than that it has had nothing done. I'll contact them to find out about what needs doing.
I heard the latest update was mainly to fix the remote preheating which they have fixed.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I updated the infotainment last February but other than that it has had nothing done. I'll contact them to find out about what needs doing.
I heard the latest update was mainly to fix the remote preheating which they have fixed.
Whilst I think you are correct about a pre heating fix being in the pipeline not sure if that fix is released to the UK yet but you never know🤔

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Wind AWD
29 Posts
As an FYI - recalls mean they want you to bring the car in sooner rather than later. A TSB is a 'heads up' to the dealers to look for the issue and how to address the issue when a customer comes in for that problem, or for regular maintenance.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts