Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very interesting. Fire is very front of the car. Is it AWD? Battery pack is further back and below?

Article suggests it was an AWD and the collision caused a short in the high voltage wires going to the front motor given that the battery pack wasn't on fire yet.

·
Registered
First Edition #77
46 Posts
Article suggests it was an AWD and the collision caused a short in the high voltage wires going to the front motor given that the battery pack wasn't on fire yet.
Article actually doesn’t suggest that and clearly states it doesn’t know but does suggest IF it were AWD that a short in high voltage could be a possibility

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,766 Posts
Pretty grainy. Wonder what's on the roof towards the rear - could be a taxi. Dodgy wiring perhaps... ;)
Yes there is something on the roof for sure but too hard to make it out.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Since the article says there are no details yet, we don't even really know if it hit a concrete barrier and caught on fire, or if it caught on fire then hit a concrete barrier. 😮

·
Registered
326 Posts
The video doesn't look right to me. The driver's door is open and many of the flames are around the door and interior and hood. You would expect that in a battery fire, the skateboard where the batteries are located would be the source of the flames, especially since this car has a front impact, not a side impact. Suspicious to me that the car was at fault.

·
Registered
F.E. 208/1500 Matte Gray $5K markup (Oxendale Kia)
176 Posts
The video doesn't look right to me. The driver's door is open and many of the flames are around the door and interior and hood. You would expect that in a battery fire, the skateboard where the batteries are located would be the source of the flames, especially since this car has a front impact, not a side impact. Suspicious to me that the car was at fault.
I agree, it looks like whatever was hit, is what cause the fire. Flames are too big to see what is in front of the car. Something is there, the car sitting on something base on the angle its at.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts