Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've driving the EV6 GT-Line AWD about 300 mil to date and there have been a few problems along the way but I haven't found anything mentioning the ESP.
So, 4 times now, when in HDA-mode on the highway, doing about 100km/h the ESP light starts flashing and the HDA system turns off. This goes on all the way until i stop the car and then start it again. But it comes back from time to time, anyone else noticed this behaviour?

It blinks (see link below) and also a sound like a old flasher relay somewhere from the dashboard. It can go on for a few minutes sometimes and then stops for a while, but never clears until I've restarted the car... Bringing it to the dealer next week and I will post if the find something here on the forum afterwards.

ESP problem EV6

·
Registered
88 Posts
This should not occur, does not look good to me. Also no mention about it in the manual. Almost looks like electric or signal issue

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Number

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello @Fredrik_Swed!

Exactly the same problem here! Driving my EV6 (RWD) on the motorway 110 km/h today - with HDA enabled the same issue occurred to me, ESP flashing very often, the car "jerks" very little and giving annoying sounds - very frustrating. Also caused the cruise control to terminate several times saying something like: "Speed reduced, cruse control stopped". (Note: Middle of the day, clear skies, dry road and light traffic, +4C)

Have you any update on the issue from your contact with your dealer? I hope this can be fixed swiftly since it is super-annoying for me driving long distances on a daily basis - stable adaptable cruise control is a must-have for me.

Looking forward to you reply!

Best Regards, Daniel

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello @Fredrik_Swed!

Exactly the same problem here! Driving my EV6 (RWD) on the motorway 110 km/h today - with HDA enabled the same issue occurred to me, ESP flashing very often, the car "jerks" very little and giving annoying sounds - very frustrating. Also caused the cruise control to terminate several times saying something like: "Speed reduced, cruse control stopped". (Note: Middle of the day, clear skies, dry road and light traffic, +4C)

Have you any update on the issue from your contact with your dealer? I hope this can be fixed swiftly since it is super-annoying for me driving long distances on a daily basis - stable adaptable cruise control is a must-have for me.

Looking forward to you reply!

Best Regards, Daniel
Hello
I've got a new software update last week from my dealership, it included some kind of fix for the "ABS" system. But not sure it has helped.
I have got the issue 4 times and driven 3000km so it's not every trip. I have only driven maybe 100km since the update so I can't tell if it has made any difference. My dealership installed a "Flight recorder" to see if they could figure out what happened during these ESP-issue but they only told me that the latest update included some sort of ABS-fix. Nothing specific that was found through the flight recorder unfortunatly.

I can update a post here in 2 weeks and let you know if it has happened again or if the update has fixed the problem.

Early adopter isn't always a walk in sunshine I guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts