Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've driving the EV6 GT-Line AWD about 300 mil to date and there have been a few problems along the way but I haven't found anything mentioning the ESP.
So, 4 times now, when in HDA-mode on the highway, doing about 100km/h the ESP light starts flashing and the HDA system turns off. This goes on all the way until i stop the car and then start it again. But it comes back from time to time, anyone else noticed this behaviour?

It blinks (see link below) and also a sound like a old flasher relay somewhere from the dashboard. It can go on for a few minutes sometimes and then stops for a while, but never clears until I've restarted the car... Bringing it to the dealer next week and I will post if the find something here on the forum afterwards.

ESP problem EV6

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello @Fredrik_Swed!

Exactly the same problem here! Driving my EV6 (RWD) on the motorway 110 km/h today - with HDA enabled the same issue occurred to me, ESP flashing very often, the car "jerks" very little and giving annoying sounds - very frustrating. Also caused the cruise control to terminate several times saying something like: "Speed reduced, cruse control stopped". (Note: Middle of the day, clear skies, dry road and light traffic, +4C)

Have you any update on the issue from your contact with your dealer? I hope this can be fixed swiftly since it is super-annoying for me driving long distances on a daily basis - stable adaptable cruise control is a must-have for me.

Looking forward to you reply!

Best Regards, Daniel

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello @Fredrik_Swed!

Exactly the same problem here! Driving my EV6 (RWD) on the motorway 110 km/h today - with HDA enabled the same issue occurred to me, ESP flashing very often, the car "jerks" very little and giving annoying sounds - very frustrating. Also caused the cruise control to terminate several times saying something like: "Speed reduced, cruse control stopped". (Note: Middle of the day, clear skies, dry road and light traffic, +4C)

Have you any update on the issue from your contact with your dealer? I hope this can be fixed swiftly since it is super-annoying for me driving long distances on a daily basis - stable adaptable cruise control is a must-have for me.

Looking forward to you reply!

Best Regards, Daniel
Hello
I've got a new software update last week from my dealership, it included some kind of fix for the "ABS" system. But not sure it has helped.
I have got the issue 4 times and driven 3000km so it's not every trip. I have only driven maybe 100km since the update so I can't tell if it has made any difference. My dealership installed a "Flight recorder" to see if they could figure out what happened during these ESP-issue but they only told me that the latest update included some sort of ABS-fix. Nothing specific that was found through the flight recorder unfortunatly.

I can update a post here in 2 weeks and let you know if it has happened again or if the update has fixed the problem.

Early adopter isn't always a walk in sunshine I guess.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts