Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
Kia EV6 First Edition Matte Grey
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I reserved an FE EV6 and my dealership today said it should arrive sometime next month. I was excited about this but with the official pricing coming out I'm left confused. I'm trying to understand the point of getting the FE over the GT-Line AWD. If the AWD comes with the same size wheels, the heated steering wheel, and heated rear seats then I'm paying an extra $2900 for a badge, a $700 paint option, and some charging credit I think is being offered to non-FE EV6 buyers anyway(I live in an apt complex with chargers in the garage so I didn't choose the free charger). And I'm assuming the $58.5k does not include any other fees like shipping. At this point, I'm waiting to see if my dealership does any markups on any of the car trims to decide. Can someone clarify this for me or tell me if I'm missing something. This premium seems to be for something in name only. It doesn't even look like the FE will be the first trim shipped out.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
306 Posts
Hi, I reserved an FE EV6 and my dealership today said it should arrive sometime next month. I was excited about this but with the official pricing coming out I'm left confused. I'm trying to understand the point of getting the FE over the GT-Line AWD. If the AWD comes with the same size wheels, the heated steering wheel, and heated rear seats then I'm paying an extra $2900 for a badge, a $700 paint option, and some charging credit I think is being offered to non-FE EV6 buyers anyway(I live in an apt complex with chargers in the garage so I didn't choose the free charger). And I'm assuming the $58.5k does not include any other fees like shipping. At this point, I'm waiting to see if my dealership does any markups on any of the car trims to decide. Can someone clarify this for me or tell me if I'm missing something. This premium seems to be for something in name only. It doesn't even look like the FE will be the first trim shipped out.
I’m on the same boat as well. The other thread had a good break down of each model. I’m still waiting for all the information regarding the FE. My dealer of choice told me some will sell at msrp and some won’t, very vague answer. After seeing the first YouTube video review of the GT Line, kinda sad that KIA skimmed down on other features like sequential turn signals, dashcam recording, Adaptive Headlights, and relaxation button where the driver and passenger seat fully recline.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Same question here!
I am in the same boat I canceled my FE order yesterday out of principal and personal preference I’m not very impressed by badges. Just started the process of ordering a GT line through MurlinatoR.
I really Have had enough of dealing with the games some dealers wanna play and don’t have the energy to run around chasing my tail. Good luck to every one And best wishes

ps. If you’re concerned about selling your car you can go to KBB (Kelley blue book) or Carvana. It is a very easy process and they’re very fair.

·
Registered
65 Posts
@MurlinatoR posted final prices of the different trims on another thread. It looks like the final cost of the First Edition ends up being $2400 more than the regular GT-line AWD, though Steel Matte Gray paint is a $700 option on the GT-line. So in your case (and mine, for what it's worth) you'd be paying $1700 for some badges, and an eight-month head-start in being able to get your car. YMMV if the timing makes it worth it to you, as that's really just about all that the FE truly does.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello,

I am reaching out in reference to your KIA EV6 pre-order. We are inching closer and closer to the arrival of your vehicle. Information from KIA states that the initial batch being sent over will be for customers that ordered the Steel Matte Gray or the Glacier colors. The Urban Yellow looks like it will be close behind if that was your choice of color.

As we get specific information about your specific order and arrival dates I will be sure to reach out. Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact myself, or Gino Tairi our General Sales Manager.

Thank you for believing in our brand and for choosing Gerald KIA Naperville as your dealer of choice.

As received. No info on the pricing yet

·
Registered
316 Posts
Straight from the KIA website. Note they don't mention the"gift" They consider the black flares a feature not a bug (n):):)

As long as I can get my FE at MSRP in a reasonable timeframe I'm in.

What is unique about the First Edition?

The First Edition includes a unique set of exterior and interior features, including unique exterior and interior color combinations with black fender flares. Also included are First Edition illuminated door sills, with an exclusive EV6 First Edition interior badge. First Edition units are limited to 1,500 vehicles for the 2022 model year.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Straight from the KIA website. Note they don't mention the"gift" They consider the black flares a feature not a bug (n):):)

As long as I can get my FE at MSRP in a reasonable timeframe I'm in.

What is unique about the First Edition?

The First Edition includes a unique set of exterior and interior features, including unique exterior and interior color combinations with black fender flares. Also included are First Edition illuminated door sills, with an exclusive EV6 First Edition interior badge. First Edition units are limited to 1,500 vehicles for the 2022 model year.
I'm not saying this is a great deal BTW, just that this should be our expectations. I agree we are not getting any great deal

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am in the same boat I canceled my FE order yesterday out of principal and personal preference I’m not very impressed by badges. Just started the process of ordering a GT line through MurlinatoR.
I really Have had enough of dealing with the games some dealers wanna play and don’t have the energy to run around chasing my tail. Good luck to every one And best wishes

ps. If you’re concerned about selling your car you can go to KBB (Kelley blue book) or Carvana. It is a very easy process and they’re very fair.
I have to agree with you about Carvana. They are coming to pick up my car on Saturday and I couldn't be happier with the price they offered. So far the process has been easy just need to complete the last step.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I have to agree with you about Carvana. They are coming to pick up my car on Saturday and I couldn't be happier with the price they offered. So far the process has been easy just need to complete the last step.
Carvana or Vroom is my plan for selling my Bolt with new battery pack if private sale just doesn't work or I lose patience.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 Moon - Passed on my FE
143 Posts
I sold my Rogue through Carvana 12/21. Great price. About as simple as could be and they came to pick it up. The offer they made was what they paid after seeing car. No games or changes.

·
Registered
Matte Gray EV6, Nissan Leaf (2013)
228 Posts
Back to the thread topic, I'm wondering if the FE simply also includes all of the relevant port installed options? This would be consistent with the idea of the FE representing the "maxed-out" version of the EV6 (ignoring the lack of GT-L styling.)

Interestingly the total of these options - available only with GT-L AWD configurations - is $1,945; adding $655 as a credit for the unique exterior paints gives the cost of the optional FE package ($2,600.)

This makes more sense, at least to me, than KIA simply "pulling a fast one" on those who ordered the initial FE. The "gift" of a home charger would be our bonus.

Font Parallel Number Screenshot

·
Registered
5 Posts
Back to the thread topic, I'm wondering if the FE simply also includes all of the relevant port installed options? This would be consistent with the idea of the FE representing the "maxed-out" version of the EV6 (ignoring the lack of GT-L styling.)

Interestingly the total of these options - available only with GT-L AWD configurations - is $1,945; adding $655 as a credit for the unique exterior paints gives the cost of the optional FE package ($2,600.)

This makes more sense, at least to me, than KIA simply "pulling a fast one" on those who ordered the initial FE. The "gift" of a home charger would be our bonus.

View attachment 1763
If that is the reality, that would be great - though I have seen no mention of a Tow Hitch for the FE. It would be a pleasant surprise.

·
Registered
609 Posts

View attachment 1763
In this thread @MurlinatoR posted this image which indicates that the First Edition package (option code FEN) adds mud guards (option code MUG) automatically. See the comment that says "FEN applies MUG".
Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
609 Posts
I'm going to paste the rant I posted on Facebook in reply to a similar question in the EV6 Owners Group.

The FE has the same front black gloss wheel arches, front bumper/fascia, side skirts and rear bumper as the Wind trim and the same exact features as the GT-Line AWD model (other than the FE badging and sill plates) but the Wind is a lower trim than the GT-Line. I reserved an FE in steel gray matte but I prefer the body colored wheel arches, front bumper/fascia, side skirts and rear bumper of the GT-Line trim. Also why would I pay more for the FE than the GT-Line when the outside of the FE looks like the lower trim Wind (other than possibly getting it earlier)? Lastly dealers are getting non FE EV6's to sell but the FEs haven't been delivered to all reservation holders yet so people like me who reserved the FE aren't really getting the privilege of being first to get the EV6. /rant

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'm going to paste the rant I posted on Facebook in reply to a similar question in the EV6 Owners Group.

The FE has the same front black gloss wheel arches, front bumper/fascia, side skirts and rear bumper as the Wind trim and the same exact features as the GT-Line AWD model (other than the FE badging and sill plates) but the Wind is a lower trim than the GT-Line. I reserved an FE in steel gray matte but I prefer the body colored wheel arches, front bumper/fascia, side skirts and rear bumper of the GT-Line trim. Also why would I pay more for the FE than the GT-Line when the outside of the FE looks like the lower trim Wind (other than possibly getting it earlier)? Lastly dealers are getting non FE EV6's to sell but the FEs haven't been delivered to all reservation holders yet so people like me who reserved the FE aren't really getting the privilege of being first to get the EV6. /rant
Correct that is what a lot of people on this forum have said, by the way I ordered the same color FE as you did and I’m walking away from it I found a dealer near me that was reputable they will sell the GT Line at MSRP and I could pick the color I really want and interior that I really want, it also gives me the body style I prefer and saves me $2500 we all have different wants and needs it’s a personal choice

·
Registered
254 Posts
In this thread @MurlinatoR posted this image which indicates that the First Edition package (option code FEN) adds mud guards (option code MUG) automatically. See the comment that says "FEN applies MUG".
View attachment 1768
Sgold24 Posted his window sticker for his FE and none of those items were included. He was charged for the glacier white paint ?????????

1 - 20 of 80 Posts