Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have so far always driven my car in the winter with winter tyres.
With regular trips to germany and belgium (ardennen) with snow and ice this always felt good.

I have currently an espace with exact same tyres 235x45 19inch and heavy load and I am thinking about putting these tyres on the EV6.

I have experience that with diesel the usage raises with winter tyres, but have no clue at all what this means to an electric car.

Does anyone have such experience?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I think you might be the first to tell us all, maybe? In terms of the losses it should be similar or slightly higher than the diesel due to the additional weight of the EV6. I've not seen this documented but I'd like to know. Winter tyres are brilliant and probable more use than AWD below 15 degrees.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I can only speak from my Bolt and using the Nokian Hakkapeliitta R3 with winter rims. Yes, there was a hit in range, but I can't really say how much due to it really not affecting my use of the vehicle. Really, the bigger thing I noticed was just increased road noise due to the tire being winter tires, but the safety increase they offer makes it worth it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts