Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I have some issue with my car from 12v battery first week. they changed the 12V battery and inverter but preheat does not work. i see my rear window get defrost but not front window.
My car was at workshop during 12 battery change and invertor swap during that they did some software update to fix my 12v battery issue, since that my 12v battery did not die but preheat still does not work. since software update is done, i feel when i am at minimum level of climate control, it seems bit noisy compare to before update. and during driving also i feel more sound than before update. i dont know what is the issue. does someone has noise problem ?

·
Registered
534 Posts
Based on the experience of others the Pre-Heat issue will not be fixed by the HVAC Inverter swap. This is still outstanding I believe. There is a work around using the Key Fob which I have found to work. It's not perfect and it is manual.

Re the Sounds it might be that you have the 20211212 version of the firmware which had some issues with sounds and noises and the lates which from memory is 20220107 should resolve these issues.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Based on the experience of others the Pre-Heat issue will not be fixed by the HVAC Inverter swap. This is still outstanding I believe. There is a work around using the Key Fob which I have found to work. It's not perfect and it is manual.

Re the Sounds it might be that you have the 20211212 version of the firmware which had some issues with sounds and noises and the lates which from memory is 20220107 should resolve these issues.
Last time I checked (yesterday) Kia had pulled the 20220107 update and reverted to the December version.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Some people have said their heating is fine but I'm not clear if that includes pre-heating or pre-conditioning the cabin from the App. Everything is fine if you don't use it...
I do not have any heating issues when driving. It seems to me from the reports I have read that HVAC problems mainly start when using the app. The fact that pre-heating works using the key fob method leads me to believe the problem is with the app and not the car. The app has many issues (try looking at your energy consumption) and clearly has not been adequately tested with the EV6 though it works with the eNiro. I do not believe the app is a part of the EV6 package from Kia (i.e. it is an "extra") and therefore not something I would expect is covered by the warranty. A few of us have I know contacted the app developer with problems and it is reported that an update will be issued in February.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I reported the pre-heat malfunction to Kia in the Kia Connect app. The next day I got an email telling me that they don’t know the reason for this malfunction yet, but that it’s top priority to find it and to find a solution.

I hope that many of you out there make sure to report problems directly to Kia.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts