Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to Kia and EV's. My car came last week midday, as I was on nights I plugged it in to my Project EV charger. Turned the charger on and asked the car to charge via the app with no issues. It did a couple of hours and all was great.
The last two days I have parked the car, handbrake on etc plugged it in and the car doesn't charge. My wall box is green and connected, the car indicates its plugged in, the app flips between not connected and charging fail.

Can anybody give me a heads up. I have no scheduled charging set up via Charging app or Kia connect.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi, I'm new to Kia and EV's. My car came last week midday, as I was on nights I plugged it in to my Project EV charger. Turned the charger on and asked the car to charge via the app with no issues. It did a couple of hours and all was great.
The last two days I have parked the car, handbrake on etc plugged it in and the car doesn't charge. My wall box is green and connected, the car indicates its plugged in, the app flips between not connected and charging fail.

Can anybody give me a heads up. I have no scheduled charging set up via Charging app or Kia connect.

Thanks in advance
Have you tried charging at a public charger? This should tell you if it’s your home charger or the car that is the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
There’s a high probability that it’s the charger or the connection to the charger that causes it under load. I would ask an electrician to test it.
Try reducing the charge rate to medium.
My home level 2 charger was being overloaded as my ev6 on highest charge setting was tripping the charger
In settings in car reduced to medium and it is working perfectly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you tried charging at a public charger? This should tell you if it’s your home charger or the car that is the problem.
Hi, thanks for advice. Yes just charged it at a 32amp public charger and it did charge. Obviously slower. Just managed to contact the charger people who have done some adjustments to the charger for e.g. making it plug and charge only and updating the charger firmware. No luck yet. Then see below as I'll respond as I tick off everyone's advice. Thanks again

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Try reducing the charge rate to medium.
My home level 2 charger was being overloaded as my ev6 on highest charge setting was tripping the charger
In settings in car reduced to medium and it is working perfectly.
Interesting.. mine says reduced not medium maybe it's the EU version. It did appear to take longer to think about it. When it stops raining will try at the minimal rate and get back to you.

Also I did notice the ccs slot still had a very thin sheet of plastic on it so that's been removed too.

Thanks for advice keep going if you can. Its a salary sacrifice car so I'm keen to sort this myself rather than send it away for a week or more if its a simple job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts