Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thinking,

It maybe useful to have a thread listing things people need to check is working befoe taking there new pride and joy away from the dealers.

A list of check this works or check that works.

Yes we all know to go around the inside and outside of the car checking for marks and damage but what I am talking is a list of items to look for,

For example, what version of software should we be on.
Does this button work.
Heating.

For those of you lucky to have your car maybe you can share this so it will assist others.

Thank you.

Reactions: Jock55

·
Super Moderator
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
So anyone who has there car please post up as it will assist others when there time to collect come up.#

Thanks all.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It's a good idea and I have been waiting for others to post first.
I haven't got my car yet......due in 3 - 4 weeks, however, I've been jotting down notes over a number of months as I think "that's handy".
So in no particular order, my notes :-

Obviously, check for scratches in bodywork and glass.
Lift bonnet and tailgate to ensure nothing obvious is there/missing and all shipping plastic removed.
Ask dealer to confirm all technical and infotainment updates are done.
Check seats operate, in particular that rear seats drop down from actuators behind seats.
Check rear centre armrest is fitted correctly and not sagging.
Ask for service costs/deals - what MUST I do to maintain warranty.
Turn winter mode off to ensure best mileage.
Turn overseas lights off. to ensure lights dip correct way.
Check new mats are there (included for me).
Connect to Kia app with dealer.
Register Kia warranty with dealer.
Check charging cable are present. I think two ?
Have UIP units been replace...if necessary...to stop false alarms.
Are tyre pressures correct.
Dealer to confirm GardX external and internal treatment done (included for me) and what is ongoing maintenance/washing requirements.
Is the handbook present....I hope there is a paper one !
If applicable, is temporary insurance, by dealer, in place to drive home.
Dealer not to stick advertising banners on or in car.
When is new reg. Number (V5) available as I need this to enable my new private plates to be made.

Some trivial stuff, sorry, but if it helps jog someone's memory, it might not be.

·
Registered
Kia EV6 First Edition Matte Grey
33 Posts
Make sure they apply any incentives or POP rebates. This might mean the $7500 fed incentive if you are leasing (I know some people said that dealerships are not including that but should still ask). In California, there is a $750 rebate applied right as you buy (you would think it's automatic but my dealership already printed out final paperwork for me to sign before I could ask about it). Some dealerships will also fill out the DMV paperwork for HOV lane sticker for you (again California thing, not sure about other states).

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
716 Posts
There's a decent list here, but honestly I'd focus more on items that you might have a warranty dispute over. E.g. whether something was delivered with the car that should be (charger / cargo cover) could lead to dispute. Any external damage (paint / glass). Anything that could be damaged or misaligned (doors, charging door). etc.

Also good to check anything that's safety related - visually inspect tire pressures and so on. But if you feel like being anal and annoying your dealer (or just want to spend some time checking it out after you receive the keys but before you leave the lot), this list is pretty comprehensive. Just add in the Kia extras above what Ford provides:

·
Registered
390 Posts
Here's my checklist....

Check exterior for dents/scratches
Check interior for marks/scuffs
Check charging cable/granny charger is there
Check V2L adaptor is there
Drive home.

The less time I spend at the dealership the better. Anything I find afterwards they can fix later.

Reactions: Montanero

·
Super Moderator
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's my checklist....

Check exterior for dents/scratches
Check interior for marks/scuffs
Check charging cable/granny charger is there
Check V2L adaptor is there
Drive home.

The less time I spend at the dealership the better. Anything I find afterwards they can fix later.
Would you not want to check that the most upto date software is installed for example, nothing more annoying to me then having to keep booking the car at the dealers to get this sort of issue resolved which should be done before hand over.

This is just an example of what I was asking. (y)

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'll ask them to make sure it's updated before pickup which I'm sure they'd do anyway. But when I go to pick up my car, I don't want to hang around another hour or so whilst they do any updates they may have missed, so no, I'm not that bothered about making sure it's done on pickup. If they hadn't applied an update, would you hang around the dealer waiting whilst they did it?

I'm fortunate that I can walk to my dealer from work in about 20 minutes so can easily drop the car off and walk back to the office whilst they do their stuff.

But on pickup day, I just want the keys to get home and play. Anything else can wait :)

·
Super Moderator
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll ask them to make sure it's updated before pickup which I'm sure they'd do anyway. But when I go to pick up my car, I don't want to hang around another hour or so whilst they do any updates they may have missed, so no, I'm not that bothered about making sure it's done on pickup. If they hadn't applied an update, would you hang around the dealer waiting whilst they did it?

I'm fortunate that I can walk to my dealer from work in about 20 minutes so can easily drop the car off and walk back to the office whilst they do their stuff.

But on pickup day, I just want the keys to get home and play. Anything else can wait :)
Your lucky being 20 minutes away from your dealer, for me its a 30 minute drive on a good day each way or an hour each way normally so if I had to wait an hour it would be easier on the day then a 2-3 hour return and having to sit and wait anyway.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Check the entire inside for damage on collection is a biggie, I mean check for everything.

I drove away with a chip out of the centre console under the arm rest someone had pulled the protective plastic off the piano black trim, it was caught under a white trim and chipped it, dealer now having to replace the entire centre console trim.... wait for it...... £400+ for the parts and 3 hours fitting time to fix it. Dealer won't be doing that again in hurry. Small issue I know, never even seen but its damage not caused by me on a nearly £50k car

I think the piano black protective plastic film was stuck under the white trim. at the factory, it was then pulled off by the dealer to prep the car, and took a little bit off as the film came off as there was still film stick under the white section and black sections when I collected the car. Photos take straight away and back to the dealers before I even drive 2 miles.

Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
203 Posts

Agree....I want to get in the car and drive it home as soon as possible.
A number of items on my list will hopefully get sorted before the day I pick it up as I intend to visit the dealer before pick up day. Indeed there may be a preliminary inspection on the day it's delivered to them, before they start removing plastic etc.......and ensuring updates. Although , these may have been done in the 3 planned 'workshop' days at the port.

I've added V2L to my list, thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts

This may be good for you, but this is a generic list that should be a good reminder for all. I live 58 miles from the nearest dealer (one way) and that's over an hour's drive for me. So I shall be taking the checklist when complete and emailing a copy to the dealer to advise him that these are the things that I'll be checking when I come to collect the car and could he ensure that he has his people do the same BEFORE I arrive! No excuses then. If you are or have been a JLR vehicle owner, you learn from these things. I have had over a total of over £350,000 worth of vehicles from the local JLR dealer over the years and they still got it wrong on every occasion!

Reactions: Logicpro8

·
Registered
20 Posts
It's a good idea and I have been waiting for others to post first.
I haven't got my car yet......due in 3 - 4 weeks, however, I've been jotting down notes over a number of months as I think "that's handy".
So in no particular order, my notes :-

Obviously, check for scratches in bodywork and glass.
Lift bonnet and tailgate to ensure nothing obvious is there/missing and all shipping plastic removed.
Ask dealer to confirm all technical and infotainment updates are done.
Check seats operate, in particular that rear seats drop down from actuators behind seats.
Check rear centre armrest is fitted correctly and not sagging.
Ask for service costs/deals - what MUST I do to maintain warranty.
Turn winter mode off to ensure best mileage.
Turn overseas lights off. to ensure lights dip correct way.
Check new mats are there (included for me).
Connect to Kia app with dealer.
Register Kia warranty with dealer.
Check charging cable are present. I think two ?
Have UIP units been replace...if necessary...to stop false alarms.
Are tyre pressures correct.
Dealer to confirm GardX external and internal treatment done (included for me) and what is ongoing maintenance/washing requirements.
Is the handbook present....I hope there is a paper one !
If applicable, is temporary insurance, by dealer, in place to drive home.
Dealer not to stick advertising banners on or in car.
When is new reg. Number (V5) available as I need this to enable my new private plates to be made.

Some trivial stuff, sorry, but if it helps jog someone's memory, it might not be.
Thank you so much! I’m picking up tomorrow, and, with some labor, was able to get this printed. It will be my checklist.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts