Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Wonder how much a GT-Line S AWD with HP is worth used?

Mine was about £3k cheaper as there was another price rise of about £600 and delivery went up £50, I did add a couple of bits to make and paid just over £54k, but with paint the new price would be £56,770 now or £57,069 with the 'Base pack', which I assume is mats, warning triangle, hi-vis jacket and standard bulb kit :rolleyes: (Hmm, LED?!?!)

There is a GT-Line in Red RWD on Autotrader at the moment with delivery miles for a measly £54,995, which is £7,800 over RRP :oops: it looks a bit like the the USA MSRP thing, but for a registered car.

• Wow
Reactions: Durham EV6

·
Registered
226 Posts
Given the way everything else is going up, and remembering that this is effectively the 2nd price rise in a few months, its possible this is not the last rise we will see this year.

I wonder what the list price of mine will be when I get it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
It went up globally, it's due to the battery production cost increased. My dealer was hesitant to give me an offer before he knew where they would land.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,994 Posts
There is a GT-Line in Red RWD on Autotrader at the moment with delivery miles for a measly £54,995, which is £7,800 over RRP :oops: it looks a bit like the the USA MSRP thing, but for a registered car.
And is why its still for sale. ;)

·
Registered
226 Posts
It some one wants an EV6 so bad that they are prepared to pay over £7K+ over the listed price, I say fair play to the guy that is selling it, as long as its a private sale.

I'm thankful that we have some legislation here that stops dealers doing that, the price gouging by US dealers is horrible looking.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I'm thankful that we have some legislation here that stops dealers doing that, the price gouging by US dealers is horrible looking.
What legislation is that? Businesses can sell above RRP as long as that is the price they advertise at. I'm not aware of any legislation that stops them doing that.

Reactions: Jock55

·
Registered
150 Posts
It some one wants an EV6 so bad that they are prepared to pay over £7K+ over the listed price, I say fair play to the guy that is selling it, as long as its a private sale.

Not sure about UK, but in the US a buyer moving from a mid mileage SUV to the EV6 would save around $350 a month in fuel costs. So 7k might be a bit high but you could definitely justify 3-4k to get the car today instead of waiting 12 months for a new one on order. (Using UK wait times, and US values for the example)

Here, used EV6 are ALL selling above MSRP and the original buyer claims the $7500 federal tax credit. So a used buyer may well end up spending between $7.5k and $20k more than a new one. Here, they are still taking orders and most are being quoted 3-4 months for delivery. Makes less sense here, than UK or Canada but people buy them used, too.

I don't buy breakfast cereal at the local supermarket because it's over $6 a box. It's less than $4 a box at a store about 3 minutes further away. But I do see lots of people buying it in quantity at the higher price. Is it convenience, impulse, ignorance, or another factor? Seems silly to pay a 50% premium right?

Some dealers will sell an EV at MSRP. Most are not. Manufacturers prices are only going up along with interest rates and shipping costs.

Everyone I know paid exactly MSRP for their Tesla. But then the price of their most affordable car increased by $10k just this year in the US.

·
Registered
226 Posts
What legislation is that? Businesses can sell above RRP as long as that is the price they advertise at. I'm not aware of any legislation that stops them doing that.
To be fair that was a guess on my part, I’ve never personally seen or heard of it happening, are you aware of people being asked by a dealer for more than the rrp ?

·
Registered
441 Posts
To be fair that was a guess on my part, I’ve never personally seen or heard of it happening, are you aware of people being asked by a dealer for more than the rrp ?
It doesn't really happen in the UK and I've no idea why. Maybe it's just a "British" thing where we wouldn't do it and it's something that has continued and is now just common practice. I don't know of anybody who has been asked to pay more than RRP by a dealer.

The RRP is just as it says, a recommended price set by the distributor. Now anybody could sell at more than that if they wanted to but they would have to advertise it at a higher price. You're not allowed to advertise a price and then sell for more when the customer wants to order.

Reactions: tangey

·
Registered
441 Posts
Think mine has gone up by £3.5k'ish.

·
Super Moderator
1,994 Posts
If that's the case they are breaking the law as its a Garage?

·
Super Moderator
1,994 Posts
It doesn't really happen in the UK and I've no idea why. Maybe it's just a "British" thing where we wouldn't do it and it's something that has continued and is now just common practice. I don't know of anybody who has been asked to pay more than RRP by a dealer.

The RRP is just as it says, a recommended price set by the distributor. Now anybody could sell at more than that if they wanted to but they would have to advertise it at a higher price. You're not allowed to advertise a price and then sell for more when the customer wants to order.
Happens all the time when there is short supply and a dealer can get away with this, when Jaguar first brought out the F-pace to lots of great reviews I witnessed dealers marking up the first edition by upto 10K above.

I am sure its more common then we think just we do not go looking that hard as were only interested in the cars were buying.

;) :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Remember, the price of used cars is still through the roof.

So if you can sell your car now for a nice big premium, it's worth paying extra to get a EV6 now. If you wait 6-12 months to pay MSRP, your used car may not no longer sell for that premium.

·
Registered
226 Posts

As you say maybe it’s just not the ‘done thing’ and possibly the mainstream marques have something about it in their dealership agreements.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Pleased I got mine when I did 🤤 great price, and charging for free at work.

Got a red mini cooper petrol, driven it twice this year, and could have sold it 10 times this week. It's costing me nothing, so I'll be keeping that.

The Kia EV6 is the best decision I've made in years. Test drove many in September 2021 to satisfy my mind, but it was always the EV6. 3,300 miles clicked so far, love it 😉

Only seen 5 others on the road, two down south, 2 in Dublin, and one in Keswick.

Most people think it's some kind of spaceship 🚀 🤣

·
Registered
87 Posts

I think the expression a Brit would use if a dealer tried to charge more than the listed price would be "You're f*&$ing taking the piss, mate!"

1 - 20 of 25 Posts