Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got my order in the day before the increase as the dealer told me that it was going up the next day. Black EV6 GT line AWD which should arrive around 1Q 2023.

But funny enough he had a Black GT line RWD arriving in early August 2022 so I took that as well. But I had to pay the new list price plus £2k which makes it more expensive than my AWD due 1Q next year :) . I figure it will be cheaper overall than keeping my BMW 520d mild hybrid which is starting to drop in price now and I get it in a few weeks while they are still very rare. Hopefully six months depreciation on the RWD will not drop below the new list price when I part exchange it for my new AWD arriving in Q1 2023 for less...... We will see!

The way dealers are doing it is by registering them and then selling above book value. It makes it more complicated but it allows the dealer to make some extra profit. Its the second brand new one that I've seen like this. Both went for £2k above book for a brand new one but as second owner.

The first garage that I saw this method in and had contacted was when I saw their advert in Autotrader last week. I rang the same day but they had closed and I emailed them. When I talked to them the next morning a guy was already signing the forms at the dealer and it turned out that I was the 46th person to enquire by the time my email had arrived the first day! Incredible really and why I took the one coming in August from my local dealer above book price when he mentioned it.

Like most of you guys I chose the EV6 after trying every EV out there first. It was an easy choice after driving them! For me the Mach E was closest to it but their £5k increase earlier this year meant that I never looked at it again and it was just a question of which EV6 :).

·
Registered
226 Posts
Dealer told me several dealers got told off my KIA UK, as they got wind of the price increase a day early and did a lot of pretend orders to get them at the old price, to sell them at a higher price (I guess selling them as pre-registered) . KIA UK cancelled every order that came in that day from all dealers.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Auto Trader UK - New and Used Cars For Sale
This one is definitely a price increase! Don't know if it belongs to someone on here but as far as I can tell, its a RWD GT-Line (a bit like a GT-Line GT1 spec in the US I think). Was about £43,500 or so new, on original pricing I think. I know my GT-Line RWD is £46k with extra lighting, tailgate trim line, matts, boot liner, Gen3 Ceramic, service plan etc. Fair play, it will probably sell in a couple of days even with an £8k mark up!

·
Registered
EV6 GT Line AWD in Yacht Blue, UK '22' plate
47 Posts
My spec is now £4,000 more than I paid for it - and AutoTrader values mine at £2,000 more than I paid!

It’s my first ever new car, and I’ve managed to avoid the thing I was most apprehensive about: the devaluation as soon as you drive it off the forecourt. Looks like I bought at exactly the right time…

21 - 25 of 25 Posts