Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
47 Posts
Let’s hope KIA does the smart thing and offer better lease deals. My e tron deal ended up being under $600 with taxes included, with a $4k down payment and almost $20k in incentives including a Costco rebate. What makes no sense to me is why they make this a tax incentive other than a straight rebate to get most people to buy the car. If you lease and the leasing company passes it on as a discount, you are benefiting from the full amount. However, if you don’t have a $7500 tax liability, you won’t be fully benefitting. Those purchasing should get that as an additional discount to entice them to purchase. Just my thoughts.
You are 100% correct. I am only leasing it to then buy it out. LOL

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sort of like the Stinger lease incentives back in the day. I know a number of us took advantage of that. I’m hoping KIA will also do some great lease deals along with the EV incentive to make this better than the others, value wise.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sort of like the Stinger lease incentives back in the day. I know a number of us took advantage of that. I’m hoping KIA will also do some great lease deals along with the EV incentive to make this better than the others, value wise.
Yes Sir, exactly that! I tried to start a trend of helping people save money! Hahaha

Honestly, given the current auto climate, I don't expect any real incentives outside of the tax credit. Just too few cars to sell at the current time.

·
Registered
74 Posts
True, you certainly did.

This is another reason for me wanting to wait a bit until things gets better to determine when to look into the next EV. At present, it is the EV6 that has my attention. If I could afford it, the Lucid Air with its 500+ miles range would be the one I would want.

·
Registered
47 Posts
True, you certainly did.

This is another reason for me wanting to wait a bit until things gets better to determine when to look into the next EV. At present, it is the EV6 that has my attention. If I could afford it, the Lucid Air with its 500+ miles range would be the one I would want.
I'll bet that thing weighs 5,000 pounds with that many batteries!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Probably but my e tron weighs more and can’t do half of that range. It’s almost 5800 lbs but word is the platform should shift to an EV instead of a modified ICE, by 2023 and the range will be over 300 miles.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE - Glacier White
18 Posts
You are 100% correct. I am only leasing it to then buy it out. LOL
That is my thought if the FEs turn out to worth keeping and maybe even a little on the collector side being limited editions. Time will tell.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts