Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kia says the EV6's regenerative braking is operated by paddle shifters behind the steering wheel.

There will be be 6 regenerative braking levels to choose from - none, 1 to 3, ‘i-PEDAL’, or auto mode.

Energy recuperation

Maximizing driving range and efficiency

The EV6 is fitted with energy-recuperation technologies to maximize driving range. This includes Kia’s latest-generation energy-efficient heat pump, which scavenges waste heat from the car’s coolant system. This ensures that at minus seven degrees Celsius the car can achieve 80% of the range that would be possible at 25 degrees Celsius.

Also featured is the latest generation of Kia’s smart regenerative braking system, which is operated by paddle shifters behind the steering wheel so drivers can quickly and easily slow the car and recuperate kinetic energy to maximize driving range and efficiency. Drivers can choose from six regenerative braking levels (none, 1 to 3, ‘i-PEDAL’, or auto mode), depending on the desired level of energy recuperation. The system’s ‘i-PEDAL’ driving mode also allows the car to harvest the maximum amount of energy from its brakes, and enables the driver to bring the car to a gentle halt without needing to push the brake pedal.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Kia says the EV6's regenerative braking is operated by paddle shifters behind the steering wheel.

There will be be 6 regenerative braking levels to choose from - none, 1 to 3, ‘i-PEDAL’, or auto mode.

Energy recuperation

Maximizing driving range and efficiency

The EV6 is fitted with energy-recuperation technologies to maximize driving range. This includes Kia’s latest-generation energy-efficient heat pump, which scavenges waste heat from the car’s coolant system. This ensures that at minus seven degrees Celsius the car can achieve 80% of the range that would be possible at 25 degrees Celsius.

Also featured is the latest generation of Kia’s smart regenerative braking system, which is operated by paddle shifters behind the steering wheel so drivers can quickly and easily slow the car and recuperate kinetic energy to maximize driving range and efficiency. Drivers can choose from six regenerative braking levels (none, 1 to 3, ‘i-PEDAL’, or auto mode), depending on the desired level of energy recuperation. The system’s ‘i-PEDAL’ driving mode also allows the car to harvest the maximum amount of energy from its brakes, and enables the driver to bring the car to a gentle halt without needing to push the brake pedal.
@SoulMan Does the i-PEDAL regen actually transition to a true gentle halt or does it continuous slow roll until it approaches another object? And is that the same as 1 pedal options with other BEVs.

·
Registered
18 Posts
@SoulMan Does the i-PEDAL regen actually transition to a true gentle halt or does it continuous slow roll until it approaches another object? And is that the same as 1 pedal options with other BEVs.
I-pedal is the same as 1 pedal.

try youtube and 'ioniq 5'.
There are a lot of test video's of this car.
Of course, Kia can do things different, but a lot will be the same.
like this one (in german)

Or this one in english:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I-pedal is the same as 1 pedal.

try youtube and 'ioniq 5'.
There are a lot of test video's of this car.
Of course, Kia can do things different, but a lot will be the same.
like this one (in german)

Or this one in english:
Yes clearly different. Its been while but I could still understand 75-80 percent of the Deutch, his and Mike's were both very informative. Unfortunately almost enough enticement, hope it doesn't but should the EV6 order process tomorrow bomb out. I may just put down the payment and pursue the Ioniq5.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts