Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that there is a lot of confusion about the roof-racks for EV6. Some people say that there are no roof-racks available now or perhaps ever. Some people say that since the roof load is specified, roof-racks are definitely coming at some point. The confusion seems to extend to the importer / dealer levels as well since the information about this depends on who you ask. Nobody seems to be able to give a definite answer to this simple question.

It would be really important to know this for sure, as roof-racks are crucial to so many potential buyers. Does anybody known anything about this or does someone have contact information for a source that can actually answer this simple question?

For background information, EV6's sibling model Hyundai Ioniq 5 seems to have roof racks available that you can readily buy:

Ioniq 5 Roof racks

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Without wishing to be rude........why would you buy a streamlined, energy saving car and stick a sail on top of it ;)
Well, as we all know there are thousands of reasons for that. Of course you could get the wanted equipment there with a trailer, but that wastes energy even more. In any case, I have seen prom images where one loads e-bikes with the V2L of EV6 in the middle of nowhere, but that ain't so practical if you need another vehicle to get those bikes there in the first place.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Some how it seems that there is no roof load accepted from Kia.. It was mentioned in some German spec but not in any official manual from Kia. Also Yakima is listing Ioniq5 in their products but not EV6. It could be possible that Ev6 is not applicable for roof racks at all.. Interesting to see if any roof rack manufactures are making those if Kia does not inform roof load or approve roof load.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Some how it seems that there is no roof load accepted from Kia.. It was mentioned in some German spec but not in any official manual from Kia. Also Yakima is listing Ioniq5 in their products but not EV6. It could be possible that Ev6 is not applicable for roof racks at all.. Interesting to see if any roof rack manufactures are making those if Kia does not inform roof load or approve roof load.
At least the Swedish spec sheet states that maximum roof load is 80kg for all versions.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I think many of us have asked this same question and been frustrated that no clear answer is forthcoming. The car is in production so surely they know. One option is the sea sucker SeaSucker especially if we now know that there is a rated load of 80kg.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was in Kia in Reading yesterday and their salesperson assured me that there would be a roof rack for the car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Without wishing to be rude........why would you buy a streamlined, energy saving car and stick a sail on top of it ;)
Maybe, just maybe, once a year a family may wish to use one. Or maybe put a bike on top. Why wouldn’t it have roof bars available? Seems an omission from Kia.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts