Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm also very close to buying this car - but roof racks are necessary for me. I wrote to Thule and Yakima but nobody answers. My Czech KIA dealer said that there will be roof racks in 6 months in collaboration with one Czech company. When I asked this company - nobody knows about it. So I don't trust anyone.
Please - does anyone have news about roof racks for Kia EV6 please ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Slightly off topic but still related to the roof.. Is there no panoramic roof option? I don't see any reference to it in the FE specs.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Slightly off topic but still related to the roof.. Is there no panoramic roof option? I don't see any reference to it in the FE specs.
Depending on the trim, there is a "panoramic" roof option, but it's really just a regular sunroof. It's not a large two-piece sunroof with glass that extends back over the rear passenger area, like what most car companies call "panoramic". The only thing about this sunroof that is larger than most "regular" sunroofs is the outside glass panel is relatively large (much larger than the actual inside opening). Which makes me question how easily roof rails would fit on one equipped with the sunroof.
Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle
Automotive tire Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Car

·
Registered
13 Posts
Without wishing to be rude........why would you buy a streamlined, energy saving car and stick a sail on top of it ;)
this is a valid question - see this article
How Rooftop Carriers Affect Fuel Economy for Cars and SUVs
for actual test data showing 9% to 19% decrease in mileage (e.g. range) on a Nissan Altima. With bars that are permanently fixed as Nissan seems to do and as the EV6 seems to be set up for, you take n immediate permanent range and efficiency hit.

ergo, I would propose that rather than penalize every km you drive by having bars, get a tine trailer for when you actually need it and leave the car all slippery the rest of the time. Depending on your use case, this might be much better. Or not 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
13 Posts
for actual test data showing 9% to 19% decrease in mileage (e.g. range) on a Nissan Altima. With bars that are permanently fixed as Nissan seems to do and as the EV6 seems to be set up for, you take n immediate permanent range and efficiency hit.

ergo, I would propose that rather than penalize every km you drive by having bars, get a tine trailer for when you actually need it and leave the car all slippery the rest of the time. Depending on your use case, this might be much better. Or not 🤷‍♂️
Argh. TINY trailer, not tine.

·
Registered
102 Posts

I don't see a problem. Surely folk only put it on for a specific need and then stow under the boot floor?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't see a problem. Surely folk only put it on for a specific need and then stow under the boot floor?
If you can find a nice strap-secured like in that photo, yes. But I was assuming that the only other option is one that involves removing a piece of the embedded roof rail and a dozen or so bolts.
hopefully I can expand on this in a couple weeks when we take delivery

·
Registered
102 Posts
If you can find a nice strap-secured like in that photo, yes. But I was assuming that the only other option is one that involves removing a piece of the embedded roof rail and a dozen or so bolts.
hopefully I can expand on this in a couple weeks when we take delivery
Yes please, keep us posted on any options you discover. Elsewhere on the forum someone suggested that Thule are working on a solution.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thule show a clamp (Evo 710500) and various bar options if you enter the vehicle in their search. Looks like it has a clip under the top of the window rubber and the roof section engages with the slight lip at the roof edge

·
Registered
65 Posts
Seen on Facebook. Looks like photo from Korea judging by sign in background.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
14 Posts
Does anyone know the length of the roof from the top of the windshield to the hinge in the rear? I ask because my existing Thule Evolution 2100 roof box may be too long and I don't want it to hang over the windshield too much because that creates the most drag.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thule show a clamp (Evo 710500) and various bar options if you enter the vehicle in their search. Looks like it has a clip under the top of the window rubber and the roof section engages with the slight lip at the roof edge
That‘s what I’ve bought, including the fitting kit and Halfords aero bars. I’ll be getting a 570l Halfords roof box as well after I sell all the tow bar mounted stuff I used before on my Sorento.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That‘s what I’ve bought, including the fitting kit and Halfords aero bars. I’ll be getting a 570l Halfords roof box as well after I sell all the tow bar mounted stuff I used before on my Sorento.
Any news on your roof bars ? I have a EV6 GT Line S on order (so will have the sunroof) and would be interested to know what will fit. Ideally I'd like to be able to fit my existing Halfords Exodus aero bars, but if worst comes to worst I could try the Thule feet/clamps and aero bars fi they will work with the sunroof...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Any news on your roof bars ? I have a EV6 GT Line S on order (so will have the sunroof) and would be interested to know what will fit. Ideally I'd like to be able to fit my existing Halfords Exodus aero bars, but if worst comes to worst I could try the Thule feet/clamps and aero bars fi they will work with the sunroof...
I have the bars, just not the car - picking it up on Saturday :)

21 - 40 of 40 Posts