Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all, I ordered my EV6 GT Line RWD (no heat pump) at the beginning of November and I'm beginning to wonder if they actually exist?

I've seen all the other colours either in the flesh (as I do reasonably high mileage across the UK), either on the road, the back of a delivery wagon or via the internet on a car sales website / review or other forums, but never the Matte grey, and certainly not in GT Line spec.

My dealer still cant give me a build slot and I'm beginning to wonder if they exist, have any of my similar model/colour buyers had the same issue as they appear rarer than hens teeth lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, Ordered my EV6 GT line AWD in Steel Grey 4 weeks ago & was told Mid July latest. With build dates reducing! However im not holding my breath. Probably end up being August in which case they can stick it in the showroom til September for the new reg. Crazy lead times at the moment! I too didnt bother with Heat pump, no point in this country.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi, Ordered my EV6 GT line AWD in Steel Grey 4 weeks ago & was told Mid July latest. With build dates reducing! However im not holding my breath. Probably end up being August in which case they can stick it in the showroom til September for the new reg. Crazy lead times at the moment! I too didnt bother with Heat pump, no point in this country.
Yes, September sounds about right. 6 month minimum lead-time at the moment... well, that's what I was told.😞

·
Registered
339 Posts
Mines due at the end of May and I ordered 5th May 21!!!

Think any GT-Line S orders are now due Q1 2023 at the minimum.

Kia UK don't have any real delivery dates only guestimates!

·
Registered
5 Posts
As stated in my earlier post I ordered my gt line awd steel matt grey in mid Jan was told July delivery. Actually received it just 12 weeks later 1st week April! Even the dealer was gobsmacked. Must of had the last car they squeezed on the boat. According to the dealer Kia decided to build all 2022 uk allocated car's in one hit then concentrate on bigger world markets to clear the back log.
Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Sky Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
3,004 Posts
Seen a few Grey ones around where I live, less Blue then any other colour.

·
Super Moderator
3,004 Posts
Yeah had now for 4 weeks and hand washed 3 times. Might get fed up in winter. But comes up really good finish.
You thought of any paint protection of any sorts as this colour is not the easiest to work with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just had a call from my dealer. Steel Matte Grey ordered 3rd March. Prior communication quoted delivery Dec 22. Now has said that there is an 18-24 month delay for this particular colour. Others are saying that the colour has been discontinued. What's the truth? If I go for another colour will I go to the back of the queue?? Very dissapointed (to say the least!)

·
Super Moderator
3,004 Posts
That's disgusting. If you do have to re-order make sure they honour the price as they had an increase start of April. Mines now over £800 more.
And make sure you keep your place in the order que.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So I cancelled mine, dealer has come back asking me to keep the order open as "there may be a chance it arrives in July still" but everything I'm reading here on these forums says it's not. If I'd been told 12 months when ordering, that's fine, but the constant slippages and then "you need to change the colour" I think has pushed me over the line. I actually followed a EV6 the day I cancelled. . had massive regret feeling at first, but I just don't see the point. I'll probably punt for the Ioniq 2023 upgrade at a similar price.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have just seen my gt line s matte grey at the dealership, picking up Tuesday.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts