Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Registered
85 Posts
Having not heard anything from my dealer for 2 months and having had a charger fitted this week, I thought I'd ask about the AWD GTL-S with HP order I placed on 23 Dec. Just like many others on this forum, the dealer now has no idea when it will go into production and his best guess estimate is perhaps 6 months for now. He did hint that production was being paused to iron out certain well known issues (e.g. HVAC pre-conditioning, weird noises from disengaged front motors in AWD versions, other quality glitches) & that of course is only going to make the delays worse. He confirmed that like many car manufacturers, Kia move to a new model year each Oct/Nov so I said to him that if my order ends up being scheduled for Aug/Sept production, I'd rather wait for the revised version to be launched. If it's any consolation (it isn't, but I'll share it anyway!), he said that even for hum-drum models such as the Picanto, delivery is now 26 weeks instead of 2-3 weeks. Ho-hum.......

· Registered
85 Posts
From the sales manager at our local Kia dealer today:
Thank you for choosing to order your new Kia EV6 from us – as an independent dealer group, we greatly appreciate your custom. It is for this reason that I thought to drop you a note regarding the extended vehicle lead times that we are currently experiencing.
In more usual times, your new Kia might already be on your driveway. Unfortunately Kia, along with all manufacturers, have experienced delays in the sourcing of parts and logistics.
The reasons for this are varied. Some countries from which parts are sourced are still affected by Covid shutdowns, and those that are recovering from the pandemic are experiencing difficulties in re-establishing their supply chains. The situation in Ukraine, and the resulting restrictions on Russian trade, have had further impact.
While not all vehicles are subject to unanticipated delays, forward guidance is increasingly difficult as build dates and transport logistics are subject to frequent change. To avoid giving information that later transpires to be inaccurate, many systems that usually provide delivery estimates are not currently available to us. This means that our teams don’t receive confirmed supply information until much later than usual.
Notwithstanding this, while you await the arrival of your car, your designated sales consultant will contact you from time to time as a matter of courtesy, and will convey any delivery information as soon as it is available to us.
In the meantime, may I take this opportunity to thank you for your continued patience and assure you that your custom is important to us.
Yours sincerely,

A.K.A. they haven't got a clue when the GTLS AWD with HP ordered on 23rd Dec is going to appear. I note too that a new Model Y Tesla moved from a July delivery to Sept last week. They are coming from China at the moment which, as you may know, prefers to shutter it's economy instead of admitting that a zero Covid policy is impossible to achieve and dealing with it accordingly.

· Registered
85 Posts
Just for general information I spoke with my dealer this morning having not called them for a couple of months. There's no news on my late Dec 21 order but I was told that their end-Nov orders are in production & delivery was expected next month. I was warned that there may not be a direct correlation in terms of timing, but that does sound a bit more promising. Also I note from the reservation tracking forum that orders with US dealers appear to be coming after 3-5 months. Tick-tock-tick-tock......:unsure:

· Registered
85 Posts
In case it's relevant, Ohme will supply a 7.5m cable now - that's what we had installed in the middle of the back wall of our double garage as it should future proof us for charge port locations on different vehicles, as well as being long enough to charge a visitor's EV. Having 2 chargers simultaneously creates havoc with the load on your consumer unit so it's worth considering if you have a double garage.

Reactions: Ianw68

· Registered
85 Posts
"I wonder if Kia UK ever look at this site? " - I doubt it - no need to when they can sell every EV6 they get many times over! And just remember, at least there are Kia dealers.........over at Tesla by contrast........their ordering "experience" makes any other car manufacturer look like saints........

· Registered
85 Posts
Has anyone taken delivery of their EV6 recently, or knows someone who has, or has been given a production date for delivery in 3Q? Just trying to gauge if any reached the UK in June & what the 3Q deliveries might look like. Not expecting mine till 4Q so the Model Y's (supposedly) Sept EDD might be taking amps from the Ohme charger first......

· Registered
85 Posts
It is now about 2 months since I picked up my GT Line S RWD(no HP), yacht blue EV6. I am thoroughly enjoy driving it. Not a great fan of the over sensitive Lane Keeping Assist(so disable that each time set off). Still spend a great deal of time having to consult the manual.
My main issue, however, is a few weeks after delivery, I had a Smart Tracker and immobiliser fitted and since then the car will never start on the first press of the EV button(sometimes it needs switching on and off at least 2 or more times) before it will engage either Drive or Reverse. I have contacted the Tracker firm and they have worked very hard to help solve the problem but so far not been successful. As well as the starting problem, remote parking assist no longer works either.
Just wondered if anyone else has encountered similar problems?
Interesting. Did you have the tracker fitted voluntarily or did your insurer require it & do you know if your vehicle was one of the 1st Smart Tracker had been installed on? I assumed, potentially incorrectly, that an EV6 could be remotely disabled by Kia but maybe that needs OTA update functionality.

Reactions: GeoW

· Registered
85 Posts
Talked to our local dealer today for my monthly update..........seems there's a bit of progression. Based on the orders he's had completed, he's thinking that my order could be in production at the moment & he's waiting to see a TDD (theoretical delivery date - a new acronym to me!).......well we'll see. Perhaps the EV6 & the MY will turn up close together. So the question is, which order should I cancel......?? Also he said that the current cars come with OTA updates but no wireless CP or AA yet.

· Registered
85 Posts
Got yesterday on the queue for a GT Line S. Dealer said end of march but in other forums some people said they ordered in Jan 22 and they say end of march to them too. Does anybody know who’s getting theirs delivered now when did they order?
yep, agree with Ian, roughly Oct-Dec 21 but my dealer also said this week that he's got a March 2022 order with a VIN number, although I don't know its spec. To date GTL-S AWD & especially with a heat pump have been the slowest to appear, and ditto the matt grey paint.

· Registered
85 Posts
According to my dealer, the vessel that recently stayed only a short time at Immingham (the Morning Cant?) apparently hit the dockside & trashed a crane which is why she was sent away PDQ across to Holland with her metaphoric tail between her rudders. This is why, as folks have commented, there's a bit of extra delay to their cars being available.

Mine is showing a Dec (so a year from order date) ETD. The dealer said that he's seeing same spec cars (i.e. AWD GTL-S, with HP) turning up c. 2 months earlier than the ordering system(before it goes into production) suggests it ought to. So Oct might be possible but absolutely no guarantees........

Meantime the Model Y I have on order is looking increasingly like it should arrive in Sept although if you think Kia's ordering system is unfathomable, Tesla's is a black box inside another black box inside another inside a concrete bunker....

· Registered
85 Posts
We ordered in late March and were told Q1 23, however now it's built and on a boat to the UK (As of last week).
I've no idea what MY it will be, but I guess we will see if/when it turns up at a dealer.
what spec did you order plse?

· Registered
85 Posts
Shame about the Meridian system as its the worst high end system i have had in a car, I have had many, Meridian have lowered there levels for sure as the same manufactures system in other cars have been unbelievable.

Would have been a good move by Meridian to distance themselves from the EV6 system in my opinion.
If you look at the comments below EV Odessey's latest post, one of them is saying someone on Facebook (I'm not a fan so can't check it) is suggesting Kia is going to drop Meridian. Bearing in mind Kia & Meridian have a new project in the form of the K8 limo, I kinda doubt that. That said, clearly a lot of EV6 owners who have the Meridian system are not happy with its sound quality and there have been way too many amp failures. Something needs to be done to fix it as undoubtedly it will damage Meridian's reputation more than Kia's. And we know that Meridian can do a really good job for other car manufacturers, e.g. Land Rover.

Reactions: 55.995

· Registered
85 Posts
I just tried my luck asking the dealer if it could be held for a 72 plate. This is the response:
No real surprise - the dealer will be getting so few cars through of any description (ICE, hybrid, EV) relative to pre-Covid/Brexit/Ukraine times that they will be desperate to register the sale. As others have said, it's a seller's market so if you don't want to take the car now, there's a long list of folks who will!

· Registered
85 Posts
Just to add - they can't just "sell on your car".

The order is registered to you - it should be sold to you. If they do threaten that I'd just state you'll raise that with Kia directly. . .
With respect they can sell it on if it's arrived & you've been invoiced but decline to pay for it. It's not sold to you when you order it. At least it's a bit better than getting a Tesla - then you have to pay for it within 48 hours of being invoiced and before it's arrived at one of their (often) windswept collection centres. If not, you lose it. It's down to the individual Kia dealer if they'll roll over a registration for the new plate. Some will, some won't, but they are unlikely to be so accommodating if you've not paid for it or if they are miles away from their sales targets.

· Registered
85 Posts
Does anybody know if the car color can be amended after the order being placed without it being put to the back of the queue again as a new order?
EV6 Order was placed via my employers lease scheme back in March and due to the matte grey being discontinued I had to pick a different color (white), but now having seen the yacht blue color in person I'd like to change it. The fleet company dealing with my order seem to be unable to get Kia to amend the order after chasing it on a couple of occasions. Does anybody have any Kia contacts who can assist with this?
I agree with @Ianw68 - I was told exactly the same thing by my dealer 10 days ago - your current order is cancelled & you go back to the start of the queue at today's price.

· Registered
85 Posts
I spoke to my dealer today. Still no build date for my mid-December 2021 order. When they contacted Kia, Kia returned a bulletin that said orders placed between October 2021 and July 2022 will be delivered between September and January 2023.
My dealer update for my order placed on 08 March 2022 is that those orders placed between Sept 2021 and January 2022 will be delivered between October 2022 and January 2023. When I questions the specifications it was a complete mixture of GT Line S AWD and the Air RWD models. I'm hoping for a notification of a build date around end September/Early October 2022 for my GT Line S AWD Glacier White with Heat Pump and Puddle Lamps.
Thank you
yep, that sort-of chimes with what my dealer is hinting (note, not saying), although his more negative twist on the saga suggests a Dec build date not delivery date, so Jan-Feb 23 arrival. That said, more bells & whistles = more delays particularly for RHD markets. Folks in the US seem to be getting theirs after "only" 4-6 months.

· Registered
85 Posts
I see matt at carwow has done a comparison between the EV6 and the toyota Bzx4. He came down on the side of the EV6. Also his 0-60 test got 4.74 secs. In an earlier review he got 4.86 secs.

Toyota are recalling all the Bzx4s made to date.......risk of a wheel falling off apparently.......ooops. That said the EV6 hasn't been without its issues as well.....

· Registered
85 Posts
I ordered on 5th January 22 gtline S Runway red no heat pump at dealers on 4th October so they tell me.
RWD or AWD?

· Registered
85 Posts
Yes thanks just been told that, you are quite right feel stupid not knowing, I also still have doubts will update if any further news.
Genuinely delighted for you but not holding my breath for a similar ETA despite the similar spec but blue & with a HP ordered a couple of weeks earlier. Plse can I ask which dealer you ordered yours through? Think mine (Oxford) might be quite a way down the pecking order in terms of importance and/or not be directly run by Kia - i.e. a franchise

· Registered
85 Posts
Ordered in Norfolk, It looks to me that the heat pump might be problematic not the dealer, if you look at the order dates with heat pumps around my date or seemingly before my date. Of course only speculation on my part.
yeah, more kit = more delays.......:cry:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts