Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

Registered
The industry is ill equipped to manage this crisis. For example, Jaguar thinks a good solution is to deliver cars to customers with features missing from the original order. That is desperation.
It appears that Polestar are doing exactly the same with deliveries of the Polestar2! You only get one key fob with a promise of another in the future. The auto opening boot feature will be dealer fitted at a later date, the list goes on and on. Not sure I would receive a car and a bunch of I.O.U.s!!!!

Reactions: jongodfrey

Registered
This tallies with what I was told when ordering on 17th January! Expect the car to arrive with dealer end of July/early August. I have told him that if it arrives in August, I don't want it registered until September, to catch the new (72) registration.

Registered
Should have inserted as English Pounds and the reader states that the dealer didn't want the Jaguar in part ex ...

View attachment 1849
Well, that seems one hell of a deal. I have just sold my I-Pace on Motorway. It was a 68 Reg (MY19) I-Pace HSE with 26,000 miles on the clock. It did have 2 previous owners as it was an ex-demo car from my JLR dealer, who I had purchased my last 4 vehicles from. It had 2,890 miles on the clock when I bought it for 拢69,000. I have just received 拢47,800 for it which I thought was a good deal at the time. The local KIA dealer said he really liked and wanted the car but the most he could give me was 拢44,000 for it and zero discount on the EV6. He said he understood that I would just go with the best offer. I have seen an I-Pace HSE of the same vintage (but higher mileage) on the forecourt of the JLR dealer priced up at 拢52,000!! The deal I have got so far has been more than fair and has exceeded my expectations. The "story" above seems a little incredible! And I agree with @jongodfrey that I-Paces are overpriced by at least 拢15,000, maybe even 拢20,000!

Reactions: jongodfrey

Registered
Does anyone know how long it takes for Kia to build an EV6?
Depends if it's on a Friday when the fresh kimchi is being delivered!!! 馃お馃槀馃え

• Haha
Reactions: Inforce

Registered
Or all of the above!!! :):p:D:ROFLMAO:

Registered

Registered
Can anyone recommend an insurance company that you feel offers a good price? Any suggestions would be most welcome, thanks.
Try Sheila's Wheels, they proved to be very reasonable when I switched away from Direct Line and their continual 15% rise in premiums every year for my I-Pace! SW have also given me a very reasonable estimate for insurance on the EV6 if it ever gets here!

Reactions: GeoW

Registered
Think it's probably because it's a lease company, us private buyers will probably have to wait though 馃槶 pleased for you though and hope your living it 馃榿
I agree and feel your pain. Just wish I hadn't got rid of the I-Pace so quickly! At least the interest rate may go up soon and the extra money may make paying for it when it arrives a little less painful. :cry:

Reactions: Ianw68

Registered
Get your dealer to send you a finance example as this will lock the interest rate for you.

This is what i did after the first rate went up.
I think we are at crossed purposes here (must be the euphoria at finally having had your car delivered)!! I am a cash buyer. The interest rate I was talking about is the bank interest rate where the money from the sale of the I-Pace is currently residing until the day of delivery of my EV6.......... If I live that long!

Registered
I couldn't afford a lease car!

Registered
My dealer said to me that the hand over will probably be very quick, as I would probably know more about the car than they do! :ROFLMAO:
So there is a dealer out there that tells the truth!!!!

Reactions: Ianw68 and Inforce

Registered
Very pleased for you @Inforce!! That's 1 Year and 20 Days delivery time. Can anyone beat that????

Registered
Hi Jock
It could be you
You're quite correct @ChrisF , it could be, or someone who ordered before, or after me! This delivery date thing is just a lottery. Nobody knows, not the dealers, not KIA UK, not even KIA in S.Korea at the moment. It all hangs on component availability from a global supply chain thats in tatters just now. :unsure:

Registered
Morning all, does anyone know the answers to the following questions:
1. How many EV6s have been delivered to the UK
2. How many orders are waiting fulfilment
3. How many are being delivered on each ship
Interesting questions.

I think the only place you are going to get some REAL answers is the SMMT database. I think that's updated monthly. However, I also think you need to be a member to query the database to the level you require. If you are friendly with a dealership or sales folk in a dealership, they may have access.

Registered

Registered
My dealer contacted me three days ago to say my car was in the country and had an estimated dealer delivery date of 6th July. (All of which I knew because I'd been tracking the Grand Pavo vehicle carrier). I don't think it will arrive until the 13th though based on other peoples experiences
Congratulations! They seem to be trickling through. This lifts my spirits as it gives me hope I shall receive my order one day in the future, if I am not too old to drive by the time it gets here!!o_O:LOL:

• Haha

Registered
@ev6fc Are you sure your Signature is correct? You can't have ordered a car in the future for delivery in the past!!!!! Think you have too many 22's, I understand, the waiting is starting to get to me now. Especially as I am having to spend 拢170 to fill the wife's car with petrol at the moment!

• Haha
Reactions: ev6fc

Registered
Tuesday will be two days short of 10 months since I placed my order - Its been difficult, and I came very close to giving up. If you all could see the smile on my face now, though. How am I going to wait ANOTHER two and a half days. :eek:

John
Congratulations @Anaglypta! 2.5 days should be just long enough to download all EV Odyssey's video clips from YT and prioritise your own vehicle set up. Really pleased for you. Good to see folk shuffling up the queue. Have FUN. 馃榿

Registered
@Jock55
I think your one and my one will be on the same boat, eventually.
Exactly the same car, but i ordered mine 4 days before you.
The 13th was the day that I was supposed to have a test drive, but delivery to the dealer didn't happen until 14th and they spent the weekend prepping it for the Monday morning (17th). Went for the test drive and ordered straight away on my return. I wouldn't buy any car without having seen it and at least sat in it! The dealer getting his demonstrator late should have been an omen!!! 馃槃

Which part of Scotland are you in! I stay in Golspie, Sutherland. Dicksons of Inverness is the closest dealer. They have been quite good so far.

Reactions: Coddy

Registered
Hooray!!!! Another one off the list............. soon! (y)馃榿

1 - 20 of 37 Posts