Kia EV6 Forum banner
2221 - 2240 of 2435 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,753 Posts
Ordered early Oct - with a March/April planned delivery.

Matte Grey - GT Line S AWD no HP.

I was fine with that - and the first delay, but it's now July and expected to be delayed further.
I think your dealer was being very optimistic, it is normally the basic model with RWD that were coming thorough and even then not as quick as you were quoted.

·
Super Moderator
1,753 Posts
It will be a GT line S with AWD and heatpump. Some delay is to be expected but I saw that they are taking no more orders in Canada as Kia know they cannot supply in a reasonable time.
I ordered the same car before these massive issues and it has already been over 10 months wait.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I think your dealer was being very optimistic, it is normally the basic model with RWD that were coming thorough and even then not as quick as you were quoted.
I think most orders around the end of '21 were being told March 22 at the time. It was only in to the new year that the delays really came to light I think.

Reactions: BillyC

·
Registered
67 Posts
I know how you feel with being messed around.

My car was due to the dealer with a confirm date a week ago, then the boat was late docking, which can not be helped, then the date was moved a week and the car was due to the dealer today but they sent me an update of the SAP system and it was meant to have been assigned to a transporter on the 8th, shipped on the 9th and delivered on the 10th.

The upto date form on the 9th showed it had not been assigned on the 8th so looks like its going to be further delays.

Even when the car gets to the UK Kia still can not keep the dates.

Just hoping it does not mean the transporter that comes do my dealer is not a once a week deal as it will be another delayed week.

Awaiting an update on this from the dealer but they did not reply to my e-mail asking yesterday. :mad:
@JK-KIAEV6 looks like we are in similar situation. My dealer was expecting the car yesterday (at least that is what he told), and today he doesn't even know when it will get into a transporter :cry:
I have already paid for the car, received the RC from DVLA, but still don't have an actual delivery date.
The payment was done based on a confirmed delivery date of 5th May but that was over the phone.
After a long call today, my dealer shared below info, again nothing helpful :mad:

Rectangle Font Screenshot Number Parallel

·
Registered
213 Posts
That's not very good service.

There is no way that I am paying for my car until I see it and the dealer has already told me that it will happen that way. Sounds like they pulled a fast one on you just for the salesman to get his monthly quota up. Hope you are going to have a chat about some sort of compensation?!

Can't believe that they are now having trouble transporting cars in the UK. :(

I am now hoping that my car is sitting at Immingham as the ship has now left, but obviously I have had no contact from my dealer, so I doubt that the delivery for Mon/Tues next week will happen.

Oh well, got used to waiting now, just hope it comes this month. :unsure:

Reactions: rogerdmullins

·
Super Moderator
1,753 Posts
@JK-KIAEV6 looks like we are in similar situation. My dealer was expecting the car yesterday (at least that is what he told), and today he doesn't even know when it will get into a transporter :cry:
I have already paid for the car, received the RC from DVLA, but still don't have an actual delivery date.
The payment was done based on a confirmed delivery date of 5th May but that was over the phone.
After a long call today, my dealer shared below info, again nothing helpful :mad:

View attachment 5501
Where is your dealer located?

·
Super Moderator
1,753 Posts
I think most orders around the end of '21 were being told March 22 at the time. It was only in to the new year that the delays really came to light I think.
Mine was delayed from Oct 21 delivery so way before the new year, mine is over 6 months late.

·
Super Moderator
1,753 Posts
That's not very good service.

There is no way that I am paying for my car until I see it and the dealer has already told me that it will happen that way. Sounds like they pulled a fast one on you just for the salesman to get his monthly quota up. Hope you are going to have a chat about some sort of compensation?!

Can't believe that they are now having trouble transporting cars in the UK. :(

I am now hoping that my car is sitting at Immingham as the ship has now left, but obviously I have had no contact from my dealer, so I doubt that the delivery for Mon/Tues next week will happen.

Oh well, got used to waiting now, just hope it comes this month. :unsure:
Mine wanted me to pay today and told them no way until I have seen the car am i parting with any money.

Mu car is sitting at Immingham awaiting a car transporter and is now two days late for this and counting.

Shocking service by Kia yet again.

• Wow
Reactions: Inforce

·
Registered
45 Posts
I ordered a EV6 GT Line S (yacht blue + HP) back in November last year, with an expected delivery of Feb/Mar 22. That then moved out to August 22 and latest is December 22 . Over a year after I ordered it. I originally wanted the full GT spec but didn’t want to wait a whole year when I ordered it. Now that I have to anyway for GT Line S I have cancelled it and now ordered the GT. So every cloud. They do state ETA as Q1 23 so could be as late as next March, but not much longer than original order. Disappointed with delay but happy in the respect I’m getting the GT now. 😁🙏
I have done exactly the same as you. Changed my GT Line S ordered in November to a GT...expected Qtr 1 23. Managed to get my hands on a new Sportage GT Line S as a stop gap 😀

·
Registered