Kia EV6 Forum banner
2661 - 2680 of 2742 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mine gives me an update every couple of months or so (I ordered in December). To be honest it is just a courtesy. Not really a lot of point until it enters build, but at least confirms you are not forgotten.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,994 Posts
I've never seen a car price higher for being OLDER either :) But of course 1 day younger, moving it into a different reg can have a price difference in GB.

In N.I. registration format doesn't change twice a year. For historical reasons, A registration is made up of 3 letters (that are different for each council area) plus a maximum of 4 digits. Those first 3 letters change when the last 4 digits for that council area roll over from 9999, which can obviously be anytime during the year depending on the volume of registrations, or in fact might run more than 12 months. Used to be a local DVLA, but N.I. regs have been issued by the UK DVLA for many years now in this format.

So although the first 3 digits is indicative of a period of time that the car was registered, it is far from definitive. Also there is a much higher use of personal plates in N.I., especially outside of the cities. And many of those are from GB using the GB standard.

Dial all that in, and the registration number means little here in terms of the actual age of the car. So the year of registration is the headline figure that is used at the time of resale.

Clearly, just like a 31st Aug car and one on the 1st Sept are only a day different, the fact that it is a 72 instead of a 22 has a sales difference. Same here for a December 2022 V Jan 2023.
OH OK, was not aware there was a year difference on the plate from Dec to Jan in N.I.

Learn something new on here, now makes sense. (y)

·
Super Moderator
1,994 Posts
For those of you who already got their car, how often did the dealers ring you to keep in contact? I'm only 3 months into my wait and haven't heard a peep. I assume they'll only contact me once the car is being made?
Never, I had to chase them.

Even when it was on route I had to chase them for updates.

Reactions: Nexus

·
Registered
Powered by diesel (for now).
184 Posts
👆
As per above.
They are not interested while you wait, so I doubt they will be interested after delivery.

Spoke twice since order was placed, and both were me contacting them.
Once it does arrive, fuckers can wait for the money till I'm ready to collect it (and I work overseas 50% of the year).

I will not be contacting them again, they can contact me. So if they call and say “your cars here, will be ready tomorrow” i hope i have just gone overseas and it will have to stay there for 4 weeks and they will get their money when i get home and go to collect it.

·
Registered
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, awaiting EV6 GT Line-S AWD in matte grey
52 Posts
For those of you who already got their car, how often did the dealers ring you to keep in contact? I'm only 3 months into my wait and haven't heard a peep. I assume they'll only contact me once the car is being made?
If only 3 months in,...... I would not even bother chasing things for another 6 months (at least).

Ok, I was being sarcastic :rolleyes: :rolleyes: but also realistic!

Reactions: Inforce and Nexus

·
Registered
102 Posts
Knowing what I know now, its likely you will know roughly when to start asking for updates by watching the forums. My dealer got their information from me most of the time.

I called them on a Wednesday to tell them to keep an eye out for updates on my car, they called back on the Thursday, to tell me it was in production on that Wednesday.

If you understand they have nothing to tell you until its in build or arriving then you wont worry about lack of comms.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you have an order number Kia respond to emails/chat enquiries directly too. My car should enter build in Q3 so I will contact Kia in Aug/Sept if not heard anything.

Bruce

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ordered my EV6 start off November 21, AWD gtls with hp in black dealer phone at the start of the week to say it is built and is waiting to be shipped. Delivery August so 10 mnths wait. Fingers crossed it doesn't change.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Dealer ring??? What you mean proactively??? Err, NEVER only ever (sometimes) returned my calls as I could never get through to the sales man or sales manager.

Only when they actually had a 'concrete' delivery date, did I get 3 phone calls in 2 weeks. Those calls were to say the 'concrete' delivery date had changed - 1 week late, then 2 weeks late and then it had arrived unexpectedly.

When I say 'late' I don't mean from the original Nov delivery date!

·
Registered
226 Posts
OH OK, was not aware there was a year difference on the plate from Dec to Jan in N.I.

Learn something new on here, now makes sense. (y)
There isn't, and I didn't say there was. I said the plates here for the reasons outlined give little indication of the age of a vehicle, so the year of registering the car with the DVLA is what is advertised. Hence a car that is registered in Jan 2023 has an advantage at resale over a car registered in Dec 2022, even if purely all in the head.

Similarly, some in GB will wait for Sept to get a new reg even though they could have the car in Aug.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ordered my EV6 start off November 21, AWD gtls with hp in black dealer phone at the start of the week to say it is built and is waiting to be shipped. Delivery August so 10 mnths wait. Fingers crossed it doesn't change.
Thanks for that, I order same spec (but in blue) a couple of weeks later, so hopefully I might get a build date before the end of the month

·
Registered
441 Posts
Contact from dealers? :ROFLMAO:
They all appear to be utterly useless. Don’t expect anybody to contact you. You’ll have to make contact with them if you want to know anything.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Thanks for that, I order same spec (but in blue) a couple of weeks later, so hopefully I might get a build date before the end of the month
Did you order before or after me? I have had a build date

·
Super Moderator
1,994 Posts
There isn't, and I didn't say there was. I said the plates here for the reasons outlined give little indication of the age of a vehicle, so the year of registering the car with the DVLA is what is advertised. Hence a car that is registered in Jan 2023 has an advantage at resale over a car registered in Dec 2022, even if purely all in the head.

Similarly, some in GB will wait for Sept to get a new reg even though they could have the car in Aug.
OH OK, so my point about value was correct, thank you for clearing that up.

·
Registered