Kia EV6 Forum banner
2681 - 2700 of 2742 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
And just remember, at least there are Kia dealers.........over at Tesla by contrast........their ordering "experience" makes any other car manufacturer look like saints........
I have to say I much preferred my last Tesla purchase although that was pre-Model 3 influx of huge orders. It was done online, no bullshit, no having to deal with salesmen. The car arrived on time and I went and picked it up, again with no bullshit.

I HATE the dealership "experience". By far the worst part of car ownership.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Did you order before or after me? I have had a build date
I'm 17th of Nov, but I note yours is no HP, which appears to have some relevance to build dates. The other poster's order includes an HP, and was ordered start of Nov.

Reactions: ev6fc

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well these boats take odd routes. The ship that has sailed all the way from Korea has stopped at Antwerp, then in to Tilbury in the UK. You'd think that Immingham would be next but it's actually now heading to Wallhamn in Sweden? Then it may head to Immingham next but who knows.
Depends how they were loaded at departure. Maybe they use an algorithm that gives them the most economical route. On the other hand, Korean knowledge of European geography may be lacking!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have to say I much preferred my last Tesla purchase although that was pre-Model 3 influx of huge orders. It was done online, no bullshit, no having to deal with salesmen. The car arrived on time and I went and picked it up, again with no bullshit.

I HATE the dealership "experience". By far the worst part of car ownership.
That was like my Kona which I ordered online. To be fair the sales guys had no idea about it as it was the first ev Kona they had seen.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered beg of Feb 2022.
My dealer contacts every couple if weeks, either a call or email. No definite dates but I think it's a waiting game & not the dealers fault.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Estimated dates from dealers are worthless in my experience. I know it doesn't help, but you just have to wait until you get 'the' call from the dealer.

My original delivery date was Nov 21 and I didn't get the car till May 22. Was told every month from Nov was the new estimated date until it arrived.... Drove me mad :mad:

So as hard as it is, I think the best thing to do is wait, impatiently :rolleyes:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Originally said ( before war & huge orders) hopefully summer ,now Q4 hopefully . They've been honest & said they don't know until if goes into manufacturing. Can't fault them really .
I have had a really good experience at the Kia Dealership in Eastbourne to be honest. I ordered in March 2022, and the estimated delivery date on the order form is December 31st 2022. No issues for me to have to wait. It is what it is really. Those that have waited for many months, and now have have their cars seem to be really pleased with what they have according to the posts on this forum. Of course everyone is different and you make your own choices. I would not blame the dealership for the time it is taking for these cars to come through. The time frames may get even longer in the future, who really knows.
I have looked at the new Genesis, which is really nice and well priced, depending on the model. The Genesis also has availability now as well.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,994 Posts
Think if you go into the agreement knowing it may take 10 to 12 months to get the car and anything sooner is a bonus your not be disappointed, if you listen to a dealer offering anything less you may get your hopes up and be disappointed.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Spoke to my dealer today, as I do once a month. Ensures me that they go thru the computer everyday for all the various cars they have on order to see if any have had a chassis number. He also told me off the price increase and assured me it did not apply to me or anyone else that had a signed order.

Reactions: Inforce

·
Registered
12 Posts
Has anyone taken delivery of their EV6 recently, or knows someone who has, or has been given a production date for delivery in 3Q? Just trying to gauge if any reached the UK in June & what the 3Q deliveries might look like. Not expecting mine till 4Q so the Model Y's (supposedly) Sept EDD might be taking amps from the Ohme charger first......

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got told by my dealer late last week that mine has now been shipped. He said he logged in everyday to check for an update in the morning. I called mid afternoon on the day of the price increase to get an update, he called me back later saying the system had just been updated with a shipping date of 31/05/2022 and an estimated delivery date to them of 29/07/2022. I believe mine is on the Morning Chant as I think that's the only vehicle carrier to leave Korea around that date.

For reference I ordered a Black GT-Line RWD with Heat Pump in early February. Reading this forum I'm getting mine much faster than other people. Only a month later than they original estimated and much quicker than the December 2022 we've been quoted recently. Dealer has said to us that the EV6's are improving on those dates they told us of December so hopefully that will filter through to others as well.

·
Registered
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, awaiting EV6 GT Line-S AWD in matte grey
52 Posts
Has anyone taken delivery of their EV6 recently, or knows someone who has, or has been given a production date for delivery in 3Q? Just trying to gauge if any reached the UK in June & what the 3Q deliveries might look like. Not expecting mine till 4Q so the Model Y's (supposedly) Sept EDD might be taking amps from the Ohme charger first......
Mine (in signature) is due to arrive in the UK early July, with delivery to me around 3 weeks later.
I believe my car is on the Morning Chant, due at Suez tomorrow.

·
Registered
226 Posts
For reference I ordered a Black GT-Line with Heat Pump in early February. Reading this forum I'm getting mine much faster than other people. Only a month later than they original estimated and much quicker than the December 2022 we've been quoted recently. Dealer has said to us that the EV6's are improving on those dates they told us of December so hopefully that will filter through to others as well.
Its the GTlineS AWD HP that is the holy grail product

·
Registered
3 Posts
GTLS AWD in yacht blue ordered 1st November. Yesterday we were told that it is one of 4 being delivered to the dealer on 4th July!

·
Registered