Kia EV6 Forum banner
2701 - 2720 of 2742 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 rwd gt line ordered 6th February black
2 Posts
Well my car is on the Grand Pavo - It should have docked at Immingham on 20th June, but at the moment it's anchored at a holding anchorage just outside Grimsby waiting for a space at Immingham (been there nearly two days waiting, but hayho what's another weeks wait in the grand scheme of things.) :(

John.

View attachment 6667
My car is also on this ship. From what I've seen on the dealer's order page, cars are expected to be unloaded by or on the 24th of June.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Has anyone taken delivery of their EV6 recently, or knows someone who has, or has been given a production date for delivery in 3Q? Just trying to gauge if any reached the UK in June & what the 3Q deliveries might look like. Not expecting mine till 4Q so the Model Y's (supposedly) Sept EDD might be taking amps from the Ohme charger first......
I ordered exactly the same as you on 15th December. I will keep checking to see if you get any news and will let you know if I do. Dealer yesterday said still expected Dec-Feb but really hoping for better news soon!

·
Registered
441 Posts
Mine is on the Grand Pavo too :)

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,994 Posts
Fingers crossed a lot of members look like they maybe soon get there cars.

Reactions: Inforce

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have just been informed today that my car is built, and was one of the very last built in matte steel grey (at this time).

From delivery times etc, I assume that it is due to be shipped on the Morning Grant which is due to arrive in the UK on 4th July.

Excitement is starting to mount :D:D

Congrats on the (hopefully) imminent arrival of your EV6!

Out of interest; who told you that it was one of the last matte greys? Ours is a Matt Grey GTLS RWD and the dealer is adamant that it's unaffected by the delays to this colour, but we still don't have a build date... (so seems unlikely)

·
Registered
Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, awaiting EV6 GT Line-S AWD in matte grey
52 Posts
Congrats on the (hopefully) imminent arrival of your EV6!

Out of interest; who told you that it was one of the last matte greys? Ours is a Matt Grey GTLS RWD and the dealer is adamant that it's unaffected by the delays to this colour, but we still don't have a build date... (so seems unlikely)

Mine will be a lease vehicle, the lease company told me on 17 May that I needed to change my colour. I could stick with matte grey, but if I did they would expect a further delay (possibly going into years!!).

I switched to my second choice, yacht blue. On 30 May, I received another email informing me that my car had been built in my original choice of colour, and it was one of the last (for now) to be in matte grey. I believe it would have been built around the 20 May.

·
Registered
GT LINE S RWD (without HP) in Yacht Blue Ordered 5th. November 2021
17 Posts
It is now about 2 months since I picked up my GT Line S RWD(no HP), yacht blue EV6. I am thoroughly enjoy driving it. Not a great fan of the over sensitive Lane Keeping Assist(so disable that each time set off). Still spend a great deal of time having to consult the manual.
My main issue, however, is a few weeks after delivery, I had a Smart Tracker and immobiliser fitted and since then the car will never start on the first press of the EV button(sometimes it needs switching on and off at least 2 or more times) before it will engage either Drive or Reverse. I have contacted the Tracker firm and they have worked very hard to help solve the problem but so far not been successful. As well as the starting problem, remote parking assist no longer works either.
Just wondered if anyone else has encountered similar problems?

·
Registered
12 Posts
It is now about 2 months since I picked up my GT Line S RWD(no HP), yacht blue EV6. I am thoroughly enjoy driving it. Not a great fan of the over sensitive Lane Keeping Assist(so disable that each time set off). Still spend a great deal of time having to consult the manual.
My main issue, however, is a few weeks after delivery, I had a Smart Tracker and immobiliser fitted and since then the car will never start on the first press of the EV button(sometimes it needs switching on and off at least 2 or more times) before it will engage either Drive or Reverse. I have contacted the Tracker firm and they have worked very hard to help solve the problem but so far not been successful. As well as the starting problem, remote parking assist no longer works either.
Just wondered if anyone else has encountered similar problems?
Interesting. Did you have the tracker fitted voluntarily or did your insurer require it & do you know if your vehicle was one of the 1st Smart Tracker had been installed on? I assumed, potentially incorrectly, that an EV6 could be remotely disabled by Kia but maybe that needs OTA update functionality.

Reactions: GeoW

·
Registered
17 Posts
Interesting. Did you have the tracker fitted voluntarily or did your insurer require it & do you know if your vehicle was one of the 1st Smart Tracker had been installed on? I assumed, potentially incorrectly, that an EV6 could be remotely disabled by Kia but maybe that needs OTA update functionality.
Hello
Thanks for your response. It was my decision to have the tracker fitted. I was informed the original one I chose was not suitable for EV's so went with one the shop recommended as suitable for all EV's and it cost £200 more.
Yes, the installers took a few hours to fit it as they had not done one before on a Kia EV6.
Attempts to sort the starting issues have so far been unsuccessful.....it usually starts on second attempt but also not having remote parking assist is not what I envisaged when I spent £699 for the Tracker and similar amount for lifetime monitoring. Have to admit am very disappointed that features of my car i.e. Remote Car Parking Assist not now working as well as the problems with starting the car.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello
Thanks for your response. It was my decision to have the tracker fitted. I was informed the original one I chose was not suitable for EV's so went with one the shop recommended as suitable for all EV's and it cost £200 more.
Yes, the installers took a few hours to fit it as they had not done one before on a Kia EV6.
Attempts to sort the starting issues have so far been unsuccessful.....it usually starts on second attempt but also not having remote parking assist is not what I envisaged when I spent £699 for the Tracker and similar amount for lifetime monitoring. Have to admit am very disappointed that features of my car i.e. Remote Car Parking Assist not now working as well as the problems with starting the car.
Hello, have the installers tried to simply disconnect the unit to see if functionality returns to starting and park assist, then reconnect the tracker. Seems odd that these two functions do not work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hello, have the installers tried to simply disconnect the unit to see if functionality returns to starting and park assist, then reconnect the tracker. Seems odd that these two functions do not work.
Eventually managed to arrange for the installers to come back and check it over. They confirmed all was installed correctly but believed it was a software issue on the Tracker that might be causing my starting problems/etc. They arranged for the software to be reset remotely but with no success. The tracker system has a built in i-Immobiliser as part of it and I think that is where the problem might lie. The firm are going to investigate further and get input from the designer of the system so fingers crossed that might help resolve my problems.
I am going on my first long trip next week to Northumberland so will be my first real experience of charging on the go.

·
Registered
226 Posts
AS per the above, I'd suggest disconnecting the tracker to ensure that it is not a fault with the EV6 which coincidentally started to happen around the time of the tracker install. If it goes away then its definitely a tracker issue.

Reactions: GeoW

·
Registered
441 Posts
I was just checking on the Grand Pavo. It’s been sitting there for days doing nothing :ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,994 Posts
Eventually managed to arrange for the installers to come back and check it over. They confirmed all was installed correctly but believed it was a software issue on the Tracker that might be causing my starting problems/etc. They arranged for the software to be reset remotely but with no success. The tracker system has a built in i-Immobiliser as part of it and I think that is where the problem might lie. The firm are going to investigate further and get input from the designer of the system so fingers crossed that might help resolve my problems.
I am going on my first long trip next week to Northumberland so will be my first real experience of charging on the go.
Interesting your having these issues with a system they said was designed for EV's.

Ask them to remove the system connections and see if the car reverts back to fully working and if it does I would ask them to not connect the system until the issues are resolved or get your money back for a different system.

You may find other issues.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes I agree with the suggestions of disconnecting system and see if all works as before and take it from there. If they have no updates for me when I return from my trip, I will ask them to do this. Will update with any progress.
Thanks to those who have added comments.

·
Registered
52 Posts
And Morning Chant has just made it through the Suez Canal, just crossing the Mediterranean now :D
Still due in Immingham on 4 July.

Are Kias always unloaded at Immingham as the Morning Chant is also due at Southampton on 17 July.

·
Registered
GT-line S AWD with heatpump in Yacht Blue on order
96 Posts
I was just checking on the Grand Pavo. It’s been sitting there for days doing nothing :ROFLMAO:
The Pavo is now on the move. You can see where it had been anchored since Monday waiting for a slot at Immmingham. It sailed out to the northeast before doing a U-ie to get to the navigation channels for Immingham - It should be there any time now!

@hungrymackem There's a huge Kia compound and workshop a mile or so from the Immingham keyside, so I guess all Kia imports will arrive there. The boats usually make several port calls on their way to us. No idea what the Morning Chant would be dropping off at Southampton, though. If you're interested the compound is here - BCA KIA 1N Moss lane.

John.

Map World Font Line Screenshot

·
Registered
52 Posts
The Pavo is now on the move. You can see where it had been anchored since Monday waiting for a slot at Immmingham. It sailed out to the northeast before doing a U-ie to get to the navigation channels for Immingham - It should be there any time now!

@hungrymackem There's a huge Kia compound and workshop a mile or so from the Immingham keyside, so I guess all Kia imports will arrive there. The boats usually make several port calls on their way to us. No idea what the Morning Chant would be dropping off at Southampton, though. If you're interested the compound is here - BCA KIA 1N Moss lane.

John.

View attachment 6752
Morning Chant is dropping off at France then Spain, then Immingham. Then off to other ports in Europe.

Hopefully no major port waits to delay my car - I must admit I am starting to get excited now.

One thing I had not considered, it may be collecting vehicles at Southampton for return leg.

Reactions: Jock55
2701 - 2720 of 2742 Posts