Kia EV6 Forum banner
3101 - 3120 of 3735 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
My car is at the dealers 😊

Pickup next Tuesday.
Congrats - mine was rushed, still finding bits of the plastic protection they've left on! It wasn't even cleaned properly either - but probably as much my fault by giving them limited time to prep it.

One recommendation (I rushed my collection as well) - check the windows for any chips/scratches. Mine has a couple of scratches on the front window I didn't notice at collection (so can't hold them accountable for it) :( But it's right in my eyeline and bloody annoying :)

When the wife picks up her new car (Sportage PHEV) we'll be ensuring we review it all better.

·
Registered
Kia EV6 AWD in Yacht Blue
26 Posts
I spoke to my dealer today. Still no build date for my mid-December 2021 order. When they contacted Kia, Kia returned a bulletin that said orders placed between October 2021 and July 2022 will be delivered between September and January 2023.
I think that's an overly vague statement when they really have no idea, it seems to vary wildly with spec. I ordered mine 31st March 2022.

Unless of course they mean that any remaining orders have a delay while they switch tooling to the MY23 bits and bobs

·
Registered
Ordered EV6 GT-Line S AWD in Glacier White with Heat Pump and Puddle Lamps early March 2022
86 Posts
My dealer update for my order placed on 08 March 2022 is that those orders placed between Sept 2021 and January 2022 will be delivered between October 2022 and January 2023. When I questions the specifications it was a complete mixture of GT Line S AWD and the Air RWD models. I'm hoping for a notification of a build date around end September/Early October 2022 for my GT Line S AWD Glacier White with Heat Pump and Puddle Lamps.
Thank you

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
2,886 Posts
My dealer update for my order placed on 08 March 2022 is that those orders placed between Sept 2021 and January 2022 will be delivered between October 2022 and January 2023. When I questions the specifications it was a complete mixture of GT Line S AWD and the Air RWD models. I'm hoping for a notification of a build date around end September/Early October 2022 for my GT Line S AWD Glacier White with Heat Pump and Puddle Lamps.
Thank you
I would go December to Jan 2023 for your car going by what I and others had to wait for the same car.

·
Registered
72 Posts
My dealer has actually been pretty good, all said and done.
Yes I've chased them with questions, but that's usually after they've given me an update where the news has revealed something that's not so great.

It sounds like they're one of the better dealers too.
Yes, I have no complaints. The car will get here eventually, not into checking the ships etc.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I’ve had confirmation from my lease company that Kia have announced on 1 July that the home cable will not be supplied due to ongoing supply constraints.

By this they mean the Domestic EV Cable Supply In Car Charging Cable (3-pin plug type) for all Electric and Plug-in Hybrid models.

There will be a transitional period when some customers may find their vehicle receives an In Car Charging Cable (3-pin plug type).

However, the Type 2 cable which is the recommendation will be supplied.

this has put my mind at rest as I have a charge point getting installed and I can’t see a NEED for the 3-pin in normal day to day use.

happier now, back to waiting

·
Super Moderator
2,886 Posts
I’ve had confirmation from my lease company that Kia have announced on 1 July that the home cable will not be supplied due to ongoing supply constraints.

By this they mean the Domestic EV Cable Supply In Car Charging Cable (3-pin plug type) for all Electric and Plug-in Hybrid models.

There will be a transitional period when some customers may find their vehicle receives an In Car Charging Cable (3-pin plug type).

However, the Type 2 cable which is the recommendation will be supplied.

this has put my mind at rest as I have a charge point getting installed and I can’t see a NEED for the 3-pin in normal day to day use.

happier now, back to waiting
I would assume this means they do not want to not ship cars based on being out of stock of the cable.

Would be an expensive car to not ship due to the cable.

Still think they should at least ship the car and say the cable will follow once back in stock.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I would assume this means they do not want to not ship cars based on being out of stock of the cable.

Would be an expensive car to not ship due to the cable.

Still think they should at least ship the car and say the cable will follow once back in stock.
I think it’s more than just that. I think it’s a cost cutting exercise. The world is experiencing an economic downturn and if you can continue to charge the same (or more) while reducing your own costs then the profits continue to roll in.

it’s pretty underhanded but it’s happening everywhere

·
Super Moderator
2,886 Posts
I think it’s more than just that. I think it’s a cost cutting exercise. The world is experiencing an economic downturn and if you can continue to charge the same (or more) while reducing your own costs then the profits continue to roll in.

it’s pretty underhanded but it’s happening everywhere
Possible, any way to save money.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I spoke to my dealer today. Still no build date for my mid-December 2021 order. When they contacted Kia, Kia returned a bulletin that said orders placed between October 2021 and July 2022 will be delivered between September and January 2023.
Thank you
yep, that sort-of chimes with what my dealer is hinting (note, not saying), although his more negative twist on the saga suggests a Dec build date not delivery date, so Jan-Feb 23 arrival. That said, more bells & whistles = more delays particularly for RHD markets. Folks in the US seem to be getting theirs after "only" 4-6 months.

·
Registered
329 Posts

I'm still waiting for my granny cable and I got my car in May.
The response from my salesman today was - 'I will ask the service department', so still don't know when I will receive it.
Does anyone know how much the original Kia ones cost when they were available to buy as an accessory as I think I will be having to get them to pay for a 3rd party one!

Reactions: Jock55
3101 - 3120 of 3735 Posts