Kia EV6 Forum banner
3141 - 3160 of 3244 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Has anyone here considered the Genesis Gv60?

After all of the nonsense and frustration with Kia and our dealer/broker we had a test drive of the gv60 on Tuesday. It was a fantastic experience (made better by the fact they bring the test drive to you...) and some of the comfiest seats I've ever experienced in a car. Plus all the same features (and more) that you get on the EV6. Definitely worth seeing in person as it doesn't look great in videos.

We've since put in a lease application for an instock model and assuming it's all approved will be cancelling the EV6. Factory orders are currently being quoted at 4-5 months but there seem to be a fair few instock models becoming available sporadically.
Hello, Looked at the Genesis, had a drive up in London. Nice car, but a similar spec to the EV6 will cost a fair bit more, overall I think I prefer the EV6, but its just my choice. No issues with my Kia Dealership in Eastbourne, they have been very good, good updates etc. No complaints.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dealer gave a similar date, but in a recent updated then stated that the delivery would be a month date later as a delay had caused it to likely miss the port slot, so it was being diverted to NL first. I suspect the UK delivery will be on another possibly smaller boat as it's unlikely they'll want the big transporter hanging around.
Thanks for replying.
What is the boats name?
I know that the morning chant went to the Netherlands to drop its load after having problems at immingham Dock.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for replying.
What is the boats name?
I know that the morning chant went to the Netherlands to drop its load after having problems at immingham Dock.
No idea, I wasn't too interested in tracking it as the dealer can do that for me.
Our dealer seems ok too, so that's not a problem.

When was the Morning chant due into the UK?

·
Registered
Powered by diesel (for now).
216 Posts
Has anyone here considered the Genesis Gv60?
Factory orders are currently being quoted at 4-5 months but there seem to be a fair few instock models becoming available sporadically.
Hmmmmm,
Kia were quoting 20 week delivery. That deadline passes easily for majority of EV6 orders.

Of the 3 Hyundai parent cars.
Ioniq 5. I thought this looked the best (Honda Civic front end and Lancia Delta Integrale rear quarter panels - then someone mentioned 1986 Maestro).
EV6. Front, sides look fine, arse end, not convinced yet.
GV60. Looks like it’s been blown up with a high pressure air line.

So, EV6 it was.

·
Registered
10 Posts
No idea, I wasn't too interested in tracking it as the dealer can do that for me.
Our dealer seems ok too, so that's not a problem.

When was the Morning chant due into the UK?
When did you get this update?
My dealer rang me today and said it was all still on track with no change but they haven't exactly been upfront until now.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
2,452 Posts
Does the EV6 have Over The Air updates available in the UK?

When I look at my EV6's General Settings -Version info/Update screen, it says "OTA (Over-the-air) update - no updates available (Optional feature subscription required)"

Is there somewhere that can I subscribe to this?
You should have had this subscription done by the dealer when you brought the car?

Maybe worth giving them a call to resolve.

·
Registered
302 Posts
It seems that even historic "shipped" dates mean nothing. My dealer showed me the screen several weeks ago, saying the shipped date of 9th Of July was an actual dat, i.e. it had happened and was not an estimated date. Was talking to him today and he looked up the same info, and now it says the shipped date is the 22nd July.

You'd think that if they tell you it is an actual date, and the date is several weeks in the past, that you could rely on it, but obviously not. Not the dealers fault, but it is annoying and simply not good enough that KIA uk tell the dealer and you that the car is on a ship, when it isn't.

• Sad
Reactions: Jock55

·
Registered
EV6 GTL AWD Heat pump
57 Posts
Does the EV6 have Over The Air updates available in the UK?

When I look at my EV6's General Settings -Version info/Update screen, it says "OTA (Over-the-air) update - no updates available (Optional feature subscription required)"

Is there somewhere that can I subscribe to this?
You get 7 years of Kia Connect for no charge with the car, top right of centre screen it should show Kia Live. Does the connect app work with the car, if so you have what's needed.
I updated nav software with the 220623 version via USB & it then said OTA update available. When the 220721 version came out I checked the car & the update button was greyed out so update via USB again. Maybe check with the dealer about the subscription message.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Dealer tells me the currently delivery time for orders this month is 1 year+

·
Registered
71 Posts
You get 7 years of Kia Connect for no charge with the car, top right of centre screen it should show Kia Live. Does the connect app work with the car, if so you have what's needed.
I updated nav software with the 220623 version via USB & it then said OTA update available. When the 220721 version came out I checked the car & the update button was greyed out so update via USB again. Maybe check with the dealer about the subscription message.
Thanks for this - I'll check with the dealer this evening

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
2,452 Posts
Dealer tells me the currently delivery time for orders this month is 1 year+
Not surprised, a friend asked about the GT version and was told expect delivery between 12 to 18 months any sooner would be a quick delivery.

·
Registered