Kia EV6 Forum banner
3681 - 3700 of 3735 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered EV6 GT-Line S AWD in Glacier White with Heat Pump and Puddle Lamps early March 2022
86 Posts
Nothing to stop you doing all of the finance paperwork in advance, but a simple bank transfer on the day should be acceptable IMO
Good Luck
Happy and safe driving

·
Registered
Ordered EV6 GT-Line S AWD in Glacier White with Heat Pump and Puddle Lamps early March 2022
86 Posts
If you want to see a blue EV6 getting a total PPF, you can see it here:-
(first half of it is them cleaning it)

Why spend all that time covering up the reg number, blurring it out later in the video, but make a mistake and show the full reg number at 3m 50 s into the video!?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Why spend all that time covering up the reg number, blurring it out later in the video, but make a mistake and show the full reg number at 3m 50 s into the video!?
Because it was, as you say, a mistake.
From their facebook page "check out our latest video filmed and edited by our youngest daughter".

·
Registered
67 Posts
Is there a post /resource I could use that gives me a list of all the things to ask the dealer and all the things to check.

My dealer has said he wants to do the transfer of deposit and set the finance up this week ready for collection. I am concerned I need to see the car first!

Any advice here?
Hello
I would ask to visit and see the car for check, to remind yourself etc
Once you are happy you can do the finance set up with him
Just a thought

·
Registered
EV6 GTLineS AWD & HP Yacht Blue. Ordered 21st Sept '21 - Delivered 7th July '22😁😍
6 Posts
Because it was, as you say, a mistake.
From their facebook page "check out our latest video filmed and edited by our youngest daughter".
I agree with you tangey.
I think that the young lady did a great job producing and editing the video. Perhaps I'm biased because it's my car, but sadly it is often easier to be critical than constructive. I'm reminded that, 'he who never made a mistake, never made anything'!

·
Registered
67 Posts
I agree with you tangey.
I think that the young lady did a great job producing and editing the video. Perhaps I'm biased because it's my car, but sadly it is often easier to be critical than constructive. I'm reminded that, 'he who never made a mistake, never made anything'!
Hello
Personally I think it’s a lovely video, well shot, shows some very good detail as well
The car looks great by the way.

Well done to the young lady too

Chris

Reactions: Daymo

·
Registered
6 Posts
i see that Dongar are producing their Dongar Technologies Dash Cam Power Adapter 10-pin Type H for Select Kia/Hyundai
again.
But can only find it in the USA.
Anyone know if they are avaialble in the UK?

·
Registered
EV6 GTLineS AWD & HP Yacht Blue. Ordered 21st Sept '21 - Delivered 7th July '22😁😍
6 Posts
i see that Dongar are producing their Dongar Technologies Dash Cam Power Adapter 10-pin Type H for Select Kia/Hyundai
again.
But can only find it in the USA.
Anyone know if they are avaialble in the UK?
Unfortunately as far as I am aware, they are still only available from the US.
I bought mine from Dongar in August and it took 10 days to arrive.
Font Screenshot Rectangle Parallel Number

Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Hello
Personally I think it’s a lovely video, well shot, shows some very good detail as well
The car looks great by the way.

Well done to the young lady too

Chris
I have been quoted less than £3200 to have my car done with PPF & Ceramic
Summary
Full car with PPF using Xpel ultimate plus
2 x coating of Ceramic over the top (my choice)
Using gtechniq halo
Wheels using gtechniq serum light
All glass gtechniq G1
Interior using gtechniq

Just need the car
Looking like January now.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have been quoted less than £3200 to have my car done with PPF & Ceramic
Summary
Full car with PPF using Xpel ultimate plus
2 x coating of Ceramic over the top (my choice)
Using gtechniq halo
Wheels using gtechniq serum light
All glass gtechniq G1
Interior using gtechniq

Just need the car
Looking like January now.
thats an extremely cheap quote.

·
Registered
67 Posts
thats an extremely cheap quote.
The company that quoted me are actually putting PPF on a Kia EV6 next week.
They have invited me to visit to look at the process and discuss my requirements.
Although the quote is for full car PPF, I will probably just have the full front end done.
Then ceramic on the rest.
This should reduce the quote as well.

I had other quotes that were £1000 just to PPF the bonnet, claiming it’s because the EV6 bonnet is particularly wide!

Other full quotes have been around £4200+

·
Registered
329 Posts
The company that quoted me are actually putting PPF on a Kia EV6 next week.
They have invited me to visit to look at the process and discuss my requirements.
Although the quote is for full car PPF, I will probably just have the full front end done.
Then ceramic on the rest.
This should reduce the quote as well.

I had other quotes that were £1000 just to PPF the bonnet, claiming it’s because the EV6 bonnet is particularly wide!

Other full quotes have been around £4200+
Those are all pretty cheap prices for PPF.

Do you know how much the front PPF with the rest ceramic coated is going to cost?
Although as mine is currently being done, I don't think I really want to know 😥

·
Registered
67 Posts
Those are all pretty cheap prices for PPF.

Do you know how much the front PPF with the rest ceramic coated is going to cost?
Although as mine is currently being done, I don't think I really want to know 😥
Had the quote for all the car
Going to discuss on Wednesday for the front end etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
remember everyone wrapping is becoming big business these days a lot more people are at it so choose wisely and speak to owners who have had it done you only have it done once so multiple quotes from different suppliers is a good starting point happy shopping everyone

·
Registered
67 Posts
remember everyone wrapping is becoming big business these days a lot more people are at it so choose wisely and speak to owners who have had it done you only have it done once so multiple quotes from different suppliers is a good starting point happy shopping everyone
I agree, so many different price points out there, depending on the quality of the PPF.

Had 5 different quotes so far.
It’s good to shop around.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I know that chademo and CCS are entirely different standards. I take it there is no such thing as an adapter to allow CCS vehicles to use a chademo charger. I have one only a few miles away from me, and its the only 50Kw charger anywhere close.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I know that chademo and CCS are entirely different standards. I take it there is no such thing as an adapter to allow CCS vehicles to use a chademo charger. I have one only a few miles away from me, and its the only 50Kw charger anywhere close.
Not really, the systems are completely different technologies, you would need some form of CPU connector, but even though it's technically possible, the risk of damage to your car just isn't worth the risk, there have been a number of articles online about this subject and all seem to say no.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Latest update for my mid-December'21 order, still no build and 'maybe' December'22 into Q1'23. I really hoped that long overdue orders were now moving. I can't blame the dealer as they're just the unfortunate middle person. Kia's comms, or complete lack of, is appalling.
That doesn't bode well for those of us with January orders.
And totally agree, there was a Kia social media rep on one of the Facebook groups who seemed to think dealers should be able to give accurate ETAs... Which as I think everyone here knows is not the case!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Latest update for my mid-December'21 order, still no build and 'maybe' December'22 into Q1'23. I really hoped that long overdue orders were now moving. I can't blame the dealer as they're just the unfortunate middle person. Kia's comms, or complete lack of, is appalling.
if true that would suggest things are slowing down. the last couple of months had shown roughly a 10 month from order to delivery timeframe. Its possible its more guess work from the dealer, and just possible you'll get a build date in Oct.

3681 - 3700 of 3735 Posts