Kia EV6 Forum banner
3701 - 3720 of 3735 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
if true that would suggest things are slowing down. the last couple of months had shown roughly a 10 month from order to delivery timeframe. Its possible its more guess work from the dealer, and just possible you'll get a build date in Oct.
Yep that's why I hoped I wasn't too far away. They only had a bulletin to refer to. Hope you are enjoying your (identical) car 🙂

·
Registered
21 Posts
if true that would suggest things are slowing down. the last couple of months had shown roughly a 10 month from order to delivery timeframe. Its possible its more guess work from the dealer, and just possible you'll get a build date in Oct.
Gotta focus on building more for the US market, can't have them waiting more than few days for their cars ;)
Am I bitter? Yes, yes I am!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Gotta focus on building more for the US market, can't have them waiting more than few days for their cars ;)
Am I bitter? Yes, yes I am!
yep because the Federal tax credit is removed from any non-US built EVs sold from 1 Jan which currently shaves $7500 off the sticker price.

·
Registered
375 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,
I would like to know what deals people are getting through their company for the EV6. I am interested in the gt line RWD which in UK costs around £44K. I am able to get a 4 year company lease through gross salary sacrifice at a net cost of around £400 pm including servicing, repairs, tyres, breakdown cover, insurance (no down payment or initial installment).

However I can get the Hyundai Ioniq 5 Ultimate that costs more than the gt line at a net cost of £375 pm. It is strange why the EV6 mid spec gt line deal costs more than the more expensive Ioniq 5 Ultimate. Having test driven both I am more keen on the Kia.

Any thoughts why leasing is more expensive on the Kia?
Seems like a good deal to me. I have the same car on order through my employer, but it’s a 3 year 10000 mile deal for £440. I’ve been waiting since December 2021 though and still no sign of a delivery date.

·
Registered
67 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Car looks great
What did you have done to it?
Decontamination, washed & towel & blow air dried.
Entire vehicle received Single stage machine paint enhancement
Nanolex pro grade 5 year ceramic application to entire exterior paintwork.
Ceramic hi temp rated wheel coating application.
All glass fully cleaned inside & out with a with quality glass cleaner.
hydrophobic glass sealant applied to front windscreen.

·
Registered
123 Posts
For those with their lovely cars.
Has anyone got any numbers on the cost of fully charging their EV6 at home please?
It depends totally on your tariff. Many of us have EV specific tariffs with cheap charging overnight, but they vary hugely. More useful than cost per charge is cost per mile.

The best way to do a calculation is to imagine a full charge charge of a 77kwhr battery at your tariff price per unit (per KWh) then take the expected range of a full battery and divide by that charging cost to calculate a cost per mile. It will be approximate but a decent guide. Plenty of EV websites to explain this. Note some cheap EV tariffs have slightly higher daytime rates so it gets more complicated thinking about total cost etc.

Edit. This calculation is the wrong way round see later correction. Oops!

So say you are paying 30p/unit, 100% charge = 77x30 = £23.10
If you get approx 300miles range (300/23.1) that would be around 13p/mile.
Adjust your figures according to the tarriff you are paying, and note range in winter tends to drop (and according to how you drive).

Hope that helps

·
Registered
37 Posts
For those with their lovely cars.
Has anyone got any numbers on the cost of fully charging their EV6 at home please?
10%-100% is about 70kWh.

At the 34p rate (UK energy price guarantee fron 1st Oct onwards), that would cost £24 - <10p per mile as you would expect at least 240 miles range from that charge, even at dual carriageway speeds.

If you were doing that sort of mileage even semi-regularly, though, you’d almost certainly want to get a time of use tariff - probably Go Faster (5 hrs at 8.25p/kWh) or possibly an economy 7 type tariff.

If you were doing 250 miles every day, with Go Faster you’d get 35kWh at the cheap rate (5 x 7kWh), then the other 35kWh would be at the 40p daytime rate, for a total cost of about £17 or about 7p per mile.

With a ToU tariff you could then make additional savings by moving household loads such as dishwasher, washing machine into the cheap rate period.

If you only do the long trips every other day, with, say, 30 miles on the other days, then you might be able to manage with almost all your charging being done in the Go Faster window. After a 250 mile trip the first overnight charge would only get you back to about 60% charge, but after a second night it would be back to 100% ready for the next long drive. That would end up costing about £6 to fully charge (split over 2 days), equivalent to about 2.5p per mile.

Doing 250 miles every other day is 45k miles per year, so if that’s what you’ll be doing you’ll probably want to get some advice from @stageshoot over on SpeakEV as he has lots of experience of running EVs at those sorts of mileages and the implications for warranties etc.

·
Registered
37 Posts
So say you are paying 30p/unit, 100% charge = 77x30 = £23.10
If you get approx 300miles range (300/23.1) that would be around 13p/mile.
Agree with the rest but I think you got the division the wrong way round there.

£23.10 for 300 miles is 7.7p per mile.

My calcs above used a slight lower expected range, on the basis that anyone needing to regularly fully charge at home is probably doing a fair bit of 70mph driving, which will get slightly lower miles per kWh and thus lower range per full charge.

Reactions: uzbek

·
Registered
Ordered EV6 GT-Line S AWD in Glacier White with Heat Pump and Puddle Lamps early March 2022
87 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Agree with the rest but I think you got the division the wrong way round there.

£23.10 for 300 miles is 7.7p per mile.

My calcs above used a slight lower expected range, on the basis that anyone needing to regularly fully charge at home is probably doing a fair bit of 70mph driving, which will get slightly lower miles per kWh and thus lower range per full charge.
Thanks for the details
Don’t have my car yet!
I am retired anyway so only expect to do around 100 miles per week, maybe less.
No more than 6000 per annum
We are on a low tariff and it’s fixed as well.

It will be much cheaper than the petrol car we have.
Had a 3.0 Discovery as well
So pleased Kia took it off my hands for part ex.
They even paid me the money upfront as well.

Just waiting now for the 6.

My Christmas decs will be up and back down before the Car is here.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Decontamination, washed & towel & blow air dried.
Entire vehicle received Single stage machine paint enhancement
Nanolex pro grade 5 year ceramic application to entire exterior paintwork.
Ceramic hi temp rated wheel coating application.
All glass fully cleaned inside & out with a with quality glass cleaner.
hydrophobic glass sealant applied to front windscreen.
Car looks really nice after that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm next door in Derry City 👍🏻
Snap, me too. I believe without wanting to sound like a stalker to have seen you on the roads. 3 EV6's in town I have counted so far, yours (I assume) and two white, one NI plate and the other Donegal. The local dealer here am glad for, informative and they were very frank up front with the expectation of delivery.

·
Registered
EV6 GTLineS AWD & HP Yacht Blue. Ordered 21st Sept '21 - Delivered 7th July '22😁😍
6 Posts
Snap, me too. I believe without wanting to sound like a stalker to have seen you on the roads. 3 EV6's in town I have counted so far, yours (I assume) and two white, one NI plate and the other Donegal. The local dealer here am glad for, informative and they were very frank up front with the expectation of delivery.
I've only seen one other EV6 in the Derry area, and that was red with a Donegal plate.
Hang on in there. The long wait will pass by quicker than you think, and the frustrations of it all will melt away. You will love it!! :D

3701 - 3720 of 3735 Posts