Kia EV6 Forum banner
3721 - 3740 of 3879 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Kia Swindon just told me it’s not uncommon for them to have a sudden update on delivery times, and I could quite possibly expect to suddenly hear from them and to be told that my car will be delivered in a few weeks. This contradicts what I hear on this website from other users, and so I wonder if Kia in Swindon is being overly optimistic or whether this scenario can actually happen? Thoughts? I’m getting to the point where I’m considering cancelling my order from December 2021 and just getting a car in stock. Had enough!

·
Registered
397 Posts
Kia Swindon just told me it’s not uncommon for them to have a sudden update on delivery times, and I could quite possibly expect to suddenly hear from them and to be told that my car will be delivered in a few weeks. This contradicts what I hear on this website from other users, and so I wonder if Kia in Swindon is being overly optimistic or whether this scenario can actually happen? Thoughts? I’m getting to the point where I’m considering cancelling my order from December 2021 and just getting a car in stock. Had enough!
A VIN being assigned is basically the starting gun to having some firm data on an expected arrival time. It means the car is going into production imminently, and they can see when the VIN is assigned. It is generally 8-10 weeks from that point to you having the car. So they know 8-10 weeks out, assuming they are checking the order status every few days.

In my case, The VIN was assigned on the 8th of July, and I was told a few days later. The car was on my driveway on the 16th of Sept.

The only exception is if you get a unicorn, i.e. someone cancels shortly before their car arrives in the UK, it matches your order, and the dealer gets an option on the car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A VIN being assigned is basically the starting gun to having some firm data on an expected arrival time. It means the car is going into production imminently, and they can see when the VIN is assigned. It is generally 8-10 weeks from that point to you having the car. So they know 8-10 weeks out, assuming they are checking the order status every few days.

In my case, The VIN was assigned on the 8th of July, and I was told a few days later. The car was on my driveway on the 16th of Sept.

The only exception is if you get a unicorn, i.e. someone cancels shortly before their car arrives in the UK, it matches your order, and the dealer gets an option on the car.
Thank you. That’s what I understood too. When I told Kia Swindon they told me that’s not always the case and that cars can literally turn up! Didn’t sound right to me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes from my experience it can happen, used to call in every few weeks nothing doing, then one day called in and out of the blue they checked on screen and said it was built and on the boat, this was early August it had been on the boat since 16th July. So yes it happens hope you get the same good fortune. Picking car up end of September.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes from my experience it can happen, used to call in every few weeks nothing doing, then one day called in and out of the blue they checked on screen and said it was built and on the boat, this was early August it had been on the boat since 16th July. So yes it happens hope you get the same good fortune. Picking car up end of September.
Thanks. This is good news. I’m hanging on for the car but can’t wait much longer. I’ll try to remain optimistic.

·
Registered
68 Posts
How does the Chippenham Autotrader dealer get so many EV6's? Currently has the exact car I ordered, 72 plate with delivery miles, listed for £10k over RRP. How did it even make it there? Does not seem right when there are many of us still waiting for our turn in the long Kia queue. That car should have headed for the next person in line, not to a dealer for mega profit. Very irritating to see.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Here's some interesting data from "Inside EVs" regarding EV6 production on a global basis! Data appears to be from last month.

EV6 Production

·
Registered
GT-line S AWD with heatpump in Yacht Blue on order
135 Posts
Here's some interesting data from "Inside EVs" regarding EV6 production on a global basis! Data appears to be from last month.

EV6 Production
Good find @Jock55 ,

My car was built and shipped in May. Interesting that there was a 2000 unit production drop in June.from the 7000 odd produced in May before rising agian to about 9500 units in July.

Definitely some weirdness going on with EV6 production.

John.

Reactions: Jock55

·
Registered
40 Posts
How does the Chippenham Autotrader dealer get so many EV6's? Currently has the exact car I ordered, 72 plate with delivery miles, listed for £10k over RRP. How did it even make it there? Does not seem right when there are many of us still waiting for our turn in the long Kia queue. That car should have headed for the next person in line, not to a dealer for mega profit. Very irritating to see.
Hmmm. I wonder if they have an ”arrangement“ with one or more local buyers who happen to order more cars than they need and then can sell them back to ChipMoCo for a guaranteed quick profit, and then ChipMoCo move them on as used models at above list?:unsure:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hmmm. I wonder if they have an ”arrangement“ with one or more local buyers who happen to order more cars than they need and then can sell them back to ChipMoCo for a guaranteed quick profit, and then ChipMoCo move them on as used models at above list?:unsure:
Looking at Eukor ships, morning Cornelia V 117 is scheduled to be at Immingham on 5th Nevember!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Good find @Jock55 ,
My car was built and shipped in May. Interesting that there was a 2000 unit production drop in June.from the 7000 odd produced in May before rising agian to about 9500 units in July.
John.
They slacked off and went on vacation after they built yours, John! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
2,962 Posts
They must be doing something as you need a customers order and details to be able to place orders with Kia so somethings not right.

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
2,962 Posts
Went over to my Kia dealer today to check over things and the EV6 is arriving tomorrow with hopefully a handover on Wednesday, can’t wait to finally get my hands on it.

GT LINE S YACHT BLUE WITH H/P
Great news, I bet you can not wait. (y)

·
Registered
332 Posts
I got my car back from the detailer on Saturday. :cool:

He has posted some pics on facebook, you don't need to be a member to view them.
There is a Car & Coffee meet on Sunday 2nd Oct from 9:30 which I will be at if you want to see PPF in the flesh.

The front end has had PPF, which includes the lights, mirrors and front 'A' pillars.
Rest of the car has had Anglewax Genesis ceramic with a 5yr warranty, the glass has also been coated with Angleax Exodus with a 2yr warranty, wheels have been done with Anglewax Legacy.

The obligatory pictures, which don't really show anything as you can't see any difference in colour 😁
Wheel Vehicle registration plate Tire Vehicle Car
Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Grille
Vehicle Wheel Car Tire Automotive lighting

This is an applicator cloth, which has gone stiff from the ceramic.
Wood Natural material Coffee filter Shadow Dish
Wood Natural material Creative arts Art Fashion accessory

Have noticed that there are very few dead bugs on the front of the car and the dew in the morning on the bonnet started pooling up and disappeared pretty quickly. Hopefully the rear window will clear as fast(y)

3721 - 3740 of 3879 Posts