Kia EV6 Forum banner
361 - 380 of 421 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
47 Posts
I was just thinking the same... show me the charge curve!! :)
Truth be told, I'm WAY less concerned with the curve and way more interested in range testing! It's gonna charge while in the garage or parked at work mostly. I just need to know how many highway miles I will be able to squeeze out of it every day on my 188 mile round trips! LOL

·
Registered
151 Posts
I suspect one of the problems is diagnosing where the fault lies: payment method, charger, EV settings, cable, or user. I would like to see the AA's breakdown of what the issue turned out to be.
RTFM will be the most common!!! 😂🤣😆

·
Registered
151 Posts
Truth be told, I'm WAY less concerned with the curve and way more interested in range testing! It's gonna charge while in the garage or parked at work mostly. I just need to know how many highway miles I will be able to squeeze out of it every day on my 188 mile round trips! LOL
That's interesting as I'm the opposite. I know in real world driving plus weather issues I'll get 250 then keeping between 15% and 80% gives me enough "bladder" miles. 90% will be charge from home but I don't want 2hour stop times.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am one of the ex-ordered-Mach-E gang. Cancelled mine for various reasons and went for the EV6.
I have gone for the Yacht Blue and paid for a ceramic coating on there.
I loved the satin grey but have heard so many stories about how difficult this sort of finish is to maintain, and that if you get a scratch you can’t polish it out and pretty much have to have the whole car resprayed due to the colour being extremely difficult to match.
I was going to test drive the Mach-E today but didnt have the time, hope to do it later this week. May i ask why you changed your mind?

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was going to test drive the Mach-E today but didnt have the time, hope to do it later this week. May i ask why you changed your mind?
I am one of the ex Mach-e reservation holders. For me it was a few minor things that added up to a big decision. Limited seat adjustment, lack of premium feel to the cabin, almost every feature only accessible via the touchscreen, the overly sharp brakes, but mostly the complete lack of any interest from my dealer. Numerous e-mails and no response, and when I finally went for the test drive my salesman could not even be bothered to come and chat to me, even though he was in the same building. Great looking car with a real presence on the road, but glad I have opted for the Kia as it offers a far more compelling package for less money than I was paying for the Mach-e. Just wish the Kia had the panoramic roof of the Mach-e which is a thing of beauty.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #371 ·
I am one of the ex Mach-e reservation holders. For me it was a few minor things that added up to a big decision. Limited seat adjustment, lack of premium feel to the cabin, almost every feature only accessible via the touchscreen, the overly sharp brakes, but mostly the complete lack of any interest from my dealer. Numerous e-mails and no response, and when I finally went for the test drive my salesman could not even be bothered to come and chat to me, even though he was in the same building. Great looking car with a real presence on the road, but glad I have opted for the Kia as it offers a far more compelling package for less money than I was paying for the Mach-e. Just wish the Kia had the panoramic roof of the Mach-e which is a thing of beauty.
The problem with the Mach-e is the dealer makes little or nothing on the sale as you can only buy the car on line. Not even sure it contributes to the salesman's target. When I had a test drive I liked the exterior, but the interior not so much, especially all features only being accessible via the touch screen. However I felt very comfortable driving it using one pedal driving, and I did not notice the weight of the car as much as others I have driven.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I was going to test drive the Mach-E today but didn't have the time, hope to do it later this week. May i ask why you changed your mind?
I agree with all the other's comments, interior and brakes especially. Ford as a business had seriously upset me which didn't help. I waited 18 months and just got messed around.... too long to list here. I am pretty ambivalent to the Mustang name too.

The big screen did nothing for me and I really don't like them in Tesla either. I very much prefer the twin curved screens on the EV6. Aside from those soft issues I made a spread sheet of all the pros and cons and weighted and score them. Even being hard on the Kia it came out well on top. Then I prefer the look. The EV6 back end bothered me at first but now I quite like it.

The really big thing for me is the charge curve. The Mach-e drops below 80 very early and down lower still thereafter so it would have meant nearly hour stops. With Gridserve, Ionity and a few others it would be 30 mins in the EV6. When I drive to Scotland that could be a hour and a half which makes a massive difference if you are getting up at 4am.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
47 Posts
I sell both the Mach-e and the EV6 as we are a combined dealer. I'm going to WAIT for an EV6 before I would even consider getting a Mach-eScape. shrugs

·
Registered
10 Posts
Afternoon all.

I'll be catching up on this thread later on as yesterday I placed an order for the GT-Line S in Yatch Blue. Looking at a March delivery now though :(
Coming from a Tesla Model S. Had a deposit down on a Model 3 but saw the EV6 at Fully Charged Live and fell in love with it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have just had a call from my dealer to confirm October build, with an expected delivery to dealer by the end of November or early December. As it is a batch build I imagine this is the same for all of those who ordered early.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #378 ·
I have just had a call from my dealer to confirm October build, with an expected delivery to dealer by the end of November or early December. As it is a batch build I imagine this is the same for all of those who ordered early.
Very disappointing. So much for being told October, and still no test drive...🥺

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just had a call from my dealer as well. GT line-S RWD on order.
Has had a update from Kia. Expected delivery sometime October but no exact date. They have dates for the Air and hope for more exact times on the GT Line-S rwd in a few days.
Also said rear wheel drive were being built first.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Very disappointing. So much for being told October, and still no test drive...🥺
Went to my local Kia dealer today. They don't have any delivery dates ! They are expecting test drive car 12th October. I note Desmo's delivery for GT Line S.
I'm interested in Yacht blue GT Line RWD. Has anyone had a delivery date for such a beast?

361 - 380 of 421 Posts